Kenya visa requirements for Chinese citizens
Kenya is an ideal destination for any type of traveler: adventurers will enjoy climbing Africa's second-highest mountain, Mt Kenya; foodies will enjoy strolling through one of Nairobi's many markets or cafés, and those looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience can go on a wildlife safari through the plains of Samburu National Reserve.
If you've always wanted to visit Kenya, now is the time. It is now easier than ever to obtain a visa to visit Kenya, thanks to a recent initiative by the Kenyan government. Eligible Chinese citizens can obtain the necessary travel authorization to Kenya via an online platform known as the Kenya e-Visa, the electronic visa system for travel to Kenya.
Do you want to know how to apply for the Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens? What are Kenya e-visa requirements for Chinese citizens? This article will give you all the information you need to know.
1. Kenya e-visa for Chinese citizens:
Kenya e-visa is a digital or electronic visa that is completely processed virtually. One applies for a visa online and receives it online as well.
The Kenya e-Visa is mandatory for Chinese nationals planning to visit Kenya for the purposes of tourism, business, medical reasons or to visit friends and relatives.
The Kenya e-visa for Chinese citizens is a single entry visa and valid for 90 days after being issued. If you want to visit Kenya again, you'll have to apply again because the e-Visa you received previously has already been used.
This visa is issued quickly, and travelers can even apply for an e-visa a few days before their trip.
However, it is recommended that travelers apply for a visa ahead of time to ensure they have enough time.
To obtain a visa for purposes other than tourism, Chinese travelers will be required to apply for a visa from a Kenya visa in China
Type of Kenya visas for Chinese citizens:
Depending on what your travel plans are, you might choose either a transit e-visa, a tourist e-visa, a business e-visa, or an East Africa e-visa:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: This type of e-visa allows you to stay in Kenya within 90 days from your time of arrival, and it allows for one entry into Kenya.
- Kenya transit visa: is required for individuals with connected flights from Kenya to other locations, as long as the duration does not exceed 72 hours. This visa type is valid within 90 days from the issuing date.
- East Africa E-Visa: If you want to really explore East Africa, this is the suitable E-Visa type for you. The East Africa E-Visa allows you visit to Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya as much as you’d like within the 90 days of your total staying time, starting from the date of your first arrival with multiple-entry between those countries.
- Kenya business visa: You can apply for a Kenya business e-Visa if you are visiting Kenya to do business-related activities. This is an online, single-entry visa that permits you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival
2. Kenya visa requirements for Chinese citizens:
A set of requirements is required, as with any e-visa process. We recommend that you take your time and go through each item one at a time. To ensure a successful application process, it is critical to first gather the requirements and then proceed to the application form. You will only require the following items:
- Valid passport: Without a valid passport, you cannot apply for a Kenya e-visa online. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya has 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamps
- A scan of the information page of your passport: you'll need to upload it during the application process.
- A color passport-style photo of the Chinese applicants.
- Flight ticket (compulsory for Transit and East Africa): to apply for any of these e-visa types, you need to show your flight bookings to verify your starting point: to get an East Africa e-visa, your starting point must be Kenya, and for transit e-visa, you need to show your transit ticket through Kenya within 03 days.
- Business documents (required for business e-visa): the following list contains what you need to provide if you want to apply for a Kenya business e-visa: an invitation letter from your business partners in Kenya, your company COI, and your staff ID/business card.
- Proof of accommodation: if any.
- E-mail address: You will receive the Kenya e-Visa via e-mail in PDF format in your email address
Once Chinese applicants have gathered the required documents mentioned above and met the Kenya visa requirements for Chinese citizens, they are ready to take the next step and apply for a Kenya visa online
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from China:
The final step in obtaining a Kenya visa for Chinese citizens is filling out the online application.
Chinese travelers can apply for a Kenya visa online in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan visa application form for Chinese citizens
- Step 2: Pay Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
It is recommended that applicants double-check all the information they have entered in their Kenya electronic visa application forms before submitting them to ensure that there are no typos, errors, or inconsistencies.
Mistakes and incorrect data can cause delays in the processing of the application or even the denial of Kenyan e-visa. If this occurs, a new application must be created from the ground up.
Once the application is submitted, the system will process the applicant’s details. The process for applying for a Kenya is simple and fast, with visas being released within one to three business days from the day of online application. However, most visas are approved within 24 hours if all information provided is correct.
Once approved, the Kenya e-visa is sent to the traveler via email. It must then be downloaded and printed.
4. Kenya e-visa fees for Chinese citizens:
The Kenya visa fee depends only on the type of visa you have chosen, regardless of your nationality.
To apply for a Kenya visa online from China, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee.
The Kenyan e-Visa government fee is the total amount paid by the applicant to the Kenya Immigration Department for the processing of their electronic visa. This fee will be required of all travelers who need to apply for a travel authorization.
Service fee is the amount that travelers have to pay in advance for service during a Kenya e-visa processing. The amount of money you will spend on your Kenya e-Visa services depends on the processing time option you decide when applying for a Kenya visa online. We give three options for you:
- Normal: your visa will be ready within 3 business days.
- Urgent: your visa will be ready within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: if you want to get your document, this is the best option. Your visa application is processed within 5 business hours.
Payments of method: You will need a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account in order to pay for your Kenyan visa fee.
In addition, Kenya Immigration services also provide other package services to assist Chinese while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Kenya eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya