Kenya visa requirements for Filipino citizens
Most nationalities, according to Kenya's visa policy, can only travel to Kenya with an electronic visa if the trip is for tourism purposes. Filipino citizens are among them, which means you can avoid a trip to the nearest consulate. Instead, you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and kenyaimmigration.org can help you get it in just a couple of hours.
To successfully receive your Kenya e-Visa, you must follow the Kenya e-visa requirements for Filipino citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Filipino:
All citizens from the Philippines need to apply for a visa if they want to travel to Kenya. A good thing is that you can apply for a Kenya visa online
The Kenyan e-visa is one type of visa that grants authorized entry into the country in the same way that a regular visa does, but through an electronic system.
Since launching in 2015, the Kenya e-visa eligibility has expanded to more than 140 nationalities - including Filipino citizens
Filipino travelers can use Kenya e-visa for tourism, recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short-duration medical treatment, or casual business visits.
The Kenya e-Visa for Filipino allows the holder a stay of 90 consecutive days in the country.
You will be required to visit your nearest Kenya embassy or consulate, such as the Kenya Embassy in the Philippines if you are visiting Kenya for other reasons, including study or relocation.
Type of Kenya e-visa:
If you’re flying to Kenya from the Philippines, it’s important to know the differences between e-Visas. Before you plan your vacation, keep reading to learn about the four types of e-Visas:
- Kenya transit e-visa: The Transit e-Visa is ideal for Filipino residents who want to visit Kenya for a short period of time. This is the option for you if you have a long layover. With Kenya's transit e-visa, Filipino citizens can spend up to 72 hours in Kenya
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you plan on staying in Kenya for an extended period of time, the Tourist e-Visa is the best option. Kenya is yours to explore once you arrive. Whether your interests are in culture, shopping, food, or sightseeing, you'll find it here. The travel document is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the issued date, and it allows you to stay in Kenya for up to dáy from the date of your arrival with a single entry.
- East Africa E-visa: If you want to see more of East Africa, the East Africa e-Visa will give you unrestricted access to not only Kenya but also Rwanda and Uganda for the duration of your 90-days stay. During your period of stay, you can go through these 03 countries many times you wish.
- Kenya business e-visa: You can use this visa for business purposes. Kenya business e-visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days, and it allows only one entry to Kenya. Once you enter Kenya, you can stay in this country for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Filipino citizens
- Valid Filipino passport: You will be unable to apply for a Kenya visa unless you have a passport. Furthermore, Kenya's visa policy requires that the document be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya. A minimum of two blank pages in the passport for immigration to stamp when entering and exiting the country.
- A recent passport photo: Scan this before you apply, so you can submit it with your application.
- Digital passport photo: Keep in mind that the photo must be recent. There are a few more rules that the photo must follow.
- Flight ticket: In total, 02 types of e-visa have specific requirements about flight tickets: Transit and East Africa e-visa. For transit e-visa, you will provide your flight plan that points out the exact period of overlaying time in Kenya shall not exceed 72 hours. About the East Africa e-visa, you need to make sure your starting entry point is a port of Kenya.
- Email address: This is where we'll send your E-Visa once we've verified your information. When you receive your E-Visa, you can use it immediately or print a copy to keep with you.
- Business documents: if you apply for a Kenya business e-visa, you need to provide these documents: an invitation letter from the organization you have a business with, your company COI, a staff ID/business card.
- Hotel reservations (if any).
It is also advisable to check the general visa requirements for Filipino before submitting a request online.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Philipines:
The process to apply for a Kenya e-Visa for Philippine passport holders is quick and easy. The entire process is done completely online and takes less than 15 minutes to do so.
Filipino travelers who meet the requirements can get an e-Visa for Kenya online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Kenya e-Visa application form
- Step 2: Pay Kenya e-visa fees and submit the request
- Step 3: Download and print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
After submitting the application, the traveler can expect to receive the approved visa for Kenya for Filipino nationals in 1 to 3 business days
Applicants should plan on meeting the aforementioned requirements as well as answering basic and security-related questions. After everything has been submitted and the payment has been made, the application is reviewed by authorities. The Kenya e-visa for Filipino is sent in PDF format to the provided email address once it has been deemed safe.
4. Kenya visa fees for Filipino citizens:
The Kenya e-visa fee is the same for the citizens of all eligible countries. Your nationality has no bearing on the visa fee. It is entirely dependent on the type of visa you have chosen.
To apply for a Kenya visa from the Philippines, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee.
You will also save money if you use kenyaimmigration.org's services. This is due to the fact that the company offers something that no one else does: options. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa you require as well as the processing time. In terms of the latter, you can select one based on your needs and budget. You have three choices:
- Normal: Your application is processed within 3 business days
- Urgent: Your visa will be ready within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: This is the fastest option you have. Your visa application is processed in 5 business hours.
Payment method: We accept the following payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.