Kenya visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
Kenya received over 5 million international visitors in 2015, including visitors from Bhutan who came to the East African country for tourism and sightseeing. Due to an increasing number of international visitors, the Kenyan government launched the online Kenya e-Visa system to help facilitate tourist arrivals.
Bhutanese citizens are among the eligible nationals who can apply online and receive the Kenya e-Visa electronically into their email address, saving time and money because Bhutanese applicants do not need to arrange meetings with an embassy or consulate to obtain a visa to Kenya.
In this article, travelers will find all the information they need about getting a Kenya e-visa for Bhutanese citizens.
Kenya e-visa for Bhutanese citizens
1. Kenya e visa for Bhutanese citizens:
If you're from Bhutan, then chances are you need a visa to enter some countries, including Kenya. That is why you can obtain a Kenya e-visa in a matter of minutes. This document allows you to legally travel to and from Kenya, and the best part is that it is linked to your passport.
The Kenya e-visa is a pre-travel document that allows you to travel to Kenya electronically. This document is linked to your passport, but having a printed copy on hand in case of an emergency is always recommended.
The Kenya e-visa for Bhutanese citizens is issued for short-term stays for tourism, business, and transit purposes. The Kenya e-visa is obtained through an online application in which each applicant must submit a number of personal details and documents, as well as pay the application fee.
The process has been designed to be thorough, but it should take at most a half hour to complete, and it eliminates the need for Bhutanese to visit or send documents to Kenya's embassy in Bhutan.
Type of Kenya e-visas:
There are four types of Kenya e-Visas available to Bhutanese citizens:
- Kenya tourist e-visas: Visitors to Kenya will be issued a tourist e-visa that is valid for 3 months after the date of entry. This electronic visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and it allows only one entry to Kenya.
- Kenya business e-visas: This is an ideal option which is valid for 90 days from the issuance date if you have been invited to a conference in Kenya or if you want to do business in the country but your stay cannot exceed 90 days.
- Kenya transit e-visas: This is a special visa issued for people who have connections to other destinations through Kenya for a period of no more than 72 hours and are only in transit.
- East African e visas: With the East African visa, you can visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda all with the same multiple-entry visa. It is valid for 90 days and allows Bhutanese citizens to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days.
2. Kenya e visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
The process of obtaining a Kenya e visa for Bhutanese citizens is simple. The entire procedure is carried out online on Kenya Immigration Services website and is intended to be completed quickly. Each applicant for a Kenya e-Visa must meet specific requirements, which include the following:
- A Bhutanese passport with six months of validity remaining from the date they enter Kenya. In addition, the passport must have more than 2 blank sheets of paper left for stamping.
- A scanned copy of the passport information page that clearly displays the photograph and relevant information.
- A current email address to receive the e-Visa approval.
- A digital photograph in any format.
- A company COI, staff ID card, and invitation letter from a partner company will also be required for the business e-visa.
- Travel itineraries such as hotel reservations and flight tickets.
Please note: The passport must be valid for a minimum period of 6 months after the intended date of arrival. If the passport is set to expire before that time, it is recommended that Bhutanese applicants renew their travel documents before applying. Bhutanese citizens who have dual citizenship must enter Kenya with the same passport they used when applying for the e-Visa. Otherwise, the entry might be denied.
3. How to get a visa for Kenya from Bhutan:
Applying for a Kenya visa online from Bhutan is extremely simple and convenient. Travelers can use an application form to quickly fill out personal and passport information.
- Personal details (full name, gender, date of birth, place of birth)
- Passport details
- Date of arrival and departure in Kenya
Next, travelers must pay the e-Visa fee with a debit or credit card, American Express, Visa Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer by Bank of Cyprus.
Finally, after the e-visa is approved, the result will be sent to travelers’ email boxes. You must print at least one copy of the e-Visa to present upon arrival.
Read more: How to apply for a Kenya visa online
How to get a visa for Kenya from Bhutan
What should Bhutanese applicants do after receiving the Kenya eVisa?
Bhutanese applicants are asked to send a copy of their passport's biographical page and a recent passport-style photo via email once they have received their electronic visa. These documents can also be attached during the application process. After receiving the electronic visa, Bhutanese visitors should print the e-Visa for Kenya and present it to the immigration official at the border crossing.
Kenya online visa processing time for Bhutanese citizens:
The Kenya e-visa processing time is one to three business days for most Bhutanese travelers. eVisa approval may take up to 5 business days in some cases due to incorrect information. Bhutanese nationals should keep in mind that errors and omissions on the application form may result in delays or even the refusal of a Kenya e visa.
4. Kenya e visa fee for Bhutanese citizens:
The Kenya e-Visa cost consists of a government fee and a processing fee. The total cost is very low and is paid in a single transaction during the application process. To protect client data, payments are made through secure servers. The total cost of the e-Visa is determined by whether the traveler chooses standard or Rush Visa service. On the payment page, the total cost is calculated and displayed.
Kenya Immigration Services provide three processing options, each with a faster processing time. To give you a better idea of the price, keep in mind the following:
- Normal: You will receive your visa application within 3 days from submission.
- Urgent: You will get your visa application within 1 day from submission.
- Super urgent: You will get your visa application within 5 hours from submission.
Besides, Kenya immigration services also provide service packages to help customers have a great trip and ensure safety such as Kenya travel insurance, Kenya eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.