Kenya visa requirements for Nigerian citizens - Fees & Services
Kenya visa for Nigerian citizens: Traveling abroad, especially to a beautiful country like Kenya can be quite complicated, and obtaining an e visa from that country is even more complicated. It is easier for Nigerians to travel to Kenya, owing to the specific Kenya visa requirements that currently apply to Nigerian passport holders.
Kenya visa for Nigerian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from Nigeria?
In this article, Kenya Immigration Services will discuss Kenya e visa fees, types and services currently available for Nigerians. Knowing these key details will help you better understand how to apply online for a Kenyan e visa from Nigeria as simplest and fastest as possible, then you can fully enjoy your wonderful time in this beautiful country without worrying too much about the Kenya visa application process anymore. Let’s get started!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Nigerian Citizens
- Nigeria is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for Nigerian passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, Nigerian citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
Nigerian citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in Nigeria or the nearest Consulate.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for Nigerian citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, Nigerian applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid Nigerian passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the Nigerian passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Nigerian Citizens Currently Available
Nigerians seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several different types of Kenya visas available for Nigerian citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for Nigerian citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the issued date and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical, or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to Nigerian citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for Nigerian citizens only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when Nigerians need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing Nigerian travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. Nigerian workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist eVisas allow Nigerians traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, Nigerian tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
Nigerian citizens needing a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulate or embassy of Kenya in Nigeria.
Apply For A Kenya Visa For Nigerian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including Nigeria.
- Although the Government does not require Nigerian applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application.
Therefore, as Nigerian nationals applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for Nigerian citizens online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- Nigerian passport is valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of the Nigerian passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the Nigerian applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that Nigerian travelers need to provide. These are listed below:
Kenya Tourist visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Nigerian travelers need to provide their travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for Nigerian citizens.
Kenya Business visa requirements Nigerian citizens
Nigerians are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for Nigerian residents by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as a passport number. Nigerian applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required
- Step 3: With our system, tab check Kenya e visa status allows Nigerian citizens to track the status of their Kenya e visa application process at any time. Nigerian applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
Nigerian citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e-visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Nigerian Citizens
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fee for Nigerian citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for Nigerian citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for Nigerian citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa fee and the Kenya Government fee.
- More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for Nigerian citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently provide other package services to assist Nigerian citizens while traveling to Kenya, such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya, and Kenya eSim.
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for Nigerian citizens
Kenya e visa services for Nigerian citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 03 options of Kenya e visa services for Nigerian citizens depending on their needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, Nigerian travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, Nigerian citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. Nigerians can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for Nigerian citizens here.
Consider buying Kenyan travel insurance for Nigerian citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for Nigerian citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, Nigerian travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip.
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that Kenya travel insurance is essential for Nigerian citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
Nigerian citizens can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for the necessary Kenya visa at the Kenya embassy in Nigeria
On public holidays in Nigeria and Kenya, the Kenya embassy's offices in Nigeria may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Abuja, Nigeria
- Address: 21 Yedseram Street, Maitama, P.M.B. 5160, Wuse Head Office Abuja, Nigeria.
- Link the consulate and embassy of Kenya in Nigeria here.
Kenya embassy office hours in Nigeria
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya Embassy office in Nigeria is open Monday to Friday.
Note about Kenya e visas for Nigerian citizens
- Nigerian passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that Nigerian citizens need to download and print out their Kenya e visa, then bring it to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens FAQs
No matter why they are visiting Kenya or how long they want to stay, Nigerian citizens must have a valid visa in order to enter Kenya. Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for a Kenya visa online which is a simple and time-saving process.
To make it simpler for all Nigerians to enter Kenya, the Kenyan Immigration Department introduced electronic visas in 2015 that can be obtained online. The online visa serves as a travel authorization that permits a 90-day stay in the country for Nigerian citizens. Holders of a Kenya electronic visa may utilize it for tourism or business purposes. There are 04 types of visas that are available to Nigerians categorized by the purposes of their trips.
- Kenya Tourist eVisa: A single entry into the country and a stay of up to 90 days are allowed to Nigerian nationals with this type of visa.
- Kenya Transit eVisa enables Nigerian travelers to stop by Kenya en route to other destinations and have a short trip of fewer than 03 days.
- Kenya Business eVisa: This visa is issued for Nigerian travelers who plan to attend business conferences, meetings, and other similar events held in Kenya.
- East Africa eVisa is a multiple-entry visa issued for trips to three East African countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya, with Kenya being the first stop. It allows multiple entries into these 03 countries, with a duration of stay up to 90 days in total.
A Kenya eVisa application can be submitted entirely online without visiting an embassy. The procedure of filling out the Kenya visa application form should take no longer than 15 minutes, and it requires only a few simple requirements.
- Normal: Nigerians have to pay a service fee of US$59.00 and get their eVisa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: If they pay an extra US$79.00, Nigerian applicants can obtain a visa for Kenya in 24 hours.
- Super urgent: This processing time frame is available for those who require their visa in 05 hours for an extra US$99.00.
No. Nigerian citizens cannot visit Kenya without a visa. With the electronic visa system, Nigerians do not need to apply for a visa at the Embassy. An eVisa can be easily obtained by completing a 03-step process as long as the applicants meet Kenya eVisa requirements for Nigerian citizens. There are certain documents that must be provided in order to complete the application process:
- A passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya.
- A photo of the applicant. It should be a recent one with a clear face against a white/ plain background.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A flight ticket so that the Kenya Immigration Officials can be sure that Nigerians follow the 03-month validity of their visa.
Renowned for stunning landscapes and biodiversity, Kenya has been an attractive destination for Nigerian travelers. It offers so many tourist attractions that should be put on the bucket list while having a trip to the country. Watamu is an ideal destination for Nigerian tourists to explore the coral reef alive with tropical fish and enjoy the tranquility of stretched white sand beaches. Moving to Nairobi National Park - home to a variety of wildlife, Nigerians will have opportunities to discover the life of endangered animals.
Flight time from Nigeria to Kenya may vary if Nigerian travelers choose different flights.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE