Check Kenya eTA requirements for Indonesian citizens in 2024
Kenya welcomes over 2 million international visitors each year. Among this group are several Indonesian citizens who can travel with an electronic eTA, which is one of the simplest and most convenient ways to enter Kenyan territory.
This electronic travel authorization system for visiting Kenya, commonly referred to as the Kenyan eTA, is available to more than 160 eligible countries, including Indonesia, which means that their nationals do not need to apply for an eTA through immigration offices, embassies, or consulates.
All eligible Indonesian travelers must do is meet certain conditions and prerequisites before completing an online form and paying a small processing fee.
Read on to learn about the Kenya eTA for Indonesian citizens, as well as the entry requirements, and application process.
1. Kenya eTA for Indonesians:
Indonesia is one of the nationalities that are part of the eligible group of countries that can apply for an online Kenyan eTA
Most persons coming to Kenya (including visa-free nationalities) must apply for entrance authorization using the new Electronic arrival Authorization (eTA) site prior to arrival, and an entry visa is no longer necessary. Individuals must apply for entrance authorization using the eTA site and pay the application fee at least three days before travelling. This requirement also applies to visa-free nationalities and minors under the age of 16, who were previously exempt from the need to obtain an entrance visa.
The Kenya eTA, introduced in 2024, is a type of electronic eTA that allows you to travel to Kenya. It allows Indonesian to travel to the Republic of Kenya for short-term stays for tourism, business, and medical purposes.
The Kenya eTA for Indonesians allows a maximum stay of 90 consecutive days in the country. Indonesian travelers can use the eTA for a single entry to Kenya.
Travelers from Indonesia who wish to visit the country for other reasons will need to contact at Kenya Embassy in Indonesia
Kenya eTA types for Indonesian:
Before you get your Kenya eTA, decide how long you want to spend in Kenya, and then apply for the one that fits your itinerary.
There are 3 main types of eTA for Indonesians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya transit eTA: If you’re only in transit in Kenya, you can apply for this eTA. It allows you to stay in Kenya within 03 days and allows a single entry.
- Kenya tourist eTA: This eTA is available if you’re traveling for tourism. With this eTA type, you can stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days.
- Kenya business eTA: This eTA is available if you’re entering for business purposes. This eTA type allows you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days, and it provides a single entry to Uganda.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Indonesian citizens:
The application process for a Kenya electronic online eTA from Indonesia is simple and straightforward. Specific information and documents are required when submitting, so it's a good idea to have the following on hand before starting the application process:
- An Indonesian passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of travel, and at least one blank page to allow border officials to add a stamp if necessary.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page and a portrait photo of yourself in any version as proof of identity.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket (for transit and East Africa eTA): you will be asked to provide your flight bookings confirmation if you want to apply for these 02 types of eTA.
- Business-related documents: you need the following documents to apply for a Kenya business eTA: the invitation letter from your business partner in Kenya, COI provided by your company, your business/Staff card.
- A valid email address to receive your eTA result.
It is recommended that Indonesian travelers carefully review the Kenya entry requirements before beginning the online application, as there are a few different prerequisites depending on the type of online travel permit: some additional conditions are required when applying for a business eTA to Kenya or a travel permit to visit family.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA from Indonesia:
After a thorough review of the online eTA requirements, Indonesian travelers who wish to apply for this travel permit should continue to fill out and submit their Kenya eTA application form. The form is quick and straightforward to complete.
Indonesian passport holders can get a Kenya eTA for Indonesian in 3 steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya eTA form
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get a Kenya online eTA
When filling out the online form, make sure the information you enter is correct and matches the information on your passport.
Missing or incorrect information can cause delays or even application rejection. As a result, applicants from Indonesia should double-check their answers on the Kenya eTA application form before submitting it.
The approval of Kenya's eTA can take up to 2-3 days, but applicants from Indonesia should allow for more time due to the possibility of unexpectedly busy periods. In most cases, the processing time is so short that applicants do not need to check the Kenyan eTA status; however, this is possible.
Once approved, the electronic eTA to Kenya will be sent to the Indonesian applicant's email address, at which point travelers should print a copy of the eTA to bring with them to Kenya. When entering the country, border officials may ask to see it.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Indonesian nationals:
The Kenya eTA fees depend on the eTA type. Applicants pay the Kenya eTA fees securely online using a debit or credit card, eTA, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal. To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Indonesia, you have to pay two (02) kinds of eTA Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Travel Insurance. Kenya travel insurance is a customized health insurance policy that provides coverage for expenses incurred as a result of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
For the application for a Kenya eTA, you can choose from the three customized options for the processing fee
- Normal: this is a basic service that can help you get your document in 03 Business Days
- Urgent: You receive your Kenya eTA within 24 hours by using this type of service.
- Super Urgent: in case you need your eTA as fast as possible, you can select this option, and your eTA will be done within 5 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transfer).