Kenya visa requirements for New Zealand citizens - Fee/Services
Kenya visa requirements for New Zealand citizens: For New Zealand citizens interested in Kenya's rich culture and history, understanding the Kenya visa requirements is essential for travel to this exotic destination.
In addition to its savanna and coastal regions, Kenya is home to a variety of national parks, historical sites, and other attractions. Whether New Zealand travelers are planning a safari, visiting family, or simply sightseeing in Kenya, they should be aware of the Kenya visa requirements for New Zealand citizens.
Kenya visa for New Zealand citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from New Zealand?
Kenya Immigration Services will outline the necessary documentation and Kenya visa application procedures for New Zealand citizens wishing to visit this stunningly beautiful country. Additionally, this article will explain the rules for staying in Kenya for extended periods of time, as well as provide some vital information. With this information, New Zealand citizens can confidently take the steps required to experience Kenya.
Check Kenya Visa Requirements For New Zealand Citizens
- New Zealand is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for New Zealand passport holders.
- Depending on why New Zealand citizens visit Kenya and the referred documents they have, New Zealand nationals could apply for a suitable Kenya visa type.
New Zealand citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the nearest Kenya embassy or consulate.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for New Zealand citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, New Zealand citizens must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- A valid New Zealand passport
- A passport-sized photograph
- A scan of the biographical page of the New Zealand passport.
Let’s check Kenya e visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
All Types Of Kenya Visa For New Zealand Citizens
New Zealand visitors seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country.
- There are different types of Kenya visas available to New Zealand citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
- The most common type is the Kenyan e visa for New Zealand citizens, an electronic visa that can be obtained online in advance of travel.
- This Kenya visa type is valid for 90 days and is suitable for those traveling to Kenya for leisure, business, medical or transit purposes.
Currently, there are 04 types of Kenya e visa available to New Zealand citizens provided Kenya Immigration Services, depending on the purpose of the visit:
- Kenya Tourist e visa: mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist e visa for New Zealand citizens permits a single entry only, and its holders can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya Transit e visa: used when New Zealand travelers need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. The validity of a Kenya transit e visa is 90 days from the date of issuance, and its holders are allowed to have a short trip in Kenya for a maximum of 72 hours from the date of arrival.
- Kenya Business e visa: crucial for your work trip to Kenya. New Zealand passport holders will have 90 consecutive days in this country to engage in business activities with a Kenya business e visa.
- East Africa Tourist e visa: East Africa Tourist visa: one new type of Kenya e-visa, East Africa tourist e visa for New Zealand citizens traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this type of visa, travelers can visit these countries and remain there for up to 90 days in total.
New Zealand citizens requiring other types of Kenya visas must visit the nearest Kenya embassy or consulate to obtain a proper visa.
How To Apply A Kenya Visa For New Zealand Citizens Online
Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including New Zealand.
- Although the Government does not ask New Zealand applicants to submit paperwork at the Kenya embassy, they will require some scan of supporting documents to process a visa application for a Kenya e visa.
- Therefore, as a New Zealand applicant for a Kenya e visa, you should obtain certain documents to ensure a smooth eVisa process.
Apply a Kenya e visa for New Zealand citizens online
Prepare the Kenya visa required documents including:
- New Zealand passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of the New Zealand passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and approval information of Kenya e visa
- A passport photo of the New Zealand applicant that was taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya electronic visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that you need to provide. These are listed below:
- Kenya Tourist e visa requirements : New Zealand applicants need to provide a travel itinerary (flight tickets). Hotel bookings or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa.
- Kenya Business e visa requirements : New Zealand passport holders are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and a staff ID card/Passport to obtain a Kenya business visa.
Apply a Kenya e visa for New Zealand citizens online by following these steps
- Step 1 : Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as passport number. New Zealand applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya e visa application process.
- Step 2 : Choose the payment method for the Kenya e visa fee and provide some additional documents as required.
- Step 3 : The Kenya visa check status system lets New Zealand citizens track your Kenya e visa application status anytime, and you'll receive an email confirmation. Applicants will receive your Kenya e visas in PDF format via email after a few days.
New Zealand citizens should download and print out your Kenya e visa. Then remember to bring your Kenya electronic visa to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Everything About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For New Zealand Citizens
Various types of Kenya e visas are available, each with a different number of entries and stay duration. Besides, Kenya e visa fee for New Zealand citizens is solely determined by the type and services of the Kenya e visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for New Zealand citizens
- To obtain a Kenya visa for New Zealand citizens, applicants have to pay two kinds of Kenya e visa fees, which are called the Kenya visa service fee and Government fee.
- More about how to make payment for Kenya e visa fees for New Zealand citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services also provide other package services to assist New Zealand citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Kenya eSim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya
Lean about Kenya visa fees for New Zealand citizens
Kenya e visa services for New Zealand citizens
- Normal Kenya e visa service: used in most cases, New Zealand travelers will get your Kenya e visa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
- Urgent Kenya e visa service: used in some special cases, New Zealand citizens can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent Kenya e visa service: used in emergency cases, New Zealanders can get your Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours.
Travelers from New Zealand can apply for a Rush Kenya e visa here.
Consider to buy Kenya Travel Insurance along with a Kenya e visa for New Zealand citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of Kenya visa requirements for New Zealand citizens, it is a recommendation for a trip to Kenya.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, New Zealand travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. Kenya travel insurance will help tourists partially reduce damages during the trip.
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that Kenya travel health insurance is essential for New Zealand nationals to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya to the fullest.
New Zealanders can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the Kenya embassy in New Zealand
- Kenya embassy opening hours: 9:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday.
- During public holidays in New Zealand and Kenya, Kenya embassy offices in New Zealand may be closed, visitors need to be aware of this when applying for a regular Kenya visa for New Zealand citizens there.
Link Kenya's embassies here.
Note about Kenya e visas for New Zealanders
New Zealand passports must be valid for six (06) months at least before entering Kenya.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE