Kenya eTA requirements for Guyanese citizens in 2024
Travel enthusiasts are increasingly choosing more distant vacation destinations for their annual retreats. Travelers from Guyana have undoubtedly chosen their personal favorite. Kenya is without a doubt one of the most appealing countries in Africa.
The opportunity to go on a safari once in a lifetime, getting emotional over breathtaking sunsets on the beach and challenging hikes are undoubtedly the main reasons why travelers from all over the world prefer Kenya over other destinations.
With the number of tourists and business visitors entering this amazing country every day, it would be impossible for Kenyan immigration to maintain their current eTA policy. Thankfully, the system of applying for a regular eTA after making an appointment with the nearest Embassy is considered ancient history. Currently, almost every nationality is eligible to apply for an eTA.
If you have no further questions, you can apply for a Kenyan eTA online by following the instructions on the website. The following article explains Kenya eTA requirements for Guyanese citizens and other important travel information.
Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens:
By 2024, Guyanese visitors are required to apply for an eTA to Kenya before their trip. Kenya eTA is an electronic authorization document that allows all applicants to obtain to enter Kenya legally. The Kenya eTA application for Guyanese citizens is 100% electronic. Visitors can complete the eTA request from their smartphone, laptop, or another device.
Guyanese need an eTA to travel to Kenya, even for short stays. Guyanese tourists and business travelers can now get an eTA for Kenya online. The Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens is an online eTA that covers visits for holidays, and business trips.
Guyanese citizens planning to travel to Kenya for longer periods or for other reasons such as professional relocations should be aware that the eTA does not cover these activities. In this case, they should organize a visit to the Kenya embassy in Guyana for further details.
Type of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: The Tourist eTA is the better option for travelers from Guyana looking for a more in-depth experience of Kenya. You'll have 90 days to explore Kenya's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist eTA is valid for 90 days after arrival and allows for one entry.
- Kenya business eTA: This eTA is necessary if you are going for business meetings. It also allows for a single entry with a stay for three months and validity for 90 days from the approval date.
- Kenya transit eTA: With the Transit eTA, you can stay in Kenya for up to three days while waiting for the next leg of your journey. This is ideal for those on a tight schedule or who anticipate a lengthy layover once in Kenya.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Guyanese citizens:
Kenya eTA requirements for Guyanese citizens
Checking the Kenya eTA requirements online for Guyanese citizens will assist travelers in avoiding complications and errors on their application forms. Guyana passport holders must meet certain basic eTA requirements in order to visit Kenya. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- To have a Guyanese passport with at least 6 months validity remaining from the intended date of arrival.
- Have at least two blank pages for stamps and entry permits
- A scanned copy of biographical page of your passport
- Digital photo: All travelers must have a recent passport-size digital photo in order to apply for a Kenya eTA online.
- Show proof of a round-trip ticket or onward travel.
- When applying for business eTA, you must provide an invitation letter from the company with their staff’s ID cards and company COI.
- An email address - Make sure you type it correctly when filling out the application form because you will receive your online eTA via email.
Depending on the type of eTA required by a Guyanese citizen, additional supporting documents may be required. This supporting documentation may also be required upon arrival in Kenya at border control. Make sure you have all of the necessary documents with you when you apply and when you cross the border.
3. How to get a Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens:
Guyanese tourists can select the type of eTA they want when they apply. There are 3 options: Kenya tourist eTA, Kenya business eTA, and Kenya transit eTA. The online application process for the Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens is fast and simple. Guyanese applicants can apply for a Kenya ETA online in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya eTA form for Guyanese citizens
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get a Kenya eTA online
eTA applications can be approved in 5 to 72 business hours after submitting the application form. Once in Kenya, border officials will require Guyanese and other eligible visitors to show the approved Kenya eTA, as well as their valid passports and any other supporting documentation.
How to get a Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens
4. Kenya eTA fees for Guyanese citizens:
The price of a Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens varies depending on the type of eTA and the processing time. To apply for a Kenya eTA online through Kenya Immigration Services, you must pay two types of eTA fees: service fees and government fees. The government fee can not be refunded after applying so if your request is rejected, you must pay another government fee for a new application.
For the service fees, it includes the amount of money for consulting, preparing extra documents and process eTA. To get a Kenya eTA for Guyanese citizens, the following options are at your disposal when choosing the processing time with kenyaimmigration.org :
- Normal: This allows you to get your documents just in time for your trip and at a low cost. ( 3 business days)
- Urgent: With which you can obtain your documents ahead of schedule for a fee. ( 1 business day)
- Super urgent: Which allows you to receive your documents immediately, but at a higher cost. ( 5 working hours)