Kenya visa requirements for Russian citizens
If you plan to visit Kenya, you may require a visa to gain entry. We can confirm that Russian citizens require a Kenya visa. Fortunately, kenyaimmigration.org is on your side and ready to assist you with the process. We have worked hard to simplify the process so that Russian citizens can easily obtain a Kenya Visa.
The Kenya Visa provides access to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. Start planning your trip to this side of Africa, and let kenyaimmigration.org help you with the Kenya Visa for Russian citizens.
1. Kenya e-visa for Russian citizens:
The Kenya Visa is a visa that can be obtained online. kenyaimmigration.org can provide you with a low-cost service for this travel procedure. The process is entirely online, so all you need is a Wifi connection.
Every Russian citizen who wishes to enter Kenya must first apply for electronic travel authorization; otherwise, they may be denied entry.
Fortunately, applying for an e-Visa has never been simpler. The online application process for electronic visas to Kenya has been simplified for Russian citizens, making it a simple process to apply.
The Kenya e-visa for Russian citizens is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the issued date and it allows a single entry or multiple entries to Kenya.
An electronic visa for Kenya entitles the holder to stay in Kenya for short periods of time for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
For all other types of trips such as studying or working in Kenya, it is necessary to obtain a traditional visa via a Kenya embassy in Russia .
Kenya visa types for Russian citizens:
Consider the length of your trip and whether you want to visit other countries while you're here before selecting the best e-Visa for you. There are four e-Visa types:
Kenya transit e-visa: You're only in Kenya for a few days and want to learn about the local culture? The Transit e-Visa may be ideal for you. Citizens of Russia can stay in Kenya for up to 03 days with this e-Visa.
It's important to note that if you don't have a visa, you won't be able to leave the airport. If you have a connecting flight in Kenya and have a long layover, why not explore our beautiful country and experience Kenya's culture, food, and scenery? With the e-Visa, we've made it simple.
Kenya tourist e-visa: This visa allows Russian citizens to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days. It is possible to apply for the e-visa to Kenya for purposes of sightseeing, cultural activities, visiting family and friends.
Kenya business e-visa: This visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within Kenya for business purposes. The maximum stay in India with the business e-Visa is 90 days in Total and it grants you a single entry.
East African e-visa: If you want to see as much of East Africa as possible, this is the E-Visa to get. With the East Africa E-Visa, you can see Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. Russian travelers can use this visa for multiple entries to Kenya, and it lets you stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Russian citizens:
There are several prerequisites for applying for a Kenya visa for Russian citizens. Kenya visa requirements include:
- A valid Russian Passport. The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Kenya. It should also have at least two (2) blank pages in case immigration officials require a stamp upon entry into the country.
- Digital photo: The online Kenya Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format)
- A current email address to receive notifications regarding the Kenya e-visa application.
- Details of the travel itinerary. Travelers are frequently asked for information such as where they will stay in Kenya, details about planned trips, and flight tickets. Border officials may need to cross-reference this with the reasons stated on the e-Visa for entering the country.
- Onward travel details. Officials will want to look into where travelers are going next, including proof of a ticket to the next destination, whether it's back to Russia or to another country.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Kenya is once again open to international travel and tourists can apply for a visa online. Russian travelers over the age of 18 must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated, or a recovery certificate. All Russian visitors must also fill out a Kenya Travelers Health Surveillance Form online before leaving in order to obtain the QR code required to enter the country. Travelers are subjected to medical screening upon arrival, as well as an antigen test and quarantine.
All applicants must ensure that the validity of their Russian passport is sufficient for their trip to Kenya. Otherwise, they must renew their passports before proceeding with the application. Furthermore, dual nationals must travel to Kenya using the same passport that was used to apply for a visa online.
Russian students using an e-visa for academic purposes, as well as Russian citizens staying with family in the country, will be required to submit a visa invitation letter in order to enter Kenya.
3.How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Russia:
Russian travelers who have access to a stable internet connection and an electronic device such as a phone, tablet, or computer can complete the Kenya e-visa application online in just a few minutes.
Russian travelers can access the application form from anywhere in the world 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Applicants must provide essential personal and Russian passport information, such as:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Russian applicants must pay the Kenya e-Visa fee once they confirm that the information provided in the form is correct. Payment is made using a bank card through a secure online system.
The Kenya e-visa for Russian citizens is emailed to the applicant's email address listed on the application form. Candidates should print a copy of their e-Visa so that they can show it to Kenyan immigration officials at the border crossing if asked.
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
Kenya e-visa processing time for Russian nationals:
Kenya e-visas are typically processed immediately after the application is submitted. Delays can occur as a result of, for example, errors and omissions in the application form, high demand, or national holidays. In the event that a mistake is made on the form, Russian applicants must begin a new application process and provide the correct information.
This is why, even though the Kenya e-visa processing time is normally short, Russian nationals are strongly advised to begin the application process at least 72 hours before travel.
4. Kenya visa fees for Russian citizens:
To apply for a Kenya visa online from Russia, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance.
Kenya e-visa fees are paid securely online using a debit or credit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
The Kenya e-visa fees are determined by two factors: the length of the process and the service fee. Fortunately, we have three excellent options that will suit the needs of all customers:
- Normal: The cheapest option when you have a small budget. When you pick this option, your Kenya e-visa will arrive through email in at least 3 Business Days.
- Urgent: This option will shorten the application processing time by one day. Your application will be done within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: If you have an emergency and need to be on a plane to Kenya as soon as possible, this is the best method for you. Your application will be processed within 05 business hours.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic