Kenya visa requirements for UAE residents - Fees and Services
Citizens of the United Arab Emirates, like most other nationalities, can visit Kenya without having to apply for a visa at the embassy. You can instead apply for a Kenya visa online from the United Arab Emirates before entering this country.
Obtaining a Kenya visa for UAE residents is now quick and simple thanks to the electronic system. Citizens of UAE can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days with an approved eVisa.
In this article, travelers will find all the necessary information regarding the Kenya visa requirements for UAE residents and how to apply for a visa online.
Kenya visa for UAE citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from the United Arab Emirates?
What is the Kenya e-visa for UAE residents?
A Kenyan e-Visa for UAE residents is a document that allows the UAE travelers to enter Kenya. The Kenya visa online for Emirati passport holders provides UAE residents a quick and easy way to obtain an e-Visa for short trips to Kenya.
The most common is a single-entry visa that allows travelers from the UAE to stay in Kenya for 90 days. The Kenya e-visa is valid for three months after it is issued and can be used to travel to Kenya from the UAE at any time during that time.
UAE residents should apply for a Kenyan eVisa if they want to travel to Kenya for a short period of time for the following reasons:
- Medical care
- Seeing friends or relatives
The type of visa required for Kenya depends on the purpose of their visit.There are 3 main types of Kenya e-visa for UAE residents:
- Kenya Tourist e-Visa: 90 days for Single-Entry
- Kenya Business e-Visa: 90 days for Single-Entry
- Kenya Transit e-Visa: 72 hours for Single-Entry
Recently, the Kenya government and the two neighboring countries being Rwanda and Uganda launched the East Africa e-Visa that allows the holders to travel within these three countries entering multiple times and staying in 90 days.
To stay in Kenya for an extended period of time after entering this country, Nigerians should contact the Local Officer or Local Travel agent at Kenya for information on long-term visa options.
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For UAE Residents
Once started, the online visa application process is quick and easy. It is important to meet all the requirements before obtaining a visa. The Kenya e-visa requirements for UAE residents include:
- A Emirati passport with a validity of at least six months and at least one blank page.
- Payment methods: We accept the following methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.
- Email address: A valid and active email address for responding to visa-related inquiries (if any) as well as the approved e-Visa.
And then, Emirati citizens should make sure that you are ready for these following documents to approve Kenya e-Visa by the government:
- A scan of the information page of your passport – you will need to upload it at some point during the application process.
- Digital photos: All applicants must submit a digital (JPEG or PNG) passport-size photograph.
- A return flight ticket: This informs immigration officers that you do not intend to overstay your eVisa.
- Travel itinerary (for the tourist eVisa applicants) – it doesn’t have to include every detail of your trip's activities. Just the cities you intend to visit.
- Proof of accommodation: this can be a hotel booking from your Kenya host.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for UAE residents
How to apply for a Kenya visa from the UAE?
Kenya e visa is an official online visa system created by the Kenyan government in 2015 to allow people of qualified countries, including the United Arab Emirates, to enter Kenya lawfully.
Although the government does not need UAE candidates to present their papers at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents in order to process your Kenya e visa application. As a result, as UAE citizens seeking for a Kenya eVisa, you need have specific papers ready to travel to ensure a smooth procedure.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for UAE residents online
After you have gathered all of the necessary materials for this application, you can begin filling out the application form. It just takes some minutes to fill out the Kenya visa application form for UAE citizens.
In detail, UAE residents can apply for a Kenya e-visa in 3 steps:
Step 1: The first one requests personal information, passport information, and travel details.
Step 2: This step is in charge of the payment. Remember that we accept a variety of payment methods from which you can choose. This step will also request that you review your form to ensure that it is error-free.
Step 3: Make sure you check your email as soon as possible to receive our guidelines to perfect your application if necessary.
After completing the procedure you will receive your visa by email.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees For UAE Residents
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for UAE residents
Kenya issues various types of visas, each with a different number of allowed entries and the maximum number of days. The Kenya visa fee is solely determined by the type of visa you have chosen, not by your nationality. It makes no difference which country you are from because Kenya has set the same fee for citizens of all eligible countries.
UAE residents have to pay two kinds of Kenya e-visa fees, including Kenya eVisa service fee and Kenya Government fee.
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 03 options of Kenya e visa service for UAE residents depending on your needs.
In most circumstances, UAE nationals will receive a Kenya eVisa approval in a maximum of three business days.
In rare exceptional situations, UAE citizens can obtain this Kenya eVisa in as little as 24 hours.
This is the quickest Kenya visa option accessible, and it is utilized in emergency situations. UAE citizens can obtain a Kenya eVisa in as little as 05 business hours.
Read more: Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for UAE residents
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenyan travel insurance for UAE residents
Although Kenya travel insurance is not required for UAE citizens, it is important advice from the Kenyan government for your trip.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, UAE citizens should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that travel insurance in Kenya is essential for UAE residents to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
Kenya Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates Citizens FAQs
Yes. The ban on all passenger flights from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Kenya was removed in January 2022 by the Kenyan Government. That means travelers from Dubai can now freely travel to Kenya.
Initially, the ban was imposed by the UAE Government over allegations that some Kenya visitors who presented a negative certificate of Covid-19 had tested positive upon their arrival in Dubai. After that, the ban on flights from UAE taken by the Kenyan Government in retaliation for UAE's ban came into effect.
