Kenya Visa requirements for Hong Kong Citizens
The Kenyan government now provides the Kenya e-visa to citizens of 140 countries who wish to visit the country. The new Kenya e-visa system allows travelers to obtain an e-visa online without having to visit a Kenyan Embassy or consulate.
The government of Kenya instituted this as a means of encouraging people to visit the country. Naturally, people visit Kenya for a variety of reasons, and as a result, there are various types of Kenyan travel e-visas that they can obtain depending on their travel needs. Travelers must carefully review the various e-Visa categories for their trip to Kenya, as each e-Visa category has its own set of documents that must be submitted as part of the e-Visa application.
Citizens of Hong Kong are eligible to apply for a Kenyan e-visa due to the agreements between the government of Kenya and Hong Kong.
To obtain a Kenya e-visa for Hong Kong citizens, travelers must fill out an online application, which, if approved, will be sent to the traveler via email. Citizens of Hong Kong must then print the Kenyan e-visa to bring with them on their trip to Kenya and present it to border control officials at a Kenyan port of entry along with their passport.
Keep reading the article below to learn about the Kenya e-visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens.
1. Kenya e-visa for Hong Kong citizens:
The Kenya e-Visa is an online travel document issued in PDF format and linked to your passport. With this document, you can easily travel to Kenya. If you are coming to Kenya, the maximum stay is 90 days in Total for the single-entry and Multiple Entries Visa.
Citizens of Hong Kong who are planning to travel to Kenya from Hong Kong are eligible to obtain the Kenya electronic visa.
Kenya e-visa for Hong Kong citizens can be used for visits for tourism, business, and medical purposes.
To apply for a Kenya e-Visa from Hong Kong, complete the simple Kenya e-Visa application form online with personal and passport information.
For longer stays, or to visit for other purposes, travelers from Hong Kong need to apply for a visa through a Kenya embassy in Hong Kong
Type of Kenya e-visas:
These are the types of visas available for citizens of Hong Kong:
- Kenya transit e-visa: The transit visa allows citizens of Hong Kong to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 72 hours from the time of their arrival. This visa is ideal for those who have a long layover and want to spend a couple of nights in Kenya. You will have to stay at the airport if you do not have a transit visa.
- Kenya business e-visa: The Kenya Business e-Visa allows a single entry stay of up 90 days in Kenya for business purposes
- Kenya tourist e-visa: This visa allows citizens of Hong Kong up to 90 days of entry and allows you one entry into Kenya
- Kenya East Africa visa: This is the ultimate Africa travel package for Hong Kong visitors. You can visit Kenya for up to 90 days with the East Africa E-Visa, and you can also visit Uganda and Rwanda as many times as you want during your stay. Apply for an East Africa E-Visa today!
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens:
The basic requirements to obtain a Kenya e-visa for Hong Kong citizens include the following:
- Valid passport: Every Hong Kong citizen must have a valid passport before they can enter Kenya. Please be advised that your passport must be valid for a minimum of 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya and have at least 02 blank pages for entry/exit stamps
- Digital photo: The online Kenya visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Email address: This is where we'll send your E-Visa once we've verified your information. When you receive your E-Visa, you can use it immediately or print a copy to keep with you.
- A ticket for an onward journey from Kenya or a return ticket.
- Travel plans shared. This may include submitting information about lodging, cities to be visited, and/or activities planned in the country.
- Your business documents: you will be asked to provide an invitation letter from your business partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your business card/staff ID.
Furthermore, Hongkongers visiting the country for tourism must provide a copy of their passport's biographical page as well as a recent photograph that meets the requirements. Travelers from Hong Kong are strongly advised to review the detailed requirements for obtaining a Kenyan e-visa for Hong Kong citizens
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Hong Kong:
Hongkongers can fill out the online application form to get a visa for Kenya. The Kenya visa application for Hong Kong citizens is straightforward, and applicants can complete the online application form from the comfort of their own homes with basic personal and passport information. The process takes around 15 minutes to complete.
Citizens of Hong Kong can apply for a Kenya visa online in 03 easy steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan visa application form for Hong Kong citizens
- Step 2: Pay the visa processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya e-Visa.
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
A Kenya e-Visa usually takes 05-72 business hours to process after the application is correctly submitted. You can track the status of your visa application online.
The process may take longer on rare occasions. This is most likely due to application errors or inaccuracies. To avoid application delays, double-check all information before submitting your Kenya e-Visa application form.
It is recommended that you print out your approved Kenya electronic visa to bring with you on your trip to Kenya in case it is required for inspection.
4. Kenya visa fees for Hong Kong citizens:
Countries around the world charge an application fee for their visas and Kenya is no exception. The electronic visa application includes a fee that must be paid by all applicants and is the same for all eligible nationals, including Hong Kong citizens
Since all Hong Kong citizens do not have the same schedule or budget saved for their Kenya visas for Hong Kong citizens, we have created these 03 options. You will be required to pay more for a quicker procedure. The 03 options are:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option available to you. Also, the slowest. Within 03 business days, you will receive your Kenya visa.
- Urgent: You can select this option for faster processing and have your application processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: If you need your e-visa as soon as possible, choose this option, and your application will be processed in just 05 business hours.
Payments of method: You will need a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account to pay for your Kenyan visa fee.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic