Check Kenya Visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Kenya is a travel destination that should be on everyone's bucket list. Nigerians, like many other nationalities, must apply for the Kenya e-Visa to enter the country. Kenya offers everything a tourist would like, from seductive scenic views to a thriving, vibrant culture. It is a beautiful African nation that you must visit.
Nigerian citizens must have a Visa to enter Kenya. However, It is quick and simple to apply and get approved for a Kenya e-Visa online. If you are a Nigerian citizen, you can now visit Kenya with a simple e-Visa and a few other necessary travel documents.
On this page, travelers from Nigeria will find useful information about the Kenya Visa requirements for Nigerian citizens, the application form and process, and how to apply for a Kenya Visa from Nigeria.
1. Do Nigerian Citizens Need a Visa for Kenya?
In order to visit Kenya, Nigerian citizens must have an approved visa, regardless of their purpose for visiting, or the length of time they intend to stay. But now, thanks to e-Visa, you are now able to obtain a Kenya Visa for Nigerian citizens online to avoid standing in long lines at the Kenya border to apply for a visa or visiting an embassy or consulate in person to complete your application.
A Kenya e-Visa on arrival for Nigerian citizens allows a single/multiple-entry that you can stay for a maximum of 90 days for tourism in the country. To visit Kenya for other reasons, such as business, work, or study, or for longer periods of time, you need to apply for a visa at related local offices or local travel agencies.
Type of e-Visa in Kenya:
The type of visa varies depending on the purpose of the visit or the duration of the visit. Each visa serves different purposes. There are 3 main types of e-visa in Kenya:
- Kenya Tourist e-visa: A visa serving a single entry to the country.This visa allows you to enter Kenya once and stay for 90 days.
- Kenya Business e-visa: This visa is intended for attending business meetings, conferences, and other similar events, and it allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days.
- Kenya Transit e-visa: Nigerians who wish to travel to another country but must stop in Kenya to transit through the country must obtain a transit Visa, valid for 72 hours and is issued at the immigration office of the entry port. This kind of Visa is not valid for tourism, business, or any other purpose other than transition.
Otherwise, East Africa e-visa is a special type of e-visa issued for people including Nigeria citizens who have demands in visiting areas within 3 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. Validation time for this type of e-Visa is 90 days from the date of your entry.
2. Kenya Visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
In order to successfully complete your application for a Kenya e-Visa, you must provide certain documents and information. There are just few online Kenya visa requirements that Nigerian citizens should meet, including:
- A Nigerian passport which must be valid for at least six months and contain at least one blank page in order for the visa to be stamped. A scanned copy of the first page is required.
- 1 passport photo, should be a recent one, visible and clear.
- The petitioner must be accompanied by the children's birth certificates in case you take youngsters with.
- Proof of a hotel reservation, business invitation or else and return tickets will be required in this case as evidence that you will not intend to overstay Kenya for other unofficial purposes.
At the end of the application process, Nigerian citizens will pay the processing fee via PayPal, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Applicants must ensure that the information they enter on the application form is correct and reliable.
3. How to apply for Kenya Visa from Nigeria
Nigerian citizens can apply for a Kenya visa online following the 3-step Kenya e-Visa application as the e-Visa processing is fast and feasible that most Nigerian citizens will receive the approved permit by email in a maximum of 3 business days. The expiry date of your Visa is 3 months from the day you receive an approval and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Our service can help you in most cases, even if you are about to take a flight but do not have a Visa Since we have 3 level of service package for you:
- Normal: for most casual cases. You will receive an approval in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: for special cases, such as sudden business trips because you will receive your e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: for rush cases as mentioned before, if you are about to take a flight but still do not have a Visa, you will still have a chance to enter Kenya. Before COVID-19, there was a Kenya Visa on arrival for Nigerian citizens, which means you just need to take a flight and make paperwork at the point of entry for Visa approval. But now under the severe circumstances of the pandemic, Kenyan government is closing that option for safety. However, this offer still helps you get e-Visa in time because it just takes you a guaranteed maximum of 5 hours to complete the whole process and receive your approval.
See details about how to get Kenya online visa .
4. Kenya visa fees for Nigerian citizens
The e-Visa is one of the most affordable permits due to the quick electronic process as well as a decreased effort in commuting and waiting. Nigerian citizens can pay the visa fee online when the application process is done. The total fee for applying for a Kenya visa from Nigeria is determined by the processing time you choose for your application, and in general there are two main kinds of visa fees: service fee and government fee.
In addition, a small fee for Covid-19 insurance is recommended due to letting your chance of getting approved go higher, and more important is, keep your benefit with you wherever you go.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic