Kenya visa requirements for UAE citizens - Fees and Services
Kenya visa for UAE residents: Traveling abroad can be challenging, and each country's e-visa requirements are even more complex. If you are now ready to travel abroad and want to visit a beautiful country like Kenya, you need to keep in mind some important Kenya visa requirements. For travelers from the United Arab Emirates wishing to visit Kenya, it is important to understand some of the country's specific immigration rules and regulations, as Kenya visa requirements for UAE citizens can be a bit cumbersome.
Kenya visa for UAE citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from the United Arab Emirates?
With this article, Kenya Immigration Services will help travelers gain insight into Kenya e visa fees, services, types, and the Kenya e visa requirements for UAE citizens currently available. These insights will enable you to clearly understand how to apply online for a Kenya e visa from the United Arab Emirates as simplest and fastest as possible, so that you can fully enjoy your moment in this beautiful country without having to worry about anything. Let’s see!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For UAE Residents
- The United Arab Emirates is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for UAE passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, UAE citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
UAE residents can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in the United Arab Emirates or consulate nearest.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for UAE residents through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, UAE applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid UAE passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the UAE passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for UAE residents
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For UAE Residents Currently Available
UAE visitors seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several types of Kenya visas available for UAE residents, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for UAE residents, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to UAE residents, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for UAE residents only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when UAEs need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing UAE citizens to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. UAE workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist eVisas allow UAEs traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, UAE tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
UAE residents needing a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulate or embassy of Kenya in the United Arab Emirates.
Apply For A Kenya Visa For UAE Residents Right From Your Home
Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including United Arab Emirates.
Although the Government does not require UAE applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application. Therefore, as UAE residents applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for UAE residents online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- UAE passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of the UAE passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the UAE applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that UAE citizens need to provide. These are listed below:
Kenya Tourist visa requirements
UAE citizens need to provide your travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for UAE residents
Kenya Business visa requirements
Travelers from UAE are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Kenya Transit visa requirements
UAE residents are required to provide a flight ticket (in - out - 3 days) when applying for a Kenya transit visa
Apply Kenya e visa for UAE residents by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as the passport number. UAE applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required
- Step 3: With system tab check Kenya e visa status allows UAE residents to track the status of Kenya e visa application process at any time. UAE applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
UAE residents should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For UAE Residents
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fee for UAE residents is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for UAE residents
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for UAE residents, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa fee and Kenya Government fee.
- In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist UAE residents while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for UAE citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for UAE residents
Kenya e visa services for UAE residents
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 03 options of Kenya e visa service for UAE residents depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, UAE citizens will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, UAE residents can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. UAEs can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for UAE residents here.
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenyan travel insurance for UAE residents
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for UAE residents, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, UAE citizens should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that travel insurance Kenya is essential for UAE residents to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
UAE residents can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in United Arab Emirates
On public holidays in the United Arab Emirates and Kenya, the Kenya embassy's offices in the UAE may be closed.
Kenya embassy/consulate office’s hours in the United Arab Emirates
- From Monday to Friday
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00.
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Address: P. O. Box 3854, Abu Dhabi
- Link the consulate and embassy of Kenya in the United Arab Emirates here.
Note about Kenya e visas for UAE residents
- UAE passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that UAE citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates Citizens FAQs
Yes. The ban on all passenger flights from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Kenya was removed in January 2022 by the Kenyan Government. That means travelers from Dubai can now freely travel to Kenya.
Initially, the ban was imposed by the UAE Government over allegations that some Kenya visitors who presented a negative certificate of Covid-19 had tested positive upon their arrival in Dubai. After that, the ban on flights from UAE taken by the Kenyan Government in retaliation for UAE's ban came into effect.
With the removal of the ban on flights, Dubai citizens who love discovering the incredible biodiversity and wildlife on safari tours are welcomed in Kenya. Emiratis must obtain a Kenya visa before traveling to this fascinating country. Fortunately, getting a Kenya eVisa is much simpler for nationals of the United Arab Emirates since the Kenyan Government has launched the new visa system. As a result, applying for a Kenya visa online is the fastest and most convenient way for Emiratis.
The Kenya electronic visa is granted to citizens of eligible countries, including UAE, and used for various purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. Emiratis nationals who wish to enter Kenya for reasons other than tourism must apply for a regular visa at the Kenya Embassy in the United Arab Emirates.
