Kenya e-eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens
- 1. Kenya eTA for East Timorese citizens:
- 2. Kenya eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens:
- 3. Applying for a Kenya eTA online from East Timor:
- 4. Kenya eTA fees for East Timorese citizens:
Most foreign nationals, including visitors with East Timorese passports, must obtain a Kenyan eTA before entering the country. Fortunately, the eTA process is simple, and East Timorese citizens can apply for an electronic eTA (e-visa) for Kenya from anywhere in the world.
More information about the application process, Kenya eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens, and everything you need to know about obtaining a Kenyan eTA from East Timor can be found in the article below.
Kenya eTA for East Timorese citizens
1. Kenya eTA for East Timorese citizens:
East Timorese are required to have a eTA before they can legally enter the Republic of Kenya.
Fortunately, obtaining a Kenyan eTA for East Timorese citizens is a quick and simple process. East Timorese nationals who are planning to visit Kenya for tourism, business, and medical reasons, or to visit friends and relatives can apply for a Kenyan eTA online in a matter of minutes on Kenya Immigration Services portal.
Kenya eTA, introduced in 2015, is a document that allows visitors to enter the Republic of Kenya. This document is linked to your passport electronically.
Kenya eTA for East Timorese citizens allows for a stay of up to 90 days in Kenya. A Kenyan eTA is valid for three months after it is issued.
The Kenya eTA application form is available online. This simplifies completion and submission for processing, saving you the time and effort of visiting your local Kenya embassy.
East Timorese citizens planning to visit Kenya for an extended period of time or relocate to Kenya for professional or academic reasons should inquire at the Kenya embassy in East Timor about which travel document is best for them.
Type of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: This is a travel eTA that allows visitors to enter Kenya only for tourism reasons. East Timorese travelers will be able to enter Kenya once and remain there for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya transit eTA: With the Transit eTA, you can stay in Kenya for up to 03 days while waiting for the next leg of your journey. This is ideal for those on a tight schedule or who anticipate a lengthy layover once in Kenya. If you want to visit Kenya for a shorter period of time, you can get a Transit eTA right here!
- Kenya business eTA: It allows you to stay for up to 90 days for business purposes, such as attending a meeting or an exhibition. The eTA is valid for 90 days after it is issued, and the traveler must leave Kenya before the eTA expires. eTA extensions can be requested while in Kenya, but there will be additional fees.
- East Africa eTA: This is the ultimate travel eTA. Get the East Africa eTA if you want to see as much of East Africa as possible! You can visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda with the East Africa eTA. You are free to enter and exit these countries until the end of your 90-day stay. Apply for an eTA to East Africa today!
2. Kenya eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens:
As with most eTA applications, you must meet Kenya’s basic eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens.
When filling out the form, you should have the following items on hand to save time:
- East Timorese passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya. At least two blank pages in your passport for entry and exit stamps in Kenya.
- A Passport-style photograph of the applicant
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- Email address – Your eTA will be sent to you via email, so ensure that you introduce a valid email address to which you have access.
- A confirmed stay in the country (hotel booking or similar) that serves as proof of travel to Kenya as well as an onward ticket
- To apply for a Kenya business eTA, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
You will also be asked questions about your personal circumstances and travel plans. This may include questions about your plans to leave Kenya, and where you will stay in the country.
If your East Timorese passport is stolen, damaged, or lost before you travel to Kenya, you must apply for a new eTA to Kenya that is linked to your new passport. This is also true if your travel dates change.
Kenya eTA requirements for East Timorese citizens
3. Applying for a Kenya eTA online from East Timor:
East Timorese citizens can apply online for a Kenya eTA. You must fill out a simple questionnaire with your personal information.
The Kenya eTA application form can be completed on any internet-connected computer or device. There is no need to travel anywhere to file paperwork.
To complete the Kenya eTA application, East Timorese citizens must provide the following information:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, gender, and nationality)
- Passport number
- Travel plans (dates of travel, flight tickets, accommodation address)
East Timorese citizens can get their Kenya tourist eTA in 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya eTA form with necessary details.
- Step 2: Review all data provided in the previous step and pay the Kenya processing fee
- Step 3: Await eTA approval and receive your eTA in your email inbox in a maximum of 03 business days.
Read more: How to a Kenya eTA online
Applicants from East Timor should carefully read their answers on the eTA form. If they make any errors or mistakes, they will be unable to edit them once the form is delivered, which may cause delays in their approval.
During the application process, they should also use the same passport that they will use during their visit to Kenya. This is significant for East Timorese residents who have dual nationality or who have had to replace their passports following their application.
How will I receive my Kenya eTA for East Timorese citizens:
The approved Kenya eTA will be emailed to East Timorese citizens to the address specified in the online application.
The Kenya eTA typically takes 05 to 72 hours to process. However, due to high volumes of applications or delays caused by errors in the information provided, it may take some time.
East Timorese travelers should submit their applications at least 07 working days before their trip.
Bring a paper copy of the eTA with you to Kenya in case border control officers request it.
4. Kenya eTA fees for East Timorese citizens:
Kenya eTA fees for East Timorese citizens
The cost of Kenya's electronic eTA is one of the most frequently expressed concerns. With Kenya immigration services, applicants have three available options when it comes to processing time and this will determine the price. The three options are:
- Normal: If you are not in a hurry, this is an excellent choice. Your application will be processed within 72 hours.
- Urgent: if you want your application a little faster, you can select this option. Your eTA will arrive in your email inbox within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: If you are in a hurry, this is the best option for you. In just 5 hours, your eTA will be ready.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from East Timor, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Kenya eTA Fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.