Check Kenya visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
We are sure you are looking forward to your next trip to the African continent if you’re reading this article! As a result, we want to recommend Kenya as a fantastic vacation destination. Kenya is an excellent destination for wildlife enthusiasts. Take a safari in the Amboseli National Reserve and explore this one-of-a-kind location. Mount Kilimanjaro, one of Africa's most impressive mountains, can also be seen. We are ready to help you with your travel documents.
Citizens of Sri Lanka must obtain a Kenya visa if they are traveling to Kenya. kenyaimmigration.org has the simplicity, speed, and security to help you travel to Kenya without any issues.
We have displayed all the information about the Kenya visa for Sri Lankan passports in the following lines.
1. Kenya visa for Sri Lankan passports:
Kenyan e-Visa for Sri Lankan passports is one type of visa that allows Sri Lankans to enter the country just like a regular one, but with an electronic system, which is a lot easier to get.
Electronic visas eliminate the need to visit a consulate or embassy in person. Kenya e-Visa can be easily applied for and obtained using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Kenya e-visa is an electronic visa for travelers arriving in the country from more than 140 countries, including Sri Lanka, across the world.
Getting a Kenya e-visa for Sri Lankans through the automated system is quick and easy.
Kenya e-Visa for tourism is a single entry visa that can be valid for 90 days. However, Kenya e-visa is a Single Entry. Meaning, you can only enter one time.
Citizens traveling to Kenya for other purposes such as to work are required to contact a Kenya embassy in Sri Lanka
Types of visas in Kenya:
There are four types of Kenya e-Visas available to Sri Lankan:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you plan to stay in Kenya for more than a few days, the Tourist E-Visa is a great option. Sri Lankan visitors can use this E-Visa to relax, visit friends and family in Kenya, or simply explore the sights. When you arrive in Kenya, you'll have plenty of time to see everything this beautiful country has to offer. The Tourist E-Visa allows you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival with single entry.
- Transit e-visa: this type of e-visa is used when you need to transit through Kenya territory. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Kenya within 72 hours from the time of your arrival.
- Business e-visa: this e-visa type is used when you need to enter Kenya for business purposes. When using a business e-visa, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry.
- East Africa Tourist e-visa: this is a deluxe type of e-visa that helps you enter 03 countries in total: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda. By using this type of e-visa, you can stay in those countries for up to 90 days with multiple entries between 03 nations.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens:
Those planning to apply for a Kenya e-Visa should first review the travel conditions for Sri Lankan citizens before beginning the application process. They will learn which countries they can visit with an online visa and how to apply properly.
Kenya visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens include the following:
- A legal passport issued by the Sri Lankan government that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page for verification markings.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical information page and a portrait photo of yourself.
- An email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket (for transit and East Africa e-visa): you will be required to provide your flight document in general as evidence to prove you will not overstay Kenya for any other reason.
Before beginning their e-Visa application, Sri Lankan citizens must consider the validity of their passports. If their passport expires within 6 months of their arrival date in Kenya, we recommend that they renew their passport first.
Because the entire application process is completed online, we recommend submitting the e-Visa with an accessible email address and ensuring that the digital images required are of readable quality. They should also ensure that the bank card they intend to use for payment is set up for online payments.
Sri Lankans planning a family trip to Kenya should be aware that they can include their dependents (spouse, children, or relatives over 60) in a joint e-visa form. They will be required to submit additional documentation, such as marriage and birth certificates.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Sri Lanka:
Kenyan online visa application for Sri Lankan passports is a quick and easy process. The e-Visa application is offered to passport holders from all countries as long as the requirements are met.
Sri Lankan passport holders can get a Kenya visa online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-Visa application form
- Step 2: Review and confirm payment of visa fees
- Step 3: Print out Kenya e-visa for Sri Lankan passports
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
It's critical to double-check all the information on your Kenya visa application form, as inaccuracies or errors can result in the delay or rejection of your electronic tourist visa to Kenya
After everything has been submitted and the payment has been received, the application will be reviewed by the appropriate authorities. After being cleared by security, Kenyan e-Visa is emailed to the provided email address in PDF format.
Kenya Visa Processing Time From Sri Lanka
When submitted online, the Kenya visa from Sri Lanka is frequently delivered within 24 hours. As a result, the e-Visa is the preferred method of obtaining a tourist visa.
However, the visa may take a little longer to approve on occasion. In these cases, the visa will be approved and delivered within three business days.
As a result, applicants should plan their trip so that each visa can be approved and delivered. Kenya e-visa for Sri Lankan will be emailed to you as a PDF.
4. Kenya visa fees for Sri Lankan:
Kenya e-Visa fee depends on the type of visa that Sri Lankan applicants apply for electronic visa. The fees of an electronic visa are generally lower than a traditional embassy visa. Sri Lankan passport holders pay the Kenya e-Visa fees securely online using a debit or credit card, Visa, American Express, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
To apply for a Kenya visa online from Sri Lanka, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance.
In addition, we give you three options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Normal: you will receive a basic service that can help you get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: a higher state of service that can help you get your e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: this is the highest priority for you. With this type of service, you will receive your e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing your suitable type of service, you will pay your total fee in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.