Kenya visa requirements for Guyanese citizens
Travel enthusiasts are increasingly choosing more distant vacation destinations for their annual retreats. Travelers from Guyana have undoubtedly chosen their personal favorite. Kenya is without a doubt one of the most appealing countries in Africa.
The opportunity to go on a safari once in a lifetime, getting emotional over breathtaking sunsets on the beach and challenging hikes are undoubtedly the main reasons why travelers from all over the world prefer Kenya over other destinations.
With the number of tourists and business visitors entering this amazing country every day, it would be impossible for Kenyan immigration to maintain their current visa policy. Thankfully, the system of applying for a regular visa after making an appointment with the nearest Embassy is considered ancient history. Currently, almost every nationality is eligible to apply for an e-visa.
If you have no further questions, you can apply for a Kenyan e-Visa online by following the instructions on the website. The following article explains Kenya e-visa requirements for Guyanese citizens and other important travel information.
Kenya e-visa for Guyanese citizens
1. Kenya e visa for Guyanese citizens:
By 2021, Guyanese visitors are required to apply for an e-visa to Kenya before their trip. Kenya e-visa is an electronic authorization document that allows all applicants to obtain in order to enter Kenya legally. The Kenya e-Visa application for Guyanese citizens is 100% electronic. Visitors can complete the e-Visa request from their smartphone, laptop, or another device.
Guyanese need a visa to travel to Kenya, even for short stays. Guyanese tourists and business travelers can now get a visa for Kenya online. The Kenya e-visa for Guyanese citizens is an online visa that covers visits for holidays, business trips. Get your Kenya e-Visa right here!
Guyanese citizens planning to travel to Kenya for longer periods of time or for other reasons such as professional relocations should be aware that the e-Visa does not cover these activities. In this case, they should organize a visit to the Kenya embassy in Guyana for further details.
Type of Kenya e-visas:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: The Tourist e-Visa is the better option for travelers from Guyana looking for a more in-depth experience of Kenya. You'll have 90 days to explore Kenya's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival and allows for one entry.
- Kenya business e-visa: This visa is necessary if you are going for business meetings. It also allows for a single entry with a stay for three months and validity for 90 days from the approval date.
- Kenya transit e-visa: With the Transit E-Visa, you can stay in Kenya for up to three days while waiting for the next leg of your journey. This is ideal for those on a tight schedule or who anticipate a lengthy layover once in Kenya.
- East Africa e-visa: Get the East Africa e-Visa if you wish to visit more of Africa than just Kenya when traveling there. Throughout your 90-day journey to Kenya, you enjoy unrestricted entry to Rwanda and Uganda with this e-Visa. The East Africa e-Visa is valid for 3 months after being approved and allows Guyanese travelers to visit many times between these 3 countries.
2. Kenya e visa requirements for Guyanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa requirements for Guyanese citizens
Checking the Kenya visa requirements online for Guyanese citizens will assist travelers in avoiding complications and errors on their application forms. Guyana passport holders must meet certain basic visa requirements in order to visit Kenya. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- To have a Guyanese passport with at least 6 months validity remaining from the intended date of arrival.
- Have at least two blank pages for stamps and entry permits
- A scanned copy of biographical page of your passport
- Digital photo: All travelers must have a recent passport-size digital photo in order to apply for a Kenya visa online.
- Show proof of a round-trip ticket or onward travel.
- When applying for business visas, you must provide an invitation letter from the company with their staff’s ID cards and company COI.
- An email address - Make sure you type it correctly when filling out the application form because you will receive your online visa via email.
Depending on the type of visa required by a Guyanese citizen, additional supporting documents may be required. This supporting documentation may also be required upon arrival in Kenya at border control. Make sure you have all of the necessary documents with you when you apply and when you cross the border.
3. How to get a Kenya e-visa for Guyanese citizens:
Guyanese tourists can select the type of visa they want when they apply. In fact, there are four options: Kenya tourist e-visa, Kenya business e-visa, Kenya transit e-visa, or East Africa e-visa. The online application process for the Kenya e-visa for Guyanese citizens is fast and simple. Guyanese applicants can obtain the e-Visa in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-visa form for Guyanese citizens
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
Visa applications can be approved in 5 to 72 business hours after submitting the application form. Once in Kenya, border officials will require Guyanese and other eligible visitors to show the approved Kenya e-visa, as well as their valid passports and any other supporting documentation.
How to get a Kenya e-visa for Guyanese citizens
4. Kenya e-visa fees for Guyanese citizens:
The price of a Kenya e visa for Guyanese citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the processing time. To apply for a Kenya visa online through Kenya Immigration Services, you must pay two types of visa fees: service fees and government fees. The government fee can not be refunded after applying so if your request is rejected, you must pay another government fee for a new application.
For the service fees, it includes the amount of money for consulting, preparing extra documents and process e-visa. To get a Kenya e visa for Guyanese citizens, the following options are at your disposal when choosing the processing time with kenyaimmigration.org :
- Normal: This allows you to get your documents just in time for your trip and at a low cost. ( 3 business days)
- Urgent: With which you can obtain your documents ahead of schedule for a fee. ( 1 business day)
- Super urgent: Which allows you to receive your documents immediately, but at a higher cost. ( 5 working hours)