Kenya eTA requirements for Colombian citizens in 2024
Kenya is one of the countries chosen by Colombians who want to explore the African jungle and learn about its fauna and flora. If you are one of them, you will need to apply for a Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens. It is a special travel permit that allows you to remain in the country and pursue your travel goals. Fortunately, Colombian citizens can now apply for a eTA online through kenyaimmigration.org.
Check more details about the Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens in our article below.
1. Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens:
The Kenyan electronic travel authorization is available to citizens of a wide range of countries, including Colombia. As a result, because Colombia is on the list of eligible countries, its citizens can apply for an eTA to visit Kenya.
This also means that Colombian nationals cannot enter Kenya without a eTA at this time.
A Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens is designed for single entry or multiple entries and is valid for up to 90 consecutive days from the issued date.
The online eTA for KENYA can be used for visits for tourism, leisure, visiting family, business activities and medical treatment.
The Kenya eTA process is fast and efficient. Colombian applicants do not need to go to a Kenya embassy or attend an interview.
To visit Kenya for other purposes, Colombian travelers are required to contact the Kenya Embassy in Colombia
Type of Kenya eTA:
There are 3 main types of eTA for Colombians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya tourist eTA: Applying for a Kenya tourist eTA for Colombians allows you to get a maximum validity of 90 days after being issued. This allows a single entry and to stay in Kenya for up to 90 consecutive days.
- Kenya business eTA: is an online electronic eTA that allows stays of up to 90 days in Kenya for business activities.
- Kenya transit eTA: The transit eTA allows Albanians to visit Uganda for up to 72 hours. If you have a connecting flight from Uganda to another destination and want to have a short trip, this is a great option.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Colombian citizens:
To meet the Kenya eTA requirements for Colombian citizens, applicants must have a:
- Having a valid Colombian passport with a minimum validity period of 6 months from the intended date of entry. The passport must have at least 02 blank pages for entry-exit stamps.
- Uploading a passport-style photo in accordance with the government's guidelines
- A valid email address so that the final decision can be sent via email
- A recent photo was taken on a white background with a passport size.
- Proof of onward or return travel tickets.
- Business documents (for Business eTA): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
If a Colombian citizen has dual citizenship, they must apply for a Kenya online eTA using the same passport they intend to travel with. The Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens is linked to both the passenger and the specific passport.
Some vaccinations are needed before entering Kenya, and nationals of Colombia are advised to visit a doctor week prior to their trip.
While all of these eTA requirements are basic, it is important that an applicant meets all terms and conditions prior to beginning the application process to avoid delays.
3. How to apply for a Kenya online eTA from Colombia:
Colombians can apply for a Kenya-eTA online from anywhere in the world, including in the comfort of their own homes, thanks to the electronic system. Colombian passport holders will no longer be required to wait in line at an embassy. It is a simple way for anyone to apply for a eTA.
All applicants need to do is ensure they have a working internet connection, complete the Kenyan eTA online application form, and simply wait for the eTA approval to arrive directly in their inbox.
Travelers can get a Kenya eTA for Colombian citizens in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Kenya eTA form for Colombian citizens.
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya eTA fees and submit the request.
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya eTA.
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that the submitted information is free of errors and misleading information, as this can result in the eTA being delayed or even rejected.
All communication and notifications for the Kenya eTA will be sent via email. Once the Kenya eTA has been confirmed, applicants will receive an electronic copy via email.
Kenya eTA processing is fast and efficient. Most Colombian travelers receive the approved permit within 05 to 72 business hours of submitting a request.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Colombian citizens:
The Kenya eTA is a cost-effective option for Colombians as they do not need to make trips to the embassy. The entire process is online.
Kenya eTA fees are paid securely online using a debit or credit card, eTA card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
The cost of your Kenya eTA depends on two main things: the eTA type and the processing time.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Colombia, you have to pay two (02) kinds of eTA Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
For Kenya service fees, kenyaimmigration.org also provides 03 options for processing time:
- Normal: For travelers that plan ahead of time, this is a perfect option. Your eTA application will be ready within 3 business days.
- Urgent: If you want your application much quicker, you can select this option. Your eTA will arrive in your e-mail inbox within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: This is the fastest option there is! You will get your Kenya eTA in 5 business hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.