Kenya eTA requirements for Honduran citizens in 2024
The Kenyan Government has noted a significant increase in the number of visitors. Making an appointment with the embassy to apply for a regular travel authorization used to be required.
It used to take months for an applicant to receive a final decision on a standard eTA application. If the government determined that the applicant needed to provide additional information or documentation during the process, you had to either make an appointment with an embassy or mail them.
It was necessary to make changes to the previously used method of eTA policy.
The Kenyan Government implemented an online application system a few years ago. Thankfully, thanks to this innovation, the entire process of applying for a eTA only takes a few minutes to complete, and you won't need anything other than a device with Internet access.
If you have no further questions, you can already apply for a Kenyan eTA for Honduran citizens by following the instructions in this article.
Kenya eTA for Honduran citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Honduran citizens:
The Kenya eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) has replaced the Kenya eVisa effective 1st January 2024
Visitors from over 150 countries, including South Africa, can use the Kenya eTA system to apply for a Kenya eTA online.
A Kenya eTA for Hondurans is simple to obtain. The procedure is simpler and faster than obtaining a traditional eTA. It takes only a few minutes from home or the office, and there is no need to visit the local Kenyan embassy or consulate.
The Kenyan electronic travel authorization is one type of eTA that grants authorized entry into the country in the same way that a regular eTA does but through an electronic system.
Kenya eTA for Honduran citizens allows for a single entry in Kenya for 90 days. This eTA for Kenya permits the holders to stay in Kenya for short stays for purposes of tourism, recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment, or casual business visit.
Those wishing to relocate from Honduras to Kenya for work or stay for an extended period of time will require a traditional long-term eTA. These eTA are usually applied for through the Kenya embassy in Honduras in person.
Type of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: The Tourist eTA is designed for visitors who want to spend as much time as possible in Kenya. This option allows you to relax, visit friends and family, or go on a tour. In the beautiful attractions of Kenya, you'll have 90 days in the country to do whatever you want. This single-entry eTA is valid for 90 days from the date the eTA is issued.
- Kenya business eTA: If you are traveling to Kenya on business, you will need a Kenya business eTA. With the use of a Kenya eTA, you can stay in the country for a total of 90 days from the arrival date. This is a document with a single entry.
- Kenya transit eTA: This is the recommended method. An eTA is the best option for Hondurans who can only visit Kenya for a short period of time. The Transit eTA allows you to spend 03 days in Kenya before departing.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Honduran citizens:
Kenya eTA requirements for Honduran citizens
Before starting the application process, you need to make sure that you fulfill the Kenya eTA requirements for Honduran citizens set by the Kenya Government. These eTA conditions include:
- Honduran passport valid for a minimum of 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya and with at least 02 blank page
- A digital copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Digital passport photo – It is recommended that the photo be as recent as possible and adhere to the passport photo format criteria.
- Return flight ticket or proof of onward travel
- Because all correspondence, including the digital copy of the eTA, will be sent via email, you must provide an email address.
- For Business eTA: To get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company certificate of incorporation, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
In addition, Honduran applicants need to have a stable internet connection and a mobile device such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer.
3. How to get a Kenya eTA for Honduran citizens:
Once applicants have met all of the above requirements, the application process for a Kenya eTA online from Honduras can begin.
Honduran citizens need to fill out an application form and provide personal information such as their name, date of birth, and country of citizenship. Passport information, such as passport number, is also requested.
The eTA application process for entering Kenya can be completed quickly using any mobile device (phone, tablet, computer).
From start to finish, the Kenya eTA application takes less than 15 minutes and can be completed from anywhere in the world. There is no requirement to be in Honduras at the time of application.
Travelers who meet the Kenya eTA requirements for Honduran citizens can apply online in 3 steps:
Step 1: Fill out the online application form
Step 2: Pay the Kenya eTA fee for Honduran citizens
Step 3: Receive the approved Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get a Kenya online eTA
To finish the Kenya eTA application, you must provide some basic information, such as:
- Information for the eTA (number of eTA, type of eTA, processing time)
- Personal information (full name, date of birth, citizenship)
- Passport number
- Travel plans (dates of travel, ticket confirmation)
Travelers can then submit their applications and wait for approximately 5 to 72 business hours to receive their approved eTA in their email inbox.
How to get a Kenya eTA for Honduran citizens
4. Kenya eTA fees for Honduran citizens:
Honduran citizens pay the eTA processing fees online using a debit or credit card when making their application. Kenya eTA fees vary depending on types of eTA and the processing time.
It’s generally less expensive to apply for a eTA online than at the embassy.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Honduras, you must pay two (2) types of Kenya eTA Fees: Kenya service fees and Kenya government fees.
Kenya Immigration Services has created three options for all kinds of travelers. To put together the best trip, you can choose a type of processing that fits your budget and time constraints.
- Normal: By selecting this option your eTA will be processed in 03 Business Days
- Urgent: Your Kenyan eTA will be delivered to you in just 1 business day, but the cost will be higher.
- Super urgent: If you are in a hurry, you can choose this option and receive your electronic eTA in as little as 05 hours.