Kenya Visa Requirements for UK citizens - Kenya Immigration
Kenya visa for UK citizens: Traveling abroad can be quite complicated, every country has its own e visa requirements. And travelers who wish to travel to Kenya may find the Kenya visa requirements even more challenging to consider. Specifically, UK passport holders need a Kenya visa when visiting Kenya because of specific rules and regulations in this country. In this article, we will talk about the details of Kenya visa requirements for UK citizens.
Kenya visa for UK citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from the United Kingdom?
Moreover, Kenya Immigration Services will also explain the Kenya e visa fees, services, types, and Kenya e visa requirements for UK citizens currently available and discuss how to apply for an online Kenya e visa from the United Kingdom as simply and quickly as possible. After that, you can fully enjoy your wonderful time in this beautiful country. Let's get started!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For UK Citizens
- The United Kingdom is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for UK passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, UK citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
UK citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in the United Kingdom or consulate nearest.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for UK citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, UK nationals must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- A valid UK passport
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A scan of the biographical page of the UK passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for UK citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For UK Citizens Currently Available
UK residents seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several different types of Kenya visas available for UK citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for UK citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical, or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to UK citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for UK citizens only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when UK travelers need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing UK travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. UK workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist e visas allow UK citizens traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.
With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, UK travelers can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
UK citizens needing a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulate or embassy of Kenya in the UK.
Apply Kenya Visa For UK Citizens Right From Your Home
Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including the United Kingdom.
Although the Government does not require UK applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application.
Therefore, as a UK citizen applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- UK passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of UK passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the UK applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that UK travelers need to provide. These are listed below:
Kenya Tourist visa requirements
UK travelers need to provide their travel itinerary, a hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for UK citizens.
Kenya Business visa requirements
UK workers are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply a Kenya e visa for UK citizens online
Apply Kenya e visa for UK citizens by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as the passport number. UK applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya e visa application process.
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya e visa fees and provide some additional documents as required.
- Step 3: With system tab check Kenya e visa status allows UK citizens to track the status of Kenya e visa application process at any time. UK applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
UK citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For UK Citizens
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fee for UK citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for UK citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for UK citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya service fee and Kenya Government fee.
- In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist UK citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for UK citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
Lean about Kenya e visa fees for UK citizens
Kenya e visa services for UK citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 3 options of Kenya e visa service for UK citizens depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, UK travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, UK citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. UK residents can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours.
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for UK citizens here.
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenya travel insurance for UK citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for UK citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, UK travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that travel insurance Kenya is essential for UK citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
UK citizens can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in United Kingdom
Normally, the Kenya Embassy/consulate office in the Uk is open Monday to Friday.
Consulate of the Republic of Kenya in London, United Kingdom
- Address: 45 Portland Place, London W1B IAS
- Link the consulate and embassy of Kenya in the UK here.
Kenya embassy/consulate office’s hours
- From Monday to Friday
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
On public holidays in the United Kingdom and Kenya, the Kenya embassy's offices in the UK may be closed.
Note about Kenya e visas for UK citizens
- UK passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that UK citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for United Kingdom Citizens FAQs
Yes. In order to enter Kenya legally, UK passport holders (i.e., citizens of the United Kingdom) must have a visa. The reason is that the Kenya Government does not exclude the UK from the visa exemption list.
Thankfully, the evisa makes the procedure of obtaining a visa to Kenya for British passport holders quicker and easier. UK travelers need to submit an online application, wait for 05 to 72 hours while their visa is reviewed and approved, and then check their email to receive their Kenya eVisa.
Depending on the reason why UK citizens want to visit Kenya and the length of their stay in the country, they can apply for a suitable visa. Once the visa application is approved, it is valid for 90 days. UK nationals should consider entering Kenya within the validity period of their visa.
It is too convenient that UK travelers can obtain a Kenya visa online, from anywhere at any time. Within 15 minutes, they can complete the online application form and make the payment for the visa fee. Upon arrival, the valid visa along with their passport shall be presented to the Immigration Officer so that UK citizens can enter Kenya and enjoy what this country has to offer.
In order to obtain a visa to Kenya, UK citizens have to pay two types of fee, including the Government fee and the Service fee. The cost of a Kenya eVisa is cheaper than a regular visa at the Embassy or Consulate.
