Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens
Kenya is an East African country. This is the best place to experience African wildlife. Many people refer to Kenya as the "Land of Five," referring to the elephant, lion, leopard, rhinoceros, and buffalo. Nairobi is the capital city, and all five of these wild animals can be found in the Nairobi National Park. In addition, you can visit Maasai Mara National park and Amboseli National park.
To travel to Kenya from Australia, you must first obtain a visa. Thankfully it is quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Kenya Visa for Australian citizens online.
In this article, visitors from Australia will find useful information on applying for the electronic Visa, including the Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens and how to apply for a Kenya visa from Australia.
1. Do Australians Need a Visa for Kenya?
Yes, if you are an Australian citizen, you are required to get a visa to visit Kenya, according to Kenyan government policy. Fortunately, travelers from Australia can save time by applying for an electronic Visa online. The Kenyan government has been offering the Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens since 2015 as a way to expedite the visa application process.
The Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens is a single-entry visa that allows the holder to stay in Kenya for 90 days in a row, with the option to extend that period by another 90 days if desired (once in Kenya).
Australians who travel to Kenya on an e-Visa will be able to use it immediately after it is issued, and it will be valid for three months.
The Kenyan e-Visa is faster and easier to obtain than a traditional Visa because it can be obtained entirely online, eliminating the need to visit a Kenyan embassy in Australia .
There are several types of e-Visa for Kenya. However, in this article, you will have information about 4 main types of visas for Australians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya Tourist e-visa: This visa allows the applicant to enter the country only once but stay for up to 90 days.
- Transit e-visa: A transit visa is for travelers who will be passing through Kenya on their way to another country. This transit period is usually less than 3 days – 72 hours.
- Business e-visa: The Kenyan Business E-Visa allows a variety of foreign nationals to enter Kenya for business purposes. It is a single-entry travel document that allows foreigners to stay in the country for 90 days and allows them to renew their visa twice. Eligible nationalities may apply for a 90-day visa extension.
- East Africa Tourist e-Visa: One of the best things about the East African Tourist Visa is that travelers can visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda with just one visa. All applicants who qualify for the East African Tourist visa can visit the 3 nations multiple times with one entry time at the check-in point in Kenya. The visa will be valid for 90 days.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens
There are few Kenya e-Visa requirements for Australian citizens, including:
- Valid passport: Every Australian citizen must have a valid passport in order to enter Kenya. Please keep in mind that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya and has at least 2 blank pages for getting stamped. Otherwise, the application for a Kenya visa for Australian citizens may be denied.
- Digital Photo: All applicants must have a recent passport-size digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format). Please ensure that the photo is 35 mm x 45 mm in size and has a white background.
- An active email address to receive the PDF travel document. After the application is processed, the approved evisa for Kenya is sent to the email address given.
- Additional documents for application may include a Yellow Fever vaccination card, travel bookings, hotel reservations, travel itinerary, invitation letter, etc. Moreover, you can add your COVID-19 insurance to increase your chance of getting approved and more importantly, keep your benefit in every situation.
In case of an emergency, you just need to show proof of travel intention, like a special invitation letter or medical document, return tickets and accommodation information.
3. How to apply for Kenya Visa from Australia and Visa fee information:
The Kenya e-Visa for Australian nationals can be applied in minutes. Travelers can obtain a Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens in 3 simple steps, which is simple and easy to follow.
Read more: How to get a Kenya online Visa .
Australia’s e-Visa application can be proceeded within 3 business days. However, you should submit their application at least 4 days before the intended arrival date in Kenya. Nevertheless, in some specific circumstances, you do not have enough preparation time due to your rush trip, do not worry because we can help by giving you 3 e-Visa application options:
- Normal: used in usual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. We can ensure that you will get a Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you are in a hurry. To be specific, we can help you get a Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies. We warrant that you just need to wait for 5 business hours to get your Visa.
Once approved, the Kenya e-Visa will be sent to the provided email address and when you receive that, remember to print it and bring with you to the trip. As usual, there are 2 kinds of cost you need to pay to finish the process, namely Government fee and Service fee.
Payment method: electronic transaction or wire transfer. You have various choices, such as Visa, Master Card, American Express or Paypal.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic