Check Kenya Visa requirements for French citizens
For French citizens planning to travel to Kenya, it is necessary to obtain a visa before entering the country. Fortunately, applying for a Kenya Visa is simple and straight-forward, taking less than 10 minutes in most cases. Kenya Visas for French citizens can be obtained online, no paperwork or embassy appointments needed and with an electronic visa, French tourists can visit Kenya for up to 90 days.
In this article, you will see all the information about how to get an electronic Visa to enter Kenya for business, tourist and medical treatment purposes.
1. Do French citizens Need a Visa for Kenya?
Since France is not in the exemption list, French citizens need to have a visa for Kenya, even for short stays. Travelers from France can apply for a Kenya e-Visa before departure.
A Kenya e-Visa is an authorization document that gives travelers permission to enter this country and allows French citizens to stay in the country for up to 90 days in a row for purposes of tourism, business, or medical reasons.
2. Kenya Visa for French citizens:
There are 4 main types of e-Visa for French citizens traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya tourist e-Visa: This type allows travelers to enter the country once with a validity of 90 days.
- Kenya business e-Visa: This type is intended for attending business meetings, conferences, and other similar events, and it allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days.
- Kenya Transit e-Visa: A transit visa is required for travelers who have a layover in Kenya on their way to another destination. This transit period is usually less than 3 days – 72 hours. If you have a transit visa, you can leave the airport and travel around Kenya for three days.
- East African e-Visa:This type is for ones who would take a trip to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this visa, you can visit three countries and stay there for up to 90 days, taking a Visa stamp at the entry point in Kenya.
3. What are Kenya visa requirements for French citizens?
After you've decided on Kenya as your destination, you'll need to gather all of the Kenya e-Visa requirements for French citizens. There are few things you will need before proceeding an application, including:
- Valid passport: To apply for a Kenya e-Visa, you must have a valid French passport. It should be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter the country. In addition, the French passport should have at least two blank pages for immigration stamps upon entry and exit from Kenya.
- Digital photo: All travelers must have a recent passport-sized digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: You will receive a copy of your e-Visa via email. After completing the process of obtaining a visa, we will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Don't forget to print out a physical copy before you leave.
- Proof of accommodation – A hotel confirmation or a letter from a host is adequate.
- An onward ticket – When you arrive at a Kenya border checkpoint, immigration officers may request proof of onward travel, such as a ticket back home or to your next destination.
Before submitting their application form, you should ensure things in the list meet requirements. Otherwise, it will take you more time to adjust and refill suitable documents. In case your passport is expiring soon, consider renewing a new one to avoid unwanted situations.
Payment method: After finishing your application, you will pay a total fee to complete the whole process viaVisa Card, MasterCard, American Express Card or PayPal.
According to your demand, there are 3 e-Visa application service options:
- Normal: mostly used in casual cases. You will receive your e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you have a sudden case. The waiting time is a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used when you have a rush case and need to travel in a day. The time to finish a process is a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
4. How to apply for a Kenya visa from France
To obtain a Kenya e-Visa, first thing first, you need to complete an online visa application. Travelers can get an online Kenya Visa from France in 3 simple steps.
See more information about How to get a Kenya Online Visa .
The Kenya e-Visa process is fast and simple and French citizens will receive the approved visa by email within 3 business days.
Kenya visa fees for French citizens:
The electronic visa (e-visa Kenya) can be used for both vacation and business trips to Kenya. The application process is entirely online, and the fees are lower when compared to applying for a visa at an embassy or consulate.
To apply for a Kenya visa online, you have to pay two kinds of fee, Service Fee and Government Fee respectively. In addition, you can pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance in order to increase your chance of getting your document approved and more importantly, keep your benefit.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic