Kenya visa requirements for South African citizens - Fee & Service
- Kenya Visa for South African citizens:
- Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For South African Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For South African Citizens Currently Available
- Apply Kenya Visa For South African Citizens Right From Your Home
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees For South African Citizens
- Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in South Africa
If you plan to travel from South Africa to Kenya, you will need a Visa unless you leave within 30 days. Nowadays, it is now easier than ever to obtain a Kenya e-Visa for South African citizens following the instructions for the Kenya e-Visa application. This electronic Visa allows South African passport holders to visit the country in short periods of time, within 90 days.
Learn more details about Kenya e Visa requirements for South African citizens and how to apply for Visa online
Kenya visa for South African citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from South Africa?
Kenya Visa for South African citizens:
One of the most popular questions when researching a visa to Kenya is do South African citizens need a valid visa in order to enter Kenya?
Yes, all South African citizens must have a visa to enter Kenya before they can legally enter the country, but in case you plan to stay in kenya for over 30 days. South Africa is in Kenya’s exemption list but with under 30 days of stay only.
For getting Visa if you want to stay longer, the most efficient and convenient way to obtain a visa for Kenya from South Africa is to apply online for an electronic Visa.
According to Kenya's visa policy, the Kenya eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. Although the Kenya eVisa for South African citizens is valid for 90 days in Kenya, it is possible to extend it by another 90 days once in Kenya.
For longer stays or visits for other purposes, travelers must apply for a visa at a Kenya embassy in South Africa
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For South African Citizens
You need to consider the Kenya Visa requirements for South African citizens before applying for your Kenya eVisa. They include the following:
- A Valid Passport : The traveller from South Africa must hold a valid and up-to-date passport. Your South African passport should be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Kenya. Furthermore, the passport must include at least one blank page for stamping.
- A Digital Photograph :With your e-visa application form, you must include a recent, colorized passport-size photograph.The photograph must be no more than six months old and must depict your current appearance.
- Working email address: To receive their Kenya eVisa for South African citizens electronically, applicants must provide a valid email address. Applicants should print a hard copy of their electronic eVisa and keep it with them in case they are required to present it upon entering Kenya
- Travel Itinerary : You will be required to submit details of your travel itinerary, such as confirmed accommodation and air ticket details, booked excursions, destinations you wish to visit, and activities you wish to participate in while in Kenya.
- An Onward Ticket : When you arrive at any of Kenya's border checkpoints, the immigration officer will request proof of onward travel, which could be a return ticket to your home country or a ticket/travel permit to enter your next destination.
Before you travel to Kenya, if you lose or steal your passport, you need to apply for a new eVisa that ties into the new passport. The same applies if your dates of travel change.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for South African citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For South African Citizens Currently Available
Depending on the purpose of the trip or the duration of the trip, a different type of visa is required.The types are as follows:
Kenya Tourist e visa
You can use this visa for a single-entry to Kenya and stay there for 90 days.
Kenya Transit e visa
A Transit Visa allows visitors to leave the airport after a stay of no more than 72 hours in Kenya.
Kenya Business e visa
The Kenyan Business E-Visa is designed for foreigners who want to do business in Kenya.This type of visa can only be obtained online. You can stay there with this visa for a maximum of 90 days.
East Africa Tourist e visa
The Kenyan government launched the East African Visa, an electronic visa for individuals wishing to travel in Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. This visa allows you to travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one visa. At each entry, the visa will be valid for 90 days.
Apply Kenya Visa For South African Citizens Right From Your Home
To begin the process of obtaining a Kenya eVisa for South African citizens, applicants must complete an online application. This Kenya visa application form can be filled out from South Africa and from the comfort of your home.
The application process for a Kenya eVisa from South Africa is quick and easy, requiring applicants to complete and submit a simple, 10-minute online form.
South Africa travelers can apply for a Kenya visa online in 3 simple steps.
Read more: Kenya visa processing times
If all information is correct, you will then be instructed to pay the fee for a Kenyan visa and wait for the approval to be sent to your e-mail address.The average processing time for a Kenyan visa is two to three business days, but this can vary depending on demand and other factors.To avoid delays and stress, we recommend applying for your visa ahead of time.
Apply a Kenya e visa for South African citizens online
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees For South African Citizens
The Kenya visa fee for South African citizens solely depends upon the visa type you have selected, not upon your nationality. It makes no difference which country you are from because Kenya has set the same fee for citizens of all eligible countries.
To apply for a Kenya visa online from South Africa , you have to pay two kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. With a government fee, you will pay a specific fee. About service fee, depending on your need, there are 3 options you can consider:
- Normal: used in most cases when you have time to prepare paperwork and wait for a response. You can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special circumstances when you just have a little time to prepare. In this way, you will receive your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get a Visa in hours. With this option, your result will arrive in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
Payment: after choosing a suitable type of service, you need to charge all fees to complete the application. Both electronic transactions and wire transfer are accepted. You can choose either Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist South African citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
Lean about Kenya e visa fees for South African citizens
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in South Africa
On public holidays in South Africa and Kenya, the Kenya embassy's offices in South Africa may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Pretoria, South Africa
- Address: 302 Brooks Street, P.O. Box 35954, Menlo Park, 0081, South Africa.
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in South Africa
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya Embassy office in South Africa is open Monday to Friday.
Kenya Visa Requirements for South Africa Citizens FAQs
Holders of South African passports do not need a visa for stays in Kenya of less than one month (30 days). They need to obtain Kenya visas for trips that are longer than 30 days. Nationals of South Africa who want to extend their stay for more than 30 days can apply for a Kenya visa online . This is the fastest and most convenient way to get a visa for Kenya from South Africa, helping travelers save an amount of time.
Kenyan Government requires certain foreign nationals to have a visa before traveling to this country. Fortunately, a new visa system, called Kenya electronic visa, was launched in 2015 that can help simplify the process of getting a visa. Citizens of more than 150 countries, including South African nationals, can take advantage of an eVisa to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or transit purposes.
It is very straightforward to get a Kenya visa from South Africa. First of all, they should make sure that they meet the Kenya visa requirements for South African citizens. After that, they will complete the application form with some necessary information and make an online payment for the visa fee. Within a few days after the visa application has been submitted, South African citizens can receive their visas via email.
Yes. South African citizens are permitted a visa-exempt stay in Kenya of up to 30 days. That means South African nationals whose trips are less than 30 days can visit Kenya without obtaining a visa. However, if South Africans want to explore more things in Kenya, they can apply for a Kenya eVisa which allows them to stay there longer.
Yes. South African citizens are allowed to travel to Kenya since this country opened its borders to international travelers in 2020.
For South African travelers intending to visit Kenya and staying there longer than 30 days, a visa will be required. Traveling to Kenya is easier than ever before thanks to Kenya eVisa which is issued by the Kenyan Directorate of Immigration Service.
- Normal: Get an eVisa within 03 business days with a fee of US$59.00.
- Urgent: South Africans can expect to receive their eVisa in 24 hours by paying a higher fee. They need to pay an additional US$79.00.
- Super urgent: This option is great for South African applicants who require their visa in 05 hours for an extra US$99.00.