The Government fee is mandatory for all UK applicants because the UK is not listed on Kenya's visa exemption. This fee is categorized based on the type of visa. The Government fee for a Kenya East Africa Visa is US$ 150.00, and a Tourist Visa and a Business visa are US$ 95.00. UK citizens who want a Kenya Transit visa need to pay US$ 65.00 to the Kenya Immigration Department.
Regarding the Service charge, it is charged based on how fast UK applicants need their visas.
There are 03 types of service with different processing times at Kenya Immigration Services that you can choose:
- Normal: For $59.00, this service ensures your application will arrive within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Pay additionally $79.00, you can expect to receive your Kenya Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: This service costs you an additional $99.00 to process your visa application within 05 business hours.
The online Kenya visa fee can be paid by debit or credit card, American Express, Visa Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer (via the Bank of Cyprus).
Yes. UK citizens can visit Kenya as long as they have a valid visa. In 2020, the Kenya Government temporarily closed its border due to the Covid-19. Until August 2020, the borders were reopened, allowing international travelers to enter Kenya for tourism purposes.
The United Kingdom is one of the largest source markets for Kenya’s tourism. Kenya is renowned for its natural settings, providing tourists the opportunity to go on safari and see wild creatures up close. Therefore, one of the most common reasons for tourists from the UK to visit the nation is to go on safari tours.
If you are a UK citizen planning to have a vacation in Kenya, you must apply for a visa before departing. In 2015, the Kenya Directorate of Immigration Services launched an electronic visa system, allowing citizens of eligible countries to apply for a Kenya visa online. This eliminates the need to visit an Embassy or consulate to apply for a regular visa as before.
Once the visa is issued, the holder can enter Kenya at an entry point with a valid visa and passport. The UK can use an electronic visa to visit Kenya for many different purposes including tourism, business, and transit.
Yes. You can use UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) for entry, transit, and exit from Kenya.
You can cross a maximum of five countries on the way to Kenya using an emergency travel document. If you currently reside in the country from which you are applying, you can typically use it to return there. Your travel details (including destinations and travel date) will be printed on your emergency travel paperwork. If your trip itinerary changes, you must apply for a new emergency travel document once you have one. When departing Kenya, ETD tourists are required to get an exit stamp from the local authorities.
In addition, you can aslo apply for a Kenya visa online to get permission to enter Kenya. Its national reserves containing some of the most endangered wildlife and diverse culture will bring you many unforgettable experiences during the trip. With a Kenya eVisa for UK citizens, you can have a 90-day trip to explore this fascinating country. Thanks to the new electronic visa system, you can apply for a Kenyan visa online in just a few minutes using smart devices with a stable internet connection. After obtaining your Kenya eVisa, traveling to Kenya will be easier and more convenient than ever before.
The Kenya eVisa is granted to UK travelers who want to visit the country for many purposes such as tourism, business-related activities, transit, or having a trip to Rwanda and Uganda other than Kenya. It is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing a stay of up to 90 days.
Visitors from the UK who wish to extend their stay in Kenya for more than 03 months may request a visa extension. Before their visa expires, they need to make an appointment at the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi. UK applicants can also visit the immigration offices in Mombasa, Kisumu, Malindi and Lamu to apply for a visa extension.
A visa extension permits the maximum duration of stay for up to 90 days with a single entry. An important note is that holders of Kenya transit visas cannot extend their visas.
Before paying the cost, the applicant must complete the application form for a Kenya visa extension. The cost varies depending on the visa type. UK applicants need to provide two passport-sized photos taken within the last 06 months. The passport is also necessary because the immigration official will stamp it with a visa extension. UK travelers are also advised to bring their Kenya eVisa printout upon arrival.
Online Kenyan visa applications are simple and speedy. On the first step, the UK nationals must fill out an application form. UK citizens must include their full name, birthdate, place of birth, and passport number as a mandatory field. After the visa application has been submitted, it may take a maximum of 03 business days to process. The Kenya eVisa for UK cittizens will be sent to the applicant's email inbox after being approved.
The simple online application for a Kenyan visa takes UK applicants about 15-20 minutes to complete. The processing time that they choose in the form determines how long they can get their Kenya visa.
Applying for a Kenya visa online on Kenya Immigration Services website, UK citizens can select one of 03 types of visa services with different processing times. :
- Standard service: With this type of service, UK citizens can obtain a visa for Kenya in 03 business days.
- Urgent: This service guarantees the processing time of visa applications in 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: UK nationals can utilize this service to obtain a Kenya visa in 05 hours. It will be beneficial should they need a visa as soon as possible.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE