Kenya visa requirements for Macanese citizens
Travelers are likely to mention Kenya if you ask them to name an African country. In addition to its tourist-friendly infrastructure, exciting safari expeditions, and bustling cities, this emerging country is one of the most visited in Africa. Explore the streets of Nairobi, see the flamingos at Lake Nakuru, and climb Mt Kenya while you see the Big Five up close.
However, it is important to note that most travelers, including Macanese citizens, require a visa before they can enter Kenya legally.
Getting a Kenya visa from Macau is fast, easy, and takes less than an hour. The method of obtaining a Kenya visa for Macanese citizens is straightforward and can be done online.
Kenya e-visa for Macanese citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Macanese citizens
Macanese citizens are able to take advantage of the Kenya e-Visa, which is an electronic travel authorization for tourists looking to visit the transcontinental country without any hassle.
Citizens from over 150 countries are entitled to get one, and Macanese nationals are among that selected group.
Macanese citizens can apply for a Kenya e-Visa from the comfort of their own homes by using any electronic device such as a smartphone, computer, or tablet to access the online system. Before beginning the application process, all they need is an internet connection and some personal information.
The Kenya e-visa for Macanese citizens was introduced in order to expedite the visa application process and allow travelers to gain faster access to the country.
The Kenya electronic e-visa allows for a maximum stay of 90 days in the country for business, tourism, medical care, and visiting friends or relatives, and is available as a single-entry visa via online application.
Those traveling to the country for purposes other than tourism or wishing to spend longer periods are required to apply for one of the other Kenyan visa types for Macanese citizens from a Kenya embassy in Macau
Type of Kenya e-visas:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: Get the Tourist e-Visa to maximize your time in Kenya. This option allows Macanese visitors plenty of time in Kenya to do whatever they want, from sightseeing to visiting friends and family. Tourist e-Visas are single-entry visas, allowing Macanese citizens to remain in Kenya for 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya business e-visa: This is an official document that permits entry into Kenya and travels within the country for business purposes. A single entry eVisa for Kenya allows a stay of 90 days after entry
- Kenya transit e-visa: If a short trip is all you want, or all you have time for, the Transit e-Visa can make it a great one. While waiting for their next flight, Macanese travelers may spend up to 03 days in Kenya sampling the local culture.
- East Africa e-visa: When applying, select the East African e-Visa for a more in-depth and varied experience in East Africa. You will have the same amount of time as a Tourist e-Visa, but you will also be able to visit Rwanda and Uganda as many times as you like while you are there. With this visa, you can visit three countries and stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya eVisa requirements for Macanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa requirements for Macanese citizens
Although the Kenyan e-visa was designed with simplicity in mind, there are still a number of requirements that each Macau passport holder must have in order to complete their application. Below is a list of requirements that needs meeting to obtain the Kenya e visa for Macanese citizens:
- Valid passport – Macanese citizens traveling to almost anywhere, including Kenya, must have a passport. It is relatively simple to obtain a passport. All you have to do is move into your country's issuing authority. If you already have a passport, make sure it is up to date. It must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya. There must be at least 02 blank pages in the passport. This is so that the border officials have sufficient space to stamp the visa holder’s passport on arrival.
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport.
- A recent color digitized photograph: It must be clear, in color, and taken against a white background. The applicant's entire head and shoulders must be visible, with a neutral expression.
- A return ticket to Macau or proof of subsequent travel from Kenya: Immigration officers may request to see a return ticket (or onward travel ticket) to ensure that the traveler does not overstay their visa.
- A hotel/ accommodation booking.
- A valid e-mail address is required for applicants to receive status updates on their Kenya electronic visa application and eventual approval.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): To apply for this type of e-Visa, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
When travelers from Macau receive their approved E-Visa confirmation in their email inbox, they must print a copy to present to Kenyan border authorities alongside the same passport they used to apply online.
3. How to get a Kenya online visa for Macanese citizens:
Macanese passport holders can get a Kenya e-Visa by following a few simple steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-Visa application form
Step 2: Pay for the e-Visa processing fee
Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya online visa
The Kenya visa application form for Macanese citizens is simple and easy to fill out. Applicants must complete the online form with their personal, passport, and travel information:
- Personal data (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, nationality, etc.)
- Travel information (date of arrival/ departure).
Before submitting the form, applicants should carefully review the application to ensure that all of the information is correct. This is because any information that does not match the details of their travel document, even minor errors, is likely to result in processing delays or even e-visa refusal.
Those with an approved online Kenya visa for Macanese citizens can use the printed copy to enter Kenya through any port of entry, whether by land, sea, or air.
How to get a Kenya e-visa for Macanese citizens
How long does it take to get a Kenya e-visa for Macanese citizens?
When a Macanese citizen applies for an e-visa, they can expect to hear back within 03 days about the status of their application. It may take longer depending on whether the application requires additional processing.
It is preferable to apply for a Kenya online visa well ahead of time so that you are not inconvenienced in the unlikely event of a delay.
4. Kenya e visa fees for Macanese citizens:
One of the most common concerns about electronic visas is the Kenya e-visa fees.
Kenya Immigration Services provides its services at competitive prices for Macanese citizens, which is why it has thousands of satisfied customers. Applicants have three options when it comes to processing time. Keep in mind that each processing time has its price, and the faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay. Here is what you can choose from:
- Normal: this is the cheapest and most popular choice. As for how long you need to wait for your application to be processed, it takes 72 hours to get your Kenya e-visa.
- Urgent: this choice is a lot faster than the first. You will get your Kenya e-visa in just 24 hours. As you can expect, you need to pay more for this service.
- Super urgent: This choice is the fastest option we provide. Your application will be processed in 05 hours.
To apply for a Kenya visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.