Check Kenya visa requirements for Indonesian
Kenya welcomes over 2 million international visitors each year. Among this group are several Indonesian citizens who can travel with an electronic visa, which is one of the simplest and most convenient ways to enter Kenyan territory.
This electronic travel authorization system for visiting Kenya, commonly referred to as the Kenyan e-Visa, is available to more than 160 eligible countries, including Indonesia, which means that their nationals do not need to apply for a visa through immigration offices, embassies, or consulates.
All eligible Indonesian travelers must do is meet certain conditions and prerequisites before completing an online form and paying a small processing fee.
Read on to learn about the Kenya e-Visa for Indonesian, as well as the entry requirements, and application process.
1. Kenya e-visa for Indonesians:
Indonesia is one of the nationalities that are part of the eligible group of countries that can apply for an online Kenyan e-visa
The Kenya e-visa, introduced in 2015, is a type of electronic visa that allows you to travel to Kenya. It allows Indonesian to travel to the Republic of Kenya for short-term stays for tourism, business, and medical purposes.
The Kenya e-visa for Indonesians allows a maximum stay of 90 consecutive days in the country. Indonesian travelers can use the e-visa for a single entry to Kenya.
Travelers from Indonesia who wish to visit the country for other reasons will need to contact at Kenya Embassy in Indonesia
Kenya visa types for Indonesian:
Before you get your Kenya e-visa, decide how long you want to spend in Kenya, and then apply for the one that fits your itinerary.
There are 4 main types of visas for Indonesians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya transit e-visa: If you’re only in transit in Kenya, you can apply for this visa. It allows you to stay in Kenya within 03 days and allows a single entry.
- Kenya tourist visa: This visa is available if you’re traveling for tourism. With this e-visa type, you can stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days.
- Kenya business visa: This visa is available if you’re entering for business purposes. This e-visa type allows you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days, and it provides a single entry to Uganda.
- Kenya East Africa Visa: This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism. This visa allows you to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days, and it allows multiple entries to Kenya and 02 countries remaining.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Indonesian citizens:
The application process for a Kenya electronic online visa from Indonesia is simple and straightforward. Specific information and documents are required when submitting, so it's a good idea to have the following on hand before starting the application process:
- An Indonesian passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of travel, and at least one blank page to allow border officials to add a stamp if necessary.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page and a portrait photo of yourself in any version as proof of identity.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket (for transit and East Africa e-visa): you will be asked to provide your flight bookings confirmation if you want to apply for these 02 types of e-visa.
- Business-related documents: you need the following documents to apply for a Kenya business e-visa: the invitation letter from your business partner in Kenya, COI provided by your company, your business/Staff card.
- A valid email address to receive your e-visa result.
It is recommended that Indonesian travelers carefully review the Kenya entry requirements before beginning the online application, as there are a few different prerequisites depending on the type of online travel permit: some additional conditions are required when applying for a business visa to Kenya or a travel permit to visit family.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Indonesia:
After a thorough review of the online visa requirements, Indonesian travelers who wish to apply for this travel permit should continue to fill out and submit their Kenya e-visa application form. The form is quick and straightforward to complete.
Indonesian passport holders can get a Kenya e-visa for Indonesian in 3 steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-Visa form
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya e-visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya online visa
When filling out the online form, make sure the information you enter is correct and matches the information on your passport.
Missing or incorrect information can cause delays or even application rejection. As a result, applicants from Indonesia should double-check their answers on the Kenya e-visa application form before submitting it.
The approval of Kenya's e-visa can take up to 2-3 days, but applicants from Indonesia should allow for more time due to the possibility of unexpectedly busy periods. In most cases, the processing time is so short that applicants do not need to check the Kenyan e-visa status; however, this is possible.
Once approved, the electronic visa to Kenya will be sent to the Indonesian applicant's email address, at which point travelers should print a copy of the visa to bring with them to Kenya. When entering the country, border officials may ask to see it.
4. Kenya visa fees for Indonesian nationals:
The Kenya visa fees depend on the Visa type. Applicants pay the Kenya e-visa fees securely online using a debit or credit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal. To apply for a Kenya visa online from Indonesia, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Travel Insurance. Kenya travel insurance is a customized health insurance policy that provides coverage for expenses incurred as a result of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
For the application for a Kenya e-visa, you can choose from the three customized options for the processing fee
- Normal: this is a basic service that can help you get your document in 03 Business Days
- Urgent: You receive your Kenya visa within 24 hours by using this type of service.
- Super Urgent: in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, you can select this option, and your e-visa will be done within 5 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transfer).