Kenya e-visa requirements for Swedish citizens
Swedish passport holders are planning a trip to Kenya now have a much easier time obtaining the necessary travel documents. Kenyan authorities have implemented a new online visa, or e-visa, in response to years of demand from international travelers, making the process of obtaining permission to visit Kenya much easier.
Kenya has long been considered one of the most desirable East African destinations due to its vast national parks ideal for safari excursions, multicultural society, and long stretches of golden beaches. Swedish citizens can now plan their trip to Kenya quickly and easily thanks to this new e-visa.
Kenya e-visa for Swedish citizens is regarded as a significant improvement over previous visa application methods for Swedish passport holders. Travelers can obtain a visa from the comfort of their own homes thanks to the online system.
Swedish citizens wishing to apply must follow the Kenya e-visa requirements for Swedish citizens.
1. Kenya e-visa for Swedish citizens:
Kenya e-visa for Swedish citizens is an electronic document that proves travelers have been granted permission to enter the country.
This online visa application is quick, easy, and straightforward, making travel more convenient for Swedish citizens.
Electronic visa for Kenya is a Single Entry authorization for a maximum of 90 days in Total within 90 days after being issued.
Swedish travelers can use the Kenya online visa to enter the country for tourist, business, and medical treatment. in the country.
If you are visiting Kenya for another reason, such as study or relocation, you must go to your nearest Kenyan embassy or consulate, such as the Kenyan Embassy in Stockholm
Type of Kenya e-visas for Swedish citizens:
When you arrive in Kenya as a Swedish citizen, you will need an e-visa, whether you are visiting family or friends.
There are four levels of E-Visas to consider before applying for a Kenya visa online
- Kenya transit visa: used when you need to transit through Kenya territory, not recommended for trips. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Kenya for less than 72 hours.
- Kenya tourist visa: this e-visa type is released for tourism purposes. In case you use this visa type, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days with single-entry only.
- Kenya business visa: released for business purposes. In case you need to enter Kenya for doing business, this type of e-visa is suitable for you. With this e-visa type, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry only.
- East Africa e-visa: is an electronic travel authorization document that allows Swedish travelers to enter Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in these 03 countries for up to 90 days with multiple entry between 03 countries above.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Swedish citizens:
In order to submit an online visa application form, you must first meet the Kenya visa requirements.
Kenya e-visa requirements for Swedish citizens will oblige the applicant to have:
- Valid Passport - Scan the cover and details page. Make sure your passport has a minimum validity of 06 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya and At least one blank page in the passport for the visa for stamping.
- Having a working email address. This is required for receiving visa confirmations and notifications, as well as visa approval.
- a portrait photo of yourself in any version.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket: your flight document will be required to prove you enter the right port and will not overstay Kenya for any reason.
- Business documents: you will be asked to provide the following documents related to your business: the invitation letter from your business partners, your company’s COI, your staff ID/business card.
Additional documentation, including return flight tickets and proof of sufficient funds to cover the period of the stay, could well be requested during an e-visa application, though this has not been confirmed.
To gain entry into Kenya, travelers are expected to be required to present a printout of the approved e-visa along with their passport.
It is also expected that e-visa holders arriving from a Yellow Fever-affected country will be required to present a valid certificate of vaccination at border control, or a vaccine will be required at the traveler's expense.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Sweden:
According to Kenya's visa policy, you must apply for a Kenya e-visa before visiting the country as a Swedish national.
The application for a Kenya e-visa is completed entirely online. The form is simple to complete and only takes a few minutes.
Swedish citizens can apply for a Kenya visa online in 3 simple steps
- Step 1: Complete the Kenya e-Visa application form for Swedish citizens
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya visa processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya e-visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
Swedish citizens should double-check that their answers are correct and that the information they provide matches the information on their passports. Any mistakes or spelling errors may cause the evaluation process to be delayed or even result in the rejection of their application.
Your Kenya e-Visa application is typically processed within 24 hours of submission.
After receiving the approved online visa via email, travelers from Sweden must print it out. They should bring this copy to Kenya with them to present upon arrival.
4. Kenya visa fees for Swedish citizens:
Kenya visa fees depend on the type of visa, not upon your nationality. Swedish citizens have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee
Kenya service fees are determined by the number of people covered by your application and the urgency with which you require the visa.
For the cost of your e-Visa you will have three alternatives depending on the processing time you need:
- Normal: This is the least expensive option available to you. Your Kenya visa will be delivered to you within 3 business days.
- Urgent: You can select this option for faster processing and have your application processed within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: If you need your e-visa as soon as possible, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 05 business hours.
Payment method: you can pay the Kenya visa fee by your Credit/Debit Card, Visa, American, Paypal or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account Bank in Hong Kong (Payment Guidelines)