Kenya ETA requirements for Hong Kong Citizens
The Kenyan government now provides the Kenya eTA to citizens of 140 countries who wish to visit the country. The new Kenya eTA system allows travelers to obtain an eTA online without having to visit a Kenyan Embassy or consulate.
The government of Kenya instituted this as a means of encouraging people to visit the country. Naturally, people visit Kenya for a variety of reasons, and as a result, there are various types of Kenyan travel eTA that they can obtain depending on their travel needs. Travelers must carefully review the various eTA categories for their trip to Kenya, as each eTA category has its own set of documents that must be submitted as part of the eTA application.
Travelers from Hong Kong are eligible to apply for a Kenyan eTA due to the agreements between the government of Kenya and Hong Kong.
To obtain a Kenya eTA for Hong Kong citizens, travelers must fill out an online application, which, if approved, will be sent to the traveler via email. Citizens of Hong Kong must then print the Kenyan eTA to bring with them on their trip to Kenya and present it to border control officials at a Kenyan port of entry along with their passport.
Keep reading the article below to learn about the Kenya eTA requirements for Hong Kong citizens.
1. Kenya eTA for Hong Kong citizens:
Kenya eTA are online travel documents in PDF format, attached to your passport. With Kenya eTA, Hong Kongers can easily travel to Kenya. If you are coming to Kenya, the maximum stay is 90 days in Total for the single-entry and Multiple Entries eTA.
Citizens of Hong Kong who are planning to travel to Kenya from Hong Kong are eligible to obtain the Kenya electronic eTA.
Kenya eTA for Hong Kong citizens can be used for visits for tourism, business, and medical purposes.
To apply for a Kenya eTA from Hong Kong, complete the simple Kenya eTA application form online with personal and passport information.
For longer stays, or to visit for other purposes, travelers from Hong Kong need to apply for a eTA through a Kenya embassy in Hong Kong
Type of Kenya eTA:
These are the types of eTA available for citizens of Hong Kong:
- Kenya transit eTA: The transit eTA allows citizens of Hong Kong to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 72 hours from the time of their arrival. This eTA is ideal for those who have a long layover and want to spend a couple of nights in Kenya. You will have to stay at the airport if you do not have a transit eTA.
- Kenya business eTA: allows for a single entry stay in Kenya of up to 90 days for business purposes
- Kenya tourist eTA: This eTA allows citizens of Hong Kong up to 90 days of entry and allows you one entry into Kenya
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Hong Kong citizens:
The basic requirements to obtain a Kenya eTA for Hong Kong citizens include the following:
- Valid passport: Every Hong Kong citizen must have a valid passport before they can enter Kenya. Please be advised that your passport must be valid for a minimum of 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya and have at least 02 blank pages for entry/exit stamps
- Digital photo: All travelers must have a recent passport-size digital photo in order to apply for a Kenya eTA online (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Email address: Once we've verified your information, we'll send your eTA to this address. When you receive your eTA, you could use it right away or print a copy to keep.
- A ticket for an onward journey from Kenya or a return ticket.
- Travel plans shared. This can include giving information about accomodation, cities to visit, and/or activities planned in the country.
- Your business documents: you will be asked to provide an invitation letter from your business partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your business card/staff ID.
Furthermore, Hongkongers visiting the country for tourism must provide a copy of their passport's biographical page as well as a recent photograph that meets the requirements. Travelers from Hong Kong are strongly advised to review the detailed requirements for obtaining a Kenyan eTA for Hong Kong citizens
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA from Hong Kong:
Hongkongers can fill out the online application form to get an eTA for Kenya. The Kenya eTA application for Hong Kong citizens is straightforward, and applicants can complete the online application form from the comfort of their own homes with basic personal and passport information. The process takes around 15 minutes to complete.
Citizens of Hong Kong can apply for a Kenya eTA online in 03 easy steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan eTA application form for Hong Kong citizens
- Step 2: Pay the eTA processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya eTA.
Read more: How to get a Kenya eTA online
A Kenya eTA usually takes 05 to 72 business hours to process after the application is correctly submitted. You can track the status of your eTA application online.
The process may take longer on rare occasions. Most likely, this is due to mistakes or inaccuracies. To avoid application delays, double-check all information before submitting your Kenya eTA application form.
It is recommended that you print out your approved Kenya electronic eTA to bring with you on your trip to Kenya in case it is required for inspection.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Hong Kong citizens:
Countries around the world charge an application fee for their eTA and Kenya is no exception. The electronic eTA application fee is the same for all eligible nationals, which include Hong Kong citizens, and must be paid by all applicants.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Kenya eTA Fee , which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Since all Hong Kong citizens do not have the same schedule or budget saved for their Kenya eTA for Hong Kong citizens, we have created these 03 options. You will have to pay more for a faster procedure. The 03 options are:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option available to you. Also, the slowest. Within 03 business days, you will receive your Kenya eTA.
- Urgent: You can select this option for faster processing and have your application processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: If you need your eTA as soon as possible, choose this option, and your application will be processed in just 05 business hours.
Payments of method: You will need a Credit/debit card, eTA card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account to pay for your Kenyan eTA fee.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.