With the removal of the ban on flights, Dubai citizens who love discovering the incredible biodiversity and wildlife on safari tours are welcomed in Kenya. Emiratis must obtain a Kenya visa before traveling to this fascinating country. Fortunately, getting a Kenya eVisa is much simpler for nationals of the United Arab Emirates since the Kenyan Government has launched the new visa system. As a result, applying for a Kenya visa online is the fastest and most convenient way for Emiratis.
The Kenya electronic visa is granted to citizens of eligible countries, including UAE, and used for various purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. Emiratis nationals who wish to enter Kenya for reasons other than tourism must apply for a regular visa at the Kenya Embassy in the United Arab Emirates.
Yes. UAE passport holders who are planning to have a trip to Kenya must obtain a visa before traveling. Instead of queuing at the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa, they can apply for a Kenya eVisa from anywhere using a smart device connected to the Internet.
A Kenyan e-Visa for UAE citizens is a travel permit that enables UAE citizens to enter Kenya. UAE citizens can quickly and easily get an electronic visa for short journeys to Kenya by completing the application form on Kenya Immigration Services website. An electronic visa is granted to Emiratis citizens for many purposes including tourism, business, medical, and transit. The validity is within 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing visa holders a total stay of up to 90 days.
While applying for a Kenya visa from the United Arab Emirates, the applicant must provide some important documents. Therefore, UAE passport holders should check the Kenya visa requirements for UAE residents beforehand to ensure a smooth process. After the application form and the required documents have been submitted, the processing time for visa application is within a maximum of 03 business days. The approved document then will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided in the application form.
Kenya draws visitors from all over the world with its attractiveness, including lovely beaches, rocky mountains, and modern hubs. Applying for a Kenya visa online is the most common way for citizens of the United Arab Emirates to obtain a visa before traveling to this beautiful country.
There are 04 types of Kenya eVisa for UAE residents depending on the purpose of their visit.
- Kenya Tourist eVisa: is issued to Emiratis nationals who require a visa to visit Kenya for tourism-related purposes. This single-entry visa allows citizens of the UAE to remain in the country for up to 90 days from the date of entry.
- Kenya Business eVisa: UAE residents who wish to enter Kenya for a business trip should apply for this type of visa. It is a single entry visa, permitting a total stay of up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya Transit eVisa: This visa is issued to UAE travelers who transit through Kenya en route to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours.
- Kenya East Africa eVisa: This is a joint tourist visa that entitles UAE passport holders to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda simultaneously for tourism reasons, with Kenya being the first destination. UAE visitors can enter 03 countries as many times as they wish and stay there for 90 days.
Yes. UAE visitors are recommended to get travel insurance to Kenya should things go wrong while traveling out of their nation. This insurance not only helps UAE travelers cover their benefits regarding medical, transportation, trip delays, or lost baggage but also raises the chance of visa approval by the Kenyan Government. Especially, in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, travel insurance is more important because it covers Covid-19 medical expenses for travelers.
Travel health plans are designed to assist with medical treatment in Kenya. With the fee of US$ 299 per application, UAE residents can purchase travel insurance from Kenya Immigration Service. We are delighted to be a partner with Trawick Insurance, one of the best travel insurance companies recommended by Forbes. There are some medical coverages for a trip to Kenya that is included in Travel Insurance such as:
- Covid-19 Medical Expenses
- Ancillary Hospital Expenses
- Physicians Visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Ambulance Service Benefits, etc…
UAE travelers with travel insurance that includes coverages for trip interruptions or trip delays may receive reimbursement of up to a $7,5000 policy period.
UAE travelers who intend to engage in high-risk activities like rock climbing or trekking in Kenya are encouraged to purchase Hazardous Sports Travel Insurance as these activities are not covered in the Kenya travel insurance plan.
Yes. Vaccinations are necessary for citizens from the United Arab Emirates who are planning to have a short trip in Kenya. Some certain vaccinations are advised to UAE citizens so that they can stay safe and healthy while traveling to Kenya. In addition, it is essential that travelers from the UAE obtain medical counsel prior to the trip. A physician or other health care provider can make specific suggestions for a suitable vaccination.
- Covid-19 vaccination: Travelers from the UAE need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before traveling to Kenya. All passengers over the age of 18 will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19. UAE visitors who are fully vaccinated do not need to take a PCR test, while it is mandatory for those who are unvaccinated.
- Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Polio, and Typhoid vaccinations travelers should consider. You do not need to worry as long as you conduct adequate research and review the most recent travel guidance and information provided by Kenyan Government before your trip.
The processing time for a Kenya visa is determined by the applicant’s selection in the first step. This step requires UAE nationals to fill in an application form and supply all the necessary information including visa details (number of visa, type of visa, processing time…), and personal data (full name, gender, birthdate, nationality, and passport number).
- Normal: With this option, UAE nationals have to wait 03 business days to obtain their visa to Kenya. Most visa applicants select this option since it is the least expensive.
- Urgent: This option allows UAE residents to get their approved document in only 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: With this third alternative, UAE travelers can expect to get their Kenya e-Visa just within 05 business hours. It is suitable for those applicants who do not have enough time to apply for a Kenya visa by themselves and need a visa service to assist them with this.