Kenya visa requirements for Mozambican citizens
It’s time for you to prepare your luggage and get ready to visit Kenya! If you hold a Mozambican passport, you are one of the 40 countries eligible for a Kenya e-Visa. As a result, there is no need to visit the Kenya embassy or consulate. The Kenya e-visa is available through an online form, so you can apply from the comfort of your own home!
To apply for a Kenya e-Visa online, all you need is a laptop or smartphone. Furthermore, if you use kenyaimmigration.org, you can have your document ready in as little as 30 minutes.
However, we understand that you may have additional questions about the Kenya visa for Mozambican citizens, such as the requirements and the cost, so don't worry, we've got your back this time by providing you with the following information.
1. Kenya e-visa for Mozambican citizens:
All Mozambican passport holders have required a visa when traveling to Kenya. In this sense, the Kenya electronic visa can be used to enter the country for a variety of reasons, including tourism, business, transit, and medical reasons.
The application form can be completed in 15 minutes or less, making the process simple and quick. The Kenya e-visa for Mozambican citizens has a 03-month validity period from the date of issue.
Type of Kenya e-visas:
The Kenyan e-Visa is a system established by the Kenyan government to encourage visitors from all over the world to visit the country. As a result, it also provides a variety of e-Visas to meet the various travel needs that people may have. There are four main types of Kenyan visas that visitors can obtain:
- Kenyan Tourist e-Visa: suitable for people who want to visit the country in order to participate in tourist activities. Mozambican citizens can stay for up to 90 days from the arrival date with only a single entry.
- Kenya business e-visa: for Mozambicans interested in conducting business in the country. Mozambican nationals with an e-Visa can enter Kenya a single time and stay for up to 90 days.
- Kenya transit e-visa: You don't want to spend too much time in Kenya, do you? You can still visit and see some of the country's most beautiful sights. The Transit E-Visa allows you to stay in Kenya for up to three days, making it ideal for anyone with a long layover or a tight schedule.
- East Africa E-Visa: If you want to see what East Africa has to offer, this is the way to go. This e-Visa allows you to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, ensuring that you have a rich experience in the region. With this visa, you can enter these 03 countries as many times as you wish within 03 months from the issued date and stay there for up to 90 days each time.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Mozambican citizens:
You will be pleased to learn that the Kenya e-visa requirements for Mozambican citizens are easy to fulfill, and you may already have some necessary things. Here is a list of the documents and information you need for the online application process:
- A valid Mozambican passport. There must be a minimum validity of at least 6 months when entering Kenya with at least 02 blank pages available inside to receive exit/entry stamps at the Kenyan border.
- A digital photo in JPEG or PNG format: For the visa application, the applicant must provide a recently taken photo (passport size). This photo should be taken in color against a white background. The applicant's photo should be taken within 6 months of submitting the visa application.
- E-mail address: Your Kenya e-Visa will be electronically linked to your passport, but you will still need a copy to show at the Kenyan immigration office. We will email you a PDF version of your e-Visa. Please ensure that you provide us with a valid address so that we can deliver it to you safely.
- Proof of onward travel (for East Africa and Transit e-visa): You need to provide all your tickets to verify the entry point and landing-leaving time.
- Travel plans shared. This may include submitting information about lodging, cities to be visited, and/or activities planned in the country.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
It is important to meet all the mentioned requirements to be able to obtain a visa online. If one or more of these requirements are not fulfilled, Mozambicans can still apply for a tourist visa in person at a Kenya Embassy in Mozambique .
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Mozambique:
To apply for a Kenya online visa, nationals of Mozambique must fill out the application form, upload the required documents, and pay the processing fee. They will be asked to provide the following details in their application form:
- Full name, gender, date, place of birth and nationality
- Date of arrival and departure
- Passport number
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
Mozambican travelers should check all the information carefully before paying the fee and submitting the request. Any mistakes or missing information could cause processing delays.
After submitting the application, Mozambican travelers can expect to receive the approved visa for Kenya for Mozambican nationals within 05 business hours to 03 business days.
Mozambican travelers should then print a copy of the Kenya e-Visa and present it to immigration officers at the Kenyan border, along with the same passport they used to fill out the online form.
4. Kenya visa fees for Mozambican citizens:
Mozambicans tourists who apply online can pay the Kenya visa fees securely by debit or credit card, Visa, American, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
The Kenya e-Visa cost consists of a government fee and a service fee. The service fees for Mozambican citizens vary depending on the type of permit and processing time. Mozambican travelers have 03 available options when it comes to processing time with different pricing.
The 03 options are:
- Normal: If you are not in a hurry, this is an excellent choice. Your application will be processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: If you want your application a little faster, you can select this option. Your visa will arrive in your email inbox within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: This is the fastest processing, Your visa will be ready in just 05 business hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.