Yes. UAE passport holders who are planning to have a trip to Kenya must obtain a visa before traveling. Instead of queuing at the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa, they can apply for a Kenya eVisa from anywhere using a smart device connected to the Internet.
A Kenyan e-Visa for UAE citizens is a travel permit that enables UAE citizens to enter Kenya. UAE citizens can quickly and easily get an electronic visa for short journeys to Kenya by completing the application form on Kenya Immigration Services website. An electronic visa is granted to Emiratis citizens for many purposes including tourism, business, medical, and transit. The validity is within 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing visa holders a total stay of up to 90 days.
While applying for a Kenya visa from the United Arab Emirates, the applicant must provide some important documents. Therefore, UAE passport holders should check the Kenya visa requirements for UAE residents beforehand to ensure a smooth process. After the application form and the required documents have been submitted, the processing time for visa application is within a maximum of 03 business days. The approved document then will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided in the application form.
Kenya draws visitors from all over the world with its attractiveness, including lovely beaches, rocky mountains, and modern hubs. Applying for a Kenya visa online is the most common way for citizens of the United Arab Emirates to obtain a visa before traveling to this beautiful country.
There are 04 types of Kenya eVisa for UAE residents depending on the purpose of their visit.
- Kenya Tourist eVisa: is issued to Emiratis nationals who require a visa to visit Kenya for tourism-related purposes. This single-entry visa allows citizens of the UAE to remain in the country for up to 90 days from the date of entry.
- Kenya Business eVisa: UAE residents who wish to enter Kenya for a business trip should apply for this type of visa. It is a single entry visa, permitting a total stay of up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya Transit eVisa: This visa is issued to UAE travelers who transit through Kenya en route to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours.
- Kenya East Africa eVisa: This is a joint tourist visa that entitles UAE passport holders to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda simultaneously for tourism reasons, with Kenya being the first destination. UAE visitors can enter 03 countries as many times as they wish and stay there for 90 days.
Yes. UAE visitors are recommended to get travel insurance to Kenya should things go wrong while traveling out of their nation. This insurance not only helps UAE travelers cover their benefits regarding medical, transportation, trip delays, or lost baggage but also raises the chance of visa approval by the Kenyan Government. Especially, in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, travel insurance is more important because it covers Covid-19 medical expenses for travelers.
Travel health plans are designed to assist with medical treatment in Kenya. With the fee of US$ 299 per application, UAE residents can purchase travel insurance from Kenya Immigration Service. We are delighted to be a partner with Trawick Insurance, one of the best travel insurance companies recommended by Forbes. There are some medical coverages for a trip to Kenya that is included in Travel Insurance such as:
- Covid-19 Medical Expenses
- Ancillary Hospital Expenses
- Physicians Visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Ambulance Service Benefits, etc…
UAE travelers with travel insurance that includes coverages for trip interruptions or trip delays may receive reimbursement of up to a $7,5000 policy period.
UAE travelers who intend to engage in high-risk activities like rock climbing or trekking in Kenya are encouraged to purchase Hazardous Sports Travel Insurance as these activities are not covered in the Kenya travel insurance plan.
Yes. Vaccinations are necessary for citizens from the United Arab Emirates who are planning to have a short trip in Kenya. Some certain vaccinations are advised to UAE citizens so that they can stay safe and healthy while traveling to Kenya. In addition, it is essential that travelers from the UAE obtain medical counsel prior to the trip. A physician or other health care provider can make specific suggestions for a suitable vaccination.
- Covid-19 vaccination: Travelers from the UAE need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before traveling to Kenya. All passengers over the age of 18 will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19. UAE visitors who are fully vaccinated do not need to take a PCR test, while it is mandatory for those who are unvaccinated.
- Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Polio, and Typhoid vaccinations travelers should consider. You do not need to worry as long as you conduct adequate research and review the most recent travel guidance and information provided by Kenyan Government before your trip.
The processing time for a Kenya visa is determined by the applicant’s selection in the first step. This step requires UAE nationals to fill in an application form and supply all the necessary information including visa details (number of visa, type of visa, processing time…), and personal data (full name, gender, birthdate, nationality, and passport number).
- Normal: With this option, UAE nationals have to wait 03 business days to obtain their visa to Kenya. Most visa applicants select this option since it is the least expensive.
- Urgent: This option allows UAE residents to get their approved document in only 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: With this third alternative, UAE travelers can expect to get their Kenya e-Visa just within 05 business hours. It is suitable for those applicants who do not have enough time to apply for a Kenya visa by themselves and need a visa service to assist them with this.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE