Check Kenya electronic visa requirements for Italian citizens
Exploring Kenya is the ideal plan for your future vacations, but you may be confused by the country's visa policy. To make trips even easier, travelers from Italy planning to visit Kenya can avail of the Kenya eVisa for Italian citizens. With the approved Kenya eVisa, Italian tourists can spend up to 90 days in Kenya.
Read on to know exactly what you need to know before traveling from Italy to Kenya with an eVisa.
1. Do Italian Citizens Require a Visa for Kenya?
Italy is one of over 200 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for a Kenya e-Visa. The Kenya e-Visa allows Italian travelers to stay for 90 consecutive days andTravelers from Italy can also extend their stay in Kenya at the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi. Kenya eVisas for Italian citizens can be extended once for a total of three months.
Kenya e-Visa Types for Italian nationals
The type of Visa required for entering Kenya depends on the visitor’s:
- Reason for visiting
- Length of stay
There are 4 main types of Visa in Kenya for foreigners:
- Kenya tourist e-Visa 90 days, Single-Entry
- Kenya business e-Visa 90 days, Single-Entry
- Kenya transit e-Visa 72 hours, Single-Entry
- East Africa e-Visa 90 days, able to travel through 3 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. You will check-in at a point of entry in Kenya first, and then can travel around 3 nations above within 90 days.
2. Kenya e-Visa Requirements for Italian citizens
To apply for a Kenya visa from Italy, it is first necessary for applicants to ensure that they meet the Kenya evisa requirements for Italian citizens, which involve having:
- Italian passport which is valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival and one blank page. Application risks being denied if the applicant's passport does not meet this criterion.
- A digital photo: It is required that all applicants submit a digital (JPEG or PNG) passport size picture with a white background. You must take the photo within six months of the day of application.
- Proof of accommodation, such as your hotel reservation.
- A return flight ticket: This simply confirms that you do not intend to overstay your visa.
- Active email address: the approved Kenya e-Visa will be sent to the email you provided.
- Method of payment: Before beginning the e-Visa application, the applicant should ensure that they have a valid Paypal, American express, Visa card or mastercard that will be used to complete the e-Visa payment.
When applicants have completed the eVisa application process, they will be notified via email. The approved Kenya visa for Italian citizens will be sent to the same email address as the eVisa application. The eVisa should be printed and presented to Kenyan immigration officials along with the traveler's passport upon arrival.
To enter Kenya on the day of travel, the applicant must use the same passport that was used to apply for the e-Visa. Because the Kenya e-Visa is electronically linked to the applicants' passports, this is the case. Applicants who hold dual citizenship should keep this in mind.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Italy
Once you have all of the necessary documents and passport validity, the process of applying for the Kenyan Tourist e-Visa will begin and It may take just under 10 minutes to complete the application without visiting a Kenyan Embassy in 3 simple steps.
Please see more details on How to get Kenya Online Visa
The Kenya e-Visa process is very simple and quick. After submitting the eVisa application, Italian citizens will have to wait between 5-72 hours in order to receive approval for e-Visa via email.
Depending on the service type you choose, waiting time will be adjusted accordingly above range:
- Normal: you will wait for a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: you just need to wait for a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: with this selection, the process will be rapid and you will get e-Visa in just a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
4. Kenya e-Visa fee for Italian citizens:
Since Italy is not in Kenya’s exemption list, people from this place need to get a Visa before entering this country for any purpose. But there is one thing that can be a good news for Italian travelers, applying for an E-Visa not only saves time for you but your effort and money too. With 100% online processing you just need to wait for a response and then enjoy your trip.
There are two main kinds of Kenya visa fees you may pay for getting a Visa: Government fee and service fee . In addition, if you want to increase your chances of getting accepted, you can choose to pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance and it is totally optional.