Kenya eTA requirements for Ethiopian citizens in 2024
- 1. What is The Kenya eTA for Ethiopians?
- 2. What are the Kenya E-eTA requirements for Ethiopian citizens?
- 3. How to apply for Kenya eTA from Ethiopia?
- 4. Kenya eTA fees for Ethiopian citizens:
Kenya eTA for Ethiopian has now become easier than ever. They can now apply for a Kenyan eTA, which will allow them to obtain the eTA with the touch of a finger for any kind of reason, either tourism or business.
Ethiopian citizens can now visit Kenya with a simple eTA and a few other necessary travel documents. Keep reading for more information about the Kenya eTA requirements for Ethiopian citizens.
1. What is The Kenya eTA for Ethiopians?
The eTA for Kenya is an online eTA that has been available to travelers entering Kenya from Ethiopia since 2024. The Kenyan government launched it to make it easier for eligible passport holders to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or even medical reasons.
Nationals of Ethiopia can visit Kenya with a single entry and stay for up to 90 consecutive days with a Kenya eTA. Travelers should plan their trip to coincide with the dates specified on their Kenya eTA.
There is an exemption list that citizens from those countries will not be required to get eTA when traveling to Kenya. Unfortunately, Ethiopia is not in the list so residents of Ethiopia have to get eTA to enter this country for any reason. However, with the eTA system, the process for getting approved is faster and more feasible for everyone, including people from Ethiopia by only using online applications and waiting.
The Kenya eTA allows you to enter this country for the following purposes:
- Medical treatment
- Visiting family and friends
Travelers from Ethiopia who wish to visit Kenya for other reasons or for a longer period of time must apply for a eTA at the Kenyan embassy in Ethiopia.
Types of Kenya eTA:
Depending on the purpose of the trip or the duration of the trip, a different type of eTA is required.The types are as follows:
- Kenya tourist eTA: Ethiopian citizens can only use this eTA once and is valid for 90 days in a row.
- Kenya transit eTA: Ethiopians who want to travel to another country but need to stop in Kenya to transit through the country must obtain a transit eTA. This eTA is valid for 72 hours and is issued at the immigration office of the entry port.This eTA is not valid for tourism, business, or any other purpose other than transition.
- Kenya Business eTA: It is a single-entry travel document that allows foreigners to stay in the country for 90 days and allows them to renew their eTA twice. Travelers may request a eTA extension of up to 90 days.
2. What are the Kenya E-eTA requirements for Ethiopian citizens?
According to Kenya E-eTA requirements for Ethiopian citizens, anyone applying for this type of electronic eTA as a Ethiopians citizens must possess the following:
- Valid passport issued by the government of Ethiopia, must be valid not only when the eTA application form is submitted, but also for at least 6 months after the holder's planned date of arrival in Kenya.
- Digital passport-standard photo: you need to submit a digital portrait picture in JPEG or PNG format that meets standard passport requirements. In addition, you need a scanned or photographed copy of your passport's biographical page as well for identification.
- Active email ID to use for all communications and issuance of the eTA.
- Proof of travel plans (travel bookings, hotel reservations, travel itinerary, invitation letter, etc.) and return ticket to show that you will not overstate your travel.
- eTA card/ Paypal/Mastercard/American Express that has been activated for online purchases and has sufficient funds.
Before beginning their application form,you must ensure that your paper meets these requirements. In case of having a passport set to expire soon, they must renew their travel document before applying for a Kenya eTA online.
Ethiopian citizens traveling on an eTA should keep their printed copies with them throughout their stay in Kenya, as Kenyan authorities may request to inspect them occasionally.
3. How to apply for Kenya eTA from Ethiopia?
Read more: How to get Kenya eTA online
After submitting the request, you can receive your eTA in up to 3 business days, depending on service you choose:
- Normal: used in most casual cases. You can have your eTA in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you do not have much time to wait for an approval and want to push the process up. You can get your eTA in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in rush cases and you need to get eTA in a day. We can ensure you can get your eTA in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
In addition, the approved eTA Kenya will be emailed to the applicant in PDF format.
Ethiopian citizens are advised to submit their eTA request several days in advance to account for any unexpected issues.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Ethiopian citizens:
The total cost of Kenya eTA is determined by the processing speed you choose as well as the eTA fee. Expedited processing is more expensive than standard online processing.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Eritrea, you have to pay two (02) kinds of eTA fees, which are called the Service fees and Government fees.
- Normal: your Kenya eTA arrives within 3 business days
- Urgent: Your application is processed within 2 business days
- Super urgent: It will only take 5 business hours for your travel documents to be ready.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.