Check Kenya visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens
Kenya visa for Ethiopian has now become easier than ever. They can now apply for a Kenyan e-Visa, which will allow them to obtain the visa with the touch of a finger for any kind of reason, either tourism or business.
Ethiopian citizens can now visit Kenya with a simple e-Visa and a few other necessary travel documents. Keep reading for more information about the Kenya visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens.
1. What is The Kenya e-Visa for Ethiopian?
The e-Visa for Kenya is an online Visa that has been available to travelers entering Kenya from Ethiopia since 2015. The Kenyan government launched it to make it easier for eligible passport holders to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or even medical reasons.
Nationals of Ethiopia can visit Kenya with a single entry and stay for up to 90 consecutive days with a Kenya e-Visa. Travelers should plan their trip to coincide with the dates specified on their Kenya e-Visa.
There is an exemption list that citizens from those countries will not be required to get Visa when traveling to Kenya. Unfortunately, Ethiopia is not in the list so residents of Ethiopia have to get Visa to enter this country for any reason. However, with the e-Visa system, the process for getting approved is faster and more feasible for everyone, including people from Ethiopia by only using online applications and waiting.
The Kenya e-Visa allows you to enter this country for the following purposes:
- Medical treatment
- Visiting family and friends
Travelers from Ethiopia who wish to visit Kenya for other reasons or for a longer period of time must apply for a visa at the Kenyan embassy in Ethiopia .
Types of Kenya e-Visa:
Depending on the purpose of the trip or the duration of the trip, a different type of visa is required.The types are as follows:
- Tourist e-Visa: Ethiopian citizens can only use this visa once and is valid for 90 days in a row.
- Transit e-Visa: Ethiopians who want to travel to another country but need to stop in Kenya to transit through the country must obtain a transit visa. This visa is valid for 72 hours and is issued at the immigration office of the entry port.This visa is not valid for tourism, business, or any other purpose other than transition.
- Kenya Business e-Visa: It is a single-entry travel document that allows foreigners to stay in the country for 90 days and allows them to renew their visa twice. Travelers may request a visa extension of up to 90 days.
- East Africa Tourist e-Visa: The East African Tourist visa is available to any foreigner who wishes to visit the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, or the Republic of Rwanda. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, only valid for tourism (no work is permitted) and cannot be extended.
2. What are the Kenya E-visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens?
According to Kenya E-visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens, anyone applying for this type of electronic visa as a Ethiopians citizens must possess the following:
- Valid passport issued by the government of Ethiopia, must be valid not only when the e-Visa application form is submitted, but also for at least 6 months after the holder's planned date of arrival in Kenya.
- Digital passport-standard photo: you need to submit a digital portrait picture in JPEG or PNG format that meets standard passport requirements. In addition, you need a scanned or photographed copy of your passport's biographical page as well for identification.
- Active email ID to use for all communications and issuance of the e-Visa.
- Proof of travel plans (travel bookings, hotel reservations, travel itinerary, invitation letter, etc.) and return ticket to show that you will not overstate your travel.
- Visa card/ Paypal/Mastercard/American Express that has been activated for online purchases and has sufficient funds.
Before beginning their application form,you must ensure that your paper meets these requirements. In case of having a passport set to expire soon, they must renew their travel document before applying for a Kenya Visa online.
Ethiopian citizens traveling on an e-Visa should keep their printed copies with them throughout their stay in Kenya, as Kenyan authorities may request to inspect them occasionally.
3. How to apply for Kenya e-Visa from Ethiopia?
Obtaining a Kenya e-Visa from Ethiopia is fast, straight-forward and just takes a few minutes to complete. Ethiopian passport holders can get a Visa for Kenya from Ethiopia online in 3 steps.
Read more: How to get Kenya visa online
After submitting the request, you can receive your eVisa in up to 3 business days, depending on service you choose:
- Normal: used in most casual cases. You can have your eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you do not have much time to wait for an approval and want to push the process up. You can get your eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in rush cases and you need to get Visa in a day. We can ensure you can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
In addition, the approved eVisa Kenya will be emailed to the applicant in PDF format.
Ethiopian citizens are advised to submit their eVisa request several days in advance to account for any unexpected issues.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic