Kenya visa requirements for Moldovan citizens
Traveling has never been simpler than ever before. A distance of over 3000 km can be covered in a matter of hours. Flight tickets have never been more affordable. However, it is no secret that each country has implemented some form of visa policy in recent years.
The increased tourism would make it impossible for embassies to manage the number of regular visa applications that would flood their offices. That is why the Kenyan government has devised a solution that allows each visitor to obtain an online authorization rather than the traditional one that must be inserted into the applicant's passport.
Kenya e visa for Moldovan citizens has been modernized as well. Each Moldovan citizen that would like to enter Kenya has the luxury of applying for an e-visa online. The entire procedure takes only a few minutes to complete. There is no need to fill out any additional records with data, just send physical documents through the mail without leaving your house.
The only thing you'll need to bring with you to Kenya is a device with Internet access. If you have no further questions, you can submit your application at Kenya Immigration Services right now.
Kenya e-visa for Moldovan nationals
1. Kenya e-visa for Moldovan citizens:
Before traveling to Kenya, holders of Moldovan passports must obtain a valid visa. On September 1, 2015, Kenya's online e-Visa application was launched. The electronic visa is available to passport holders from over 150 eligible countries, including Moldova, allowing Moldovan nationals to apply for and receive visas in a matter of days from the comfort of their homes or handheld devices.
The Kenya e-Visa for Moldovan citizensF is a type of electronic visa that allows you to travel to Kenya. It allows citizens of eligible countries to travel to Kenya for short-term stays for tourism, business, or medical reasons. It will not be necessary for the applicant of Moldova to be physically present at the local embassy or consulate.
The new system provides a single-entry travel permit that is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance and can be extended once in Kenya.
Type of Kenya e visas:
There are 4 main types of visas for Moldovan citizens traveling to Kenya. You can find an outline of the 4 visa types below.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you want to visit Kenya for up to three months, the Tourist e-Visa is ideal. This type of visa does not permit business or study. The tourist visa allows Moldovan citizens to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days and allows only one entry. Simply apply online using our secure and quick verification process to cross another item off your to-do list.
- Kenya transit e-visa: The Transit e-Visa allows you to leave the airport and stay in Kenya for up to three days. Please keep in mind that it is not required if you are taking a connecting flight (as long as you do not leave the airport). This visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
- Kenya business e-visa: Kenya's economy has grown year after year as technology has advanced and knowledge has increased. Kenya's society and physical infrastructure are relatively developed when compared to neighboring countries, making it an ideal location for large corporations seeking to expand into the African market. If your company sends you to Kenya to explore new business opportunities, attend meetings, or attend exhibitions. You should apply for a Business e-visa which is valid for 90 days, and you may stay for up to 90 days.
- East Africa e-visa: If you want to see what East Africa has to offer, this is the way to go. This e-Visa allows you to visit Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya, ensuring that you have a rich experience in the region within 90 days. The Kenya e-visa for Moldovan citizens is valid for 90 days after arrival.
2. Kenya e visa requirements for Moldovan citizens:
The first requirement for applying for an online visa is internet access. The request can be made from the comfort of one's own home, office, or handheld device. Checking the Kenya visa requirements online for Moldovan citizens will assist travelers in avoiding complications and errors on their application forms.
Kenya e-visa requirements for Moldovan travelers
Moldovan passport holders must meet certain basic visa requirements in order to visit Kenya. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Moldovan passport valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya, which must show the biographical data and also have at least 2 blank pages.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and send it when Kenyaimmigration.org asks that of you.
- Proof of onward or return ticket from Kenya
- Basic travel itinerary such as hotel booking and travel plans.
- A passport-style photograph of the candidate. The photo can be attached to the application along with a copy of the passport's biographical page, or it can be sent by email later.
- Email address to receive the approved Kenya visa
- To obtain a business e-Visa, you must submit an invitation with a company COI.
- An host ID card and an invitation letter from your next of kin or friends living in Kenya.
Depending on the type of visa required by a Moldovan citizen, additional supporting documents may be required. Applicants must specify the reason(s) for their trip to Kenya when filling out the form. They may then be asked to facilitate specific documents and information. These are meant to back up what the traveler has stated in the form.
This supporting documentation may also be required upon arrival in Kenya at border control. Make sure you have all the necessary documents with you when you apply and when you cross the border.
3. How to get a Kenya e visa for Moldovan citizens:
Steps to obtain Kenya e-visa for Moldovan citizens
The application for a Kenya e-Visa for Moldovan citizens should be completed in less than one hour. In addition to the information in the preceding section, the application will request information about your residence, your full name as it appears on your passport, and some additional security questions. It is critical that these questions are answered correctly, as any incorrect information may result in a delayed or denied visa for Kenya
Moldovan citizens can get a Kenya visa in 3 steps:
Step 1: Complete the Kenya e-visa form from Moldova
Step 2: Pay the Kenya visa fees and submit the request
Step 3: Receive the approved e-Visa for Kenya by email
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
Once the application is submitted, the typical wait time for a response is 1 to 4 days, though the visa may be issued in as little as 5 to 72 business hours in some cases. It is best not to leave anything to chance and to apply early.
After receiving the e-Visa via email, travelers must print a hard copy of their Kenyan visa and bring it with them to their Kenyan port of entry. As an added measure of security, border officials will ask to verify that your records match theirs. Besides, you can also apply to get a regular visa at the Kenya Embassy in Moldova for other purposes such as study, employment, etc.
4. Kenya e visa fees for Moldovan citizens:
The price of the Kenya visa for Moldovan citizens depends on the type of visa they require. In general, electronic visas are less expensive than traditional embassy visas.
The total cost of the e-Visa depends on whether the traveler selects standard or priority service, as well as the type of visa. The total cost is calculated and displayed on the payment page. Moldovan e-Visa applicants can securely pay the Kenya visa fee online using a credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, and PayPal.
To apply for a Kenya visa online from Moldova, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance to help you cover your treatment fee in the hospital when you are abroad.
With kenyaimmigration.com, you can select one of the three options listed below. Keep in mind that the cost of your e-Visa is determined by the processing time you choose:
- Normal: It is the most cost-effective method for getting your documents in 3 business days.
- Urgent: This method may allow you to access the document more quickly. The price is also higher. The process will take 1 business day to receive an e-visa.
- Super urgent: Despite its high cost, this option ensures that you receive your document as soon as possible within just only 5 business hours.