Kenya visa requirements for New Zealand citizens - Fee/Services
A few years ago, citizens of New Zealand had to make an appointment with the nearest Embassy or consulate to obtain a Kenyan visa. That process took a long time and required many documents from each applicant.
Because processing time could take up to a month, it was critical for each applicant to apply well in advance of their departure.
Given the number of tourists and business visitors who cross the Kenyan border each year, applying for a regular visa is now inconvenient.
All the necessary documents are almost certainly already in your possession. You are not required to provide physical copies of the required documents in person. All of them can be attached to the online form.
The application process has been simplified to the greatest extent possible in order to make the applicant's overall experience more manageable. Kenya's Government has developed a method for issuing electronic travel authorizations in 03 working days.
If the processing time is extended, this does not imply that your application will be rejected. It is determined by how quickly the Government is currently working and how many forms are received.
Kenya visa for New Zealand citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from New Zealand?
Kenya e visa for New Zealand Citizens:
Citizens of New Zealand planning a trip to Kenya must have a valid visa. Getting one is quick and simple thanks to the Kenyan electronic visa (e-visa) platform.
The Kenya Visa for New Zealand citizens is an online visa system. This allows you to apply from the comfort of your own home, rather than traveling to an embassy as you would with a traditional visa.
The platform was launched in 2015 in order to streamline and accelerate the Kenya visa application process and make it easier for foreign visitors.
Citizens of New Zealand who want to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or medical reasons, or to visit friends or relatives, can apply for a Kenya e-Visa.
The Kenyan Government launched the Kenyan electronic visa in 2015 in order to reduce visa application processing times for New Zealanders and other visitors visiting Kenya for a short period of time.
It is widely regarded as the most convenient way for New Zealand citizens to obtain a Kenya e-Visa. Simply fill out a brief online form with your information, and you will receive your visa via email in as little as three business days.
The Kenya e-visa is a single-entry visa and can be used for travel from New Zealand at any time within 3 months from the date of issue.
New Zealand passport holders visiting Kenya for an extended period of time must apply in person at a Kenyan embassy in New Zealand for the appropriate type of visa.
Type of Kenya e visas:
We offer four levels of e-Visa: Transit e-Visa, Tourist e-Visa, business e-visa, and East Africa e-Visa. Keep reading to find the perfect option for you.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: Do you need a longer stay? The Tourist e-Visa is an excellent option for you. In Kenya, you'll have plenty of time to relax, sightsee, and visit family. After entering, you'll have 90 days to explore everything Kenya has to offer. Get your Tourist e-Visa here, using our safe and simple online application. The procedure is always quick and easy.
- The Kenya transit e-Visa is an excellent option for citizens of New Zealand who are in Kenya for a particularly long layover and want to leave the airport, as well as for globetrotters who only want up to 03 days in total to explore Kenya. It is a single-entry visa and is valid for 90 days from the issued date.
- Kenya business e-visa: In the case of business visits, citizens of New Zealand passport holders can choose the Kenya business e-Visa, which has a longer maximum stay — up to 90 days — and is a single-entry visa as well.
- East African e-visa: The East African visa allows you to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with the same multiple-entry visa. It is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
Check Kenya Visa Requirements For New Zealand Citizens
Before submitting an application for a Kenyan online visa, New Zealanders should ensure they meet a number of key requirements.
The following items must be provided to process a Kenya e-visa request from New Zealand:
The applicant's New Zealand passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya.
You must have at least two blank pages in your New Zealand passport. This is done so that the Immigration Officers can add stamps to their passports as they enter and exit the country.
The applicant's most recent passport photograph. This must be a recent color photograph taken against a white background with a neutral expression.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A return flight ticket
- Business-related documents: To obtain a Kenya business e-visa, you need to provide the invitation letter from your business partner in Kenya, COI provided by your company, and your business/Staff card.
- An email address where the approved Kenya e-visa can be sent.
- Payment method — We accept the following payment methods: They also must provide truthful, accurate answers throughout the application process.
Let’s check Kenya e visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
How To Apply A Kenya Visa For New Zealand Citizens Online
The Kenyan e-Visa application process is as simple as filling out and submitting a brief electronic application form.
This form will ask the applicant to provide some basic information about themselves, such as:
- Full name, gender, nationality
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Kenya
Citizens of New Zealand can apply for a Kenya visa online today in just 3 steps:
- The first step: Fill out all your details in the Kenya visa application form, then choose a processing time that suits your travel needs.
- The second step: Check that all of the information you entered is correct. Following verification, you can pay the fees online with a debit or credit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or wire transfer to the bank of Cyprus.
- The last step: Click on the "submit" button. After that, you should download and print out the Kenya visa once you receive your visa.
Applicants can expect to receive their Kenya e-visa within 72 hours (3 days) of applying.
It is important to remember that delays may occur due to high demand, national holidays, and application form errors.
If a New Zealand citizen's application for a Kenya e-visa is approved, their travel document will be digitally linked to the NZ passport used to apply.
Furthermore, the approved visa for Kenya will be emailed to the applicant in PDF format. As a result, applicants must provide a valid email address when submitting their Kenyan online visa application.
Apply a Kenya e visa for New Zealand citizens online
Everything About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For New Zealand Citizens
The Kenya e visa fee for citizens of New Zealand depends on the processing speed option you choose. In all 03 cases, the visa cost remains the same, but the service fee increases with processing speed.
Kenya immigration services provide 03 processing speed options, allowing you to choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- Normal: The majority of applicants choose this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa will be ready in 03 business days.
- Urgent– If you go for this option, your application is processed within 01 Business Day
- Super urgent – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 05 business hours
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services also provide other package services to assist New Zealand citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Kenya eSim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya
Lean about Kenya visa fees for New Zealand citizens