Kenya eTA requirements for Senegalese citizens
Except for nationals of eTA-exempt countries, all travelers crossing the Kenyan border require a eTA. Irish citizens are no exception, but if you are a Senegalese, you are eligible for Kenya eTA and can apply online. As a result, you are not required to visit the Kenya embassy in your area. Simply stay in the comfort of your own home and use our services. The entire process is done online, it takes very little time, and you can have your Kenya eTA in as little as one business day.
Learn more about Kenya's eTA requirements for Senegalese citizens by reading the information in this article.
1. Kenya eTA for Senegalese citizens:
Citizens who hold a passport from Senegal are required to hold a eTA before they set foot in Kenya. This means that there is no option for a eTA on arrival.
The good news is that applying for a Kenya eTA is simple and can be done online, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate in your home country.
The Kenya eTA for Senegalese citizens, introduced in 2015, is an authorized electronic document that allows Senegalese to travel to Kenya.
The Kenya electronic eTA is an electronic travel document that allows a single entry or multiple entries into the country depending on each type of eTA.
If you are traveling for tourism, medical treatment, or business, you must apply for a Kenya eTA.
The Kenya eTA application form is available online. This makes it simple to complete and submit for processing, saving you the time and effort of visiting a Kenya embassy in Senegal
Type of Kenya eTA:
Which eTA do you need? Learn about the four types of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: This eTA is designed for visitors who want to spend as much time as possible in Kenya. This option allows you to relax, visit friends and family, or go on a tour up to 90 days from arrival date. This single-entry eTA is valid for 90 days from the time of issue.
- Kenya transit eTA: This eTA is the preferred choice for travelers from Senegal who can only make a short foray into Kenya. The Transit eTA allows you to stay for 03 days in Kenya before departure.
- Kenya business eTA: This eTA allows you to travel for business purposes such as to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, or symposiums, or for contract negotiations or recruitment activities in Kenya. The type is a single-entry eTA with an up to 90-day stay and is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
- East Africa eTA: If Senegalese citizens want to see more of East Africa, the East Africa eTA will give you unrestricted access to not only Kenya but also Rwanda and Uganda for the duration of your 90-day stay and multiple entries within 90 days from the issued date.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Senegalese citizens:
Although the Kenyan eTA was designed with simplicity in mind, each Senegalese passport holder must still meet a number of requirements in order to complete their application. The following are the requirements for obtaining a Kenya eTA for Senegalese citizens:
- A valid Kenya passport with at least 06 months of validity with at least 02 blank pages inside. This is done so that border officials have enough room to stamp the eTA holder's passport upon arrival.
- A valid email address.
- A recent color digitized photograph: It must be clear, in color, and taken against a white background. The applicant's entire head and shoulders must be visible, as well as a neutral expression.
- The following is a basic outline of a travel itinerary: This includes proof of lodging and the cities the traveler intends to visit.
- A return ticket to Senegal or proof of subsequent travel from Kenya (for East Africa and Transit eTA): Immigration officers may request to see a return ticket (or onward travel ticket) to ensure that the traveler does not overstay their eTA.
- Business documents (for Business eTA): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card)
Senegalese need to submit a completed Kenya eTA application form and the required supporting documents. All paperwork is submitted electronically.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Senegal:
The application process for the Kenya eTA for Senegalese citizens necessitates the submission of a lengthy list of personal details. These include basic things such as your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, travel details, and passport information.
Senegalese travelers who meet the Kenya eTA requirements for Senegalese citizens can apply online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form
- Step 2: Review and confirm payment of eTA fees
- Step 3: Print out the Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
After submitting their application, travelers can expect a response time of 05 business hours to 03 business days. The traveler has 03 months after receiving the eTA to enter the country. If they do not enter Kenya within three months, their eTA will expire and they will have to apply for a new one.
Once inside Kenya, Senegalese citizens have 90 days of validity on their eTA. Should travelers want to stay longer than the original 90 days, they must apply for an extension in person at the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Senegalese citizens:
Senegalese citizens pay the eTA processing fees online using a debit or credit card, American Express, eTA Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account when making their application.
Kenya eTA fees vary depending on the type of eTA and processing times. It’s generally less expensive to apply for a eTA online than at the embassy.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online, Senegalese citizens have to pay two (02) kinds of eTA Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
When it comes to service fees, kenyaimmigration.org offers 03 options. The processing time, which is the amount of time it takes to receive your document in your email inbox, has an impact on these prices. These options are as follows:
- Normal: It’s the least expensive processing time, so you will receive your document within 03 business days.
- Urgent: This time, the price increases a little bit, so you will receive your eTA within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: As you can expect, the price increases more because this option is the fastest one. Your eTA will be yours in 05 business hours.
Kenyaimmigration.org also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.