Kenya visas for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo
Kenya is unique and mysterious even for African people, and people from the Democratic Republic of Congo are not an exception. Throughout recent years, the number of visitors to Kenya from the Republic of Congo is increasing gradually, thanks to the appearance of a new type of visa which is easier and faster to get, a Kenya Electronic visa (Kenya e-visa).
The closest Kenyan embassy does not require DRC nationals to obtain a consular visa in order to enter Kenya. Instead, you can apply for a visa to Kenya from Congo, and we can assist you with the online application process. In as little as two hours, you could have the travel document in your inbox.
1. Kenya visas for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo:
Kenya visas are online visas for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo that cover holidays, business trips, and medical travel treatment, and more
Kenya made it possible for residents from over 140 countries, including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, to apply for an electronic visa, as well known as an e-Visa, in order to gain entry into the country in 2015.
The approved Kenya e-visa allows citizens of the Democratic Republic of the Congo to stay in the country for up to 90 days straight.
A Kenya e-visa for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo is a single-entry e-visa.This means that each entry requires a new visa. Kenya currently lacks a multiple-entry visit visa.
Kenya e-visa application form is online. This simplifies completion and submission for processing, saving you the time and effort of visiting your local Kenya embassy.
Kenya visa types:
There are 4 main types of Kenya visas for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo entering Kenya:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: with this e-visa type, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival. It allows a single entry to Kenya. Kenya tourist e-visa permits the holder to stay in Kenya for short stays for purposes of tourism
- Kenya transit e-visa: A transit visa is issued to individuals traveling through Kenya to other destinations for a period of no more than 72 hours. Those connecting flights directly without leaving the airport don’t need to apply for transit visas. Therefore, if you need to transit through this country, you need this type of e-visa.
- Kenya business e-visa: allows its holder to enter Kenya for business purposes, as well as to visit friends and family and explore the country as a tourist in their spare time. It allows you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days and can be extended twice, for 2 and then 3 months.
- East Africa tourist e-visa: This is a joint tourist visa that allows you to travel to and within the Republics of Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for the sole purpose of tourism. An East Africa e-Visa allows you to stay in those 03 countries for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival.
2. Kenya visa requirements for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo:
Travelers are required to meet some basic requirements to be eligible to apply for a visa to Kenya from Congo. The Kenya visa requirements for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo are as follows:
- A legal Congolese passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- A scan of your passport's information page – When you fill out the application, you will be asked to submit it.
- A digital passport photo in any version
- Return flight ticket (for Transit and East Africa e-visa): This document is for verification of your destination and staying time.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): you need the following documents in case you are applying for a Kenya business e-visa: the invitation letter from an organization in Kenya, your company's COI, your staff/business card.
- E-mail address – we will send you the Kenya visa in PDF format via email, so you must have access to a valid e-mail address. Before leaving, you must print the document.
Once the traveler meets the above requirements, they can begin the online application process.
Documents that will expire earlier than 6 months after the date of arrival in Kenya will not be accepted for an e-Visa application because the passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival. In such cases, the passport must be renewed before proceeding with the application process.
Citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo with dual citizenship and multiple passports should be aware that the e-visa form must be completed with the same passport that will be used to travel to Kenya
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from the Democratic Republic of Congo
All applicants can apply for a visa to Kenya from Congo for short stays for tourism through a simple online application, eliminating the need to apply from an embassy or consulate or wait in long lines at the Kenya border to obtain a visa on arrival. The online application takes only a few minutes to complete, and applicants receive an approved visa via email.
The Kenya visa for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo is easy and straightforward, and applicants can complete the online application form from the comfort of their own home with basic personal and passport information.
The form you must fill out consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form
- Step 2: Pay the e-Visa fee to submit the application.
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get Kenya Online Visa
Once approved, you will receive an e-Visa for Kenya that is valid for one entry.
The approved Kenya visa will be linked to your Democratic Republic of the Congo passport
Kenya e-visa processing time for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo:
The Kenya visa for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo is typically delivered within three business days, though applications are frequently processed much faster. However, applications may take longer to process at times. As a result, citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo should apply for their Kenya e-visa at least four days before their intended departure date.
4. Kenya visa fees for citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo:
Kenya visa fees consist of a government fee and a service fee. The total price is very affordable and is paid as one transaction during the application process. You can pay for this e-visa with PayPal, debit/credit card, American Express, Visa, Master Cards, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account. To protect client data, payments are made through secure servers.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Travel health insurance to Kenya.
The amount of money you will spend on your Kenya service fees depends on the processing time option and the number of people the application covers that you choose when applying for a visa to Kenya from Congo
We offer three options, and you can choose the best one based on your travel plans.
- Normal: It is a basic service that can help you in getting your e-visa within three working days.
- Urgent: This service level higher and also can help you in obtaining your e-visa within 24 working hours
- Super Urgent: this e-visa type is the highest priority that can help you get your e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing your suitable type of service, you will pay your total fee in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE