Check Kenya Visa requirements for French citizens
For French citizens planning to travel to Kenya, it is necessary to obtain a visa before entering the country. Fortunately, applying for a Kenya Visa is simple and straight-forward, taking less than 10 minutes in most cases. Kenya Visas for French citizens can be obtained online, no paperwork or embassy appointments needed and with an electronic visa, French tourists can visit Kenya for up to 90 days.
In this article, you will see all the information about how to get an electronic Visa to enter Kenya for business, tourist and medical treatment purposes.
1. Do French citizens Need a Visa for Kenya?
Since France is not in the exemption list, French citizens need to have a visa for Kenya, even for short stays. Travelers from France can apply for a Kenya e-Visa before departure.
A Kenya e-Visa for French citizens is an authorization document that gives travelers permission to enter this country and allows French citizens to stay in the country for up to 90 days in a row for purposes of tourism, business, or medical reasons.
2. Kenya Visa for French citizens:
There are 4 main types of e-Visa for French citizens traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya tourist e-Visa: This type allows travelers to enter the country once with a validity of 90 days.
- Kenya business e-Visa: This type is intended for attending business meetings, conferences, and other similar events, and it allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days.
- Kenya Transit e-Visa: A transit visa is required for travelers who have a layover in Kenya on their way to another destination. This transit period is usually less than 3 days – 72 hours. If you have a transit visa, you can leave the airport and travel around Kenya for three days.
- East African e-Visa:This type is for ones who would take a trip to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this visa, you can visit three countries and stay there for up to 90 days, taking a Visa stamp at the entry point in Kenya.
3. What are Kenya visa requirements for French citizens?
After you've decided on Kenya as your destination, you'll need to gather all of the Kenya e-Visa requirements for French citizens. There are few things you will need before proceeding an application, including:
- Valid passport: To apply for a Kenya e-Visa, you must have a valid French passport. It should be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter the country. In addition, the French passport should have at least two blank pages for immigration stamps upon entry and exit from Kenya.
- Digital photo: All travelers must have a recent passport-sized digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: You will receive a copy of your e-Visa via email. After completing the process of obtaining a visa, we will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Don't forget to print out a physical copy before you leave.
- Proof of accommodation – A hotel confirmation or a letter from a host is adequate.
- An onward ticket – When you arrive at a Kenya border checkpoint, immigration officers may request proof of onward travel, such as a ticket back home or to your next destination.
Before submitting their application form, you should ensure things in the list meet requirements. Otherwise, it will take you more time to adjust and refill suitable documents. In case your passport is expiring soon, consider renewing a new one to avoid unwanted situations.
Payment method: After finishing your application, you will pay a total fee to complete the whole process viaVisa Card, MasterCard, American Express Card or PayPal.
According to your demand, there are 3 e-Visa application service options:
- Normal: mostly used in casual cases. You will receive your e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you have a sudden case. The waiting time is a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used when you have a rush case and need to travel in a day. The time to finish a process is a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
4. How to apply for a Kenya visa from France
The Kenya e-Visa process is fast and simple and French citizens will receive the approved visa by email within 3 business days.
5. Kenya visa fees for French citizens:
The electronic visa (e-visa Kenya) can be used for both vacation and business trips to Kenya. The application process is entirely online, and the fees are lower when compared to applying for a visa at an embassy or consulate.
To apply for a Kenya visa online, you have to pay two kinds of Kenya e-visa fee, Service Fee and Government Fee respectively. In addition, you can pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance in order to increase your chance of getting your document approved and more importantly, keep your benefit.
Kenya Visa Requirements for France Citizens FAQs
Yes, as of September 2021, French citizens, along with citizens of many other countries, were eligible to obtain a visa on arrival when visiting Kenya. The visa on arrival allowed for a stay of up to 90 days for purposes such as tourism, business, or other activities. However, visa requirements can change over time, so it's essential to verify the current visa policy before traveling. We recommend checking the official website of the nearest embassy for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements for French citizens.
It is advisable to explore the better alternative of obtaining a visa online through the Kenya Immigration Services website. The online visa application process provides convenience and efficiency, saving time and potential hassle upon arrival in Kenya. By applying online, travelers can complete the necessary paperwork in advance and follow the step-by-step instructions, ensuring a smoother entry into the country.
The online application typically requires basic personal information, travel details, and supporting documents, such as a scanned passport copy and a recent photograph. Once the application is submitted and approved, the e-visa will be issued electronically, eliminating the need for a physical visa label or stamp upon arrival.
By utilizing the online visa application system, French citizens can ensure a streamlined process and have peace of mind before embarking on their journey to Kenya.
For French citizens applying for a Kenya eVisa, the Kenya Visa Fee is an essential component of the visa application process. This fee is paid to Kenya Immigration Services and the Kenya government for the evaluation and processing of the eVisa application. The specific amount of the Kenya Visa Fee varies depending on the type of visa being applied for. Here are different types of visas:
- Tourist e-visa
- Kenya Business e-visa
- Transit e-visa
- East Africa e-visa
Besides, French citizens must pay the Kenya Services Fee depending on how quickly they want to get an e-visa:
- Normal: French citizens can get an e-visa within 3 business days. This standardized service is the cheapest option.
- Urgent: French citizens can obtain an e-visa within 1 business day. An extra fee is charged for this service.
- Super Urgent: The fastest Kenya e-Visa service for applicants. It enables applicants to get a Kenya visa within 05 business hours. As a result, this is the most expensive service.
Find out the detailed fee at Kenya Visa Fees.
When making the payment for the visa application, French citizens can use the following methods:
- Credit or Debit Card: You can use a credit or debit card that meets the standards of the international financial system, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- PayPal: You can pay by credit card through PayPal for your convenience.
Any changes or inaccuracies in the application details after payment can result in delays in visa processing or may require additional fees to re-apply. Therefore, it is highly recommended to double-check all the information provided to ensure accuracy and avoid any complications during the application process.
To apply for a Kenya visa, French citizens need to provide specific documents. The application process for a Kenya e-Visa is streamlined and convenient for French nationals. The e-Visa allows for short trips to Kenya and can be obtained swiftly and effortlessly by completing the application form on the Kenya Immigration Services website. Before starting the application process, it is essential for French citizens to be aware of the required documents. The following documents are typically needed for a Kenya visa application:
- Valid passport: French citizens must possess a passport that remains valid for at least 180 days from the date of entry into Kenya.
- Passport information page: A scanned copy in color of the information page of the passport is typically required.
- Photograph: Applicants should provide at least one photograph. It is advisable to dress formally and avoid wearing accessories. The size and format may vary, so any suitable form is acceptable.
- Hotel and flight details: For any type of tourist e-Visa, French citizens may be asked to provide hotel reservations and flight details.
- Invitation letter and COI (Certificate of Incorporation): For business e-Visa purposes, additional documents such as an invitation letter from the host company and the Certificate of Incorporation (COI) of the partner company may be required. French applicants may also need to present the staff's ID.
Please note that the above list of documents is based on the provided information and may be subject to change. It is important for French citizens to refer to the official Kenya Immigration Services website or contact the nearest embassy to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the specific document requirements for a Kenya visa application.
The processing time for obtaining a Kenya visa from France can vary depending on several factors. Typically, it is advised to allow sufficient time for the visa application process to prevent any potential delays or processing fluctuations.
The estimated processing times for a Kenya e-Visa application are as follows:
- Normal processing: Under normal circumstances, it takes around 3 business days to process a Kenya e-Visa application. This option provides a reasonable timeframe for visa approval.
- Urgent processing: If you need your visa more quickly, you can choose the urgent processing option. With this choice, you can expect to receive your Kenya e-Visa within 24 hours by paying an additional fee.
- Super urgent processing: For the quickest processing time available, the super urgent processing option is offered. By paying a higher fee, you can obtain your Kenyan e-Visa in a maximum of 5 business hours. This option is the fastest but also the most expensive.
To ensure a smooth and timely visa processing experience, it is recommended that visitors from France apply for their Kenya visa well in advance of their travel dates. Applying at least one week before the intended departure date allows for any potential delays or processing fluctuations and provides peace of mind for your trip.