Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens
- Do Australians Need a Visa for Kenya?
- Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Australian Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Australian Citizens Currently Available
- Apply Kenya Visa For Australian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Australian Citizens
- Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in Australia
Kenya is an East African country. This is the best place to experience African wildlife. Many people refer to Kenya as the "Land of Five," referring to the elephant, lion, leopard, rhinoceros, and buffalo. Nairobi is the capital city, and all five of these wild animals can be found in the Nairobi National Park. In addition, you can visit Maasai Mara National park and Amboseli National park.
To travel to Kenya from Australia, you must first obtain a visa. Thankfully it is quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Kenya Visa for Australian citizens online.
In this article, visitors from Australia will find useful information on applying for the electronic Visa, including the Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens, visa fees and how to apply for a Kenya visa from Australia.
Kenya visa for Australian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from Australia?
Do Australians Need a Visa for Kenya?
Yes, if you are an Australian citizen, you are required to get a visa to visit Kenya, according to Kenyan government policy. Fortunately, travelers from Australia can save time by applying for an electronic Visa online. The Kenyan government has been offering the Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens since 2015 as a way to expedite the visa application process.
The Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens is a single-entry visa that allows the holder to stay in Kenya for 90 days in a row, with the option to extend that period by another 90 days if desired (once in Kenya).
Australians who travel to Kenya on an e-Visa will be able to use it immediately after it is issued, and it will be valid for three months.
The Kenyan e-Visa is faster and easier to obtain than a traditional Visa because it can be obtained entirely online, eliminating the need to visit a Kenyan embassy in Australia.
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Australian Citizens
There are few Kenya eVisa requirements for Australian citizens, including:
- Valid passport: Every Australian citizen must have a valid passport in order to enter Kenya. Please keep in mind that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya and has at least 2 blank pages for getting stamped. Otherwise, the application for a Kenya visa for Australian citizens may be denied.
- Digital Photo: All applicants must have a recent passport-size digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format). Please ensure that the photo is 35 mm x 45 mm in size and has a white background.
- An active email address to receive the PDF travel document. After the application is processed, the approved evisa for Kenya is sent to the email address given.
- Additional documents for application may include a Yellow Fever vaccination card, travel bookings, hotel reservations, travel itinerary, invitation letter, etc. Moreover, you can add your COVID-19 insurance to increase your chance of getting approved and more importantly, keep your benefit in every situation.
In case of an emergency, you just need to show proof of travel intention, like a special invitation letter or medical document, return tickets and accommodation information.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Australian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Australian Citizens Currently Available
There are several types of e-Visa for Kenya. However, in this article, you will have information about 4 main types of visas for Australians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya Tourist e-visa: This visa allows the applicant to enter the country only once but stay for up to 90 days.
- Transit e-visa: A transit visa is for travelers who will be passing through Kenya on their way to another country. This transit period is usually less than 3 days – 72 hours.
- Business e-visa: The Kenyan Business E-Visa allows a variety of foreign nationals to enter Kenya for business purposes. It is a single-entry travel document that allows foreigners to stay in the country for 90 days and allows them to renew their visa twice. Eligible nationalities may apply for a 90-day visa extension.
- East Africa Tourist e-Visa: One of the best things about the East African Tourist Visa is that travelers can visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda with just one visa. All applicants who qualify for the East African Tourist visa can visit the 3 nations multiple times with one entry time at the check-in point in Kenya. The visa will be valid for 90 days.
Apply Kenya Visa For Australian Citizens Right From Your Home
The Kenya e-Visa for Australian nationals can be applied in minutes. Travelers can apply for a Kenya e-Visa for Australian citizens in 3 simple steps, which is simple and easy to follow.
Read more: How to get a Kenya online Visa.
Laos’s e-Visa application can be proceeded within 3 business days. However, you should submit their application at least 4 days before the intended arrival date in Kenya. Nevertheless, in some specific circumstances, you do not have enough preparation time due to your rush trip, do not worry because we can help by giving you 3 e-Visa application options:
- Normal: used in usual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. We can ensure that you will get a Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you are in a hurry. To be specific, we can help you get a Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies. We warrant that you just need to wait for 5 business hours to get your Visa.
Once approved, the Kenya e-Visa will be sent to the provided email address and when you receive that, remember to print it and bring with you to the trip. As usual, there are 2 kinds of cost you need to pay to finish the process, namely Government fee and Service fee.
Payment method: electronic transaction or wire transfer. You have various choices, such as Visa, Master Card, American Express or Paypal.
Apply a Kenya e visa for Australian citizens online
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Australian Citizens
Kenya visas come in a variety of forms, each with a distinct number of entries and length of stay. The Kenya visa fee for Australian nationals is decided exclusively by the type and service of Kenya visa selected.
To get a Kenya e visa for Australian nationals, you must pay two fees: the Kenya visa service charge and the Kenya Government fee.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Australian citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
Lean about Kenya e visa fees for Australian citizens
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in Australia
On public holidays in Australia and Kenya, the Kenya consulate/embassy's offices in Australia may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Canberra, Australia :
- Address: Qe Insurance Building, 33-35 Ainslie Avenue, Civic Square, Canberra, ACT 2601.
Kenyan Consulate in Canberra, Australia:
- Address: 43 Culgoa Circuit, O'Malley ACT 2606.
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in Australia
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya embassy/consulate offices in Australia are open Monday to Friday.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Australia Citizens FAQs
To make the process of applying for a visa simpler, the Immigration Department of Kenya has launched an electronic visa system in 2015 for certain countries. Australia is also on the eligible list for Kenya eVisa, making it easier for Australian citizens to obtain a visa to visit this fascinating country. An electronic visa has more advantages than a regular visa that is obtained in the Embassy:
- Australian citizens can apply for a Kenya eVisa easily from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Therefore, Australians no longer need to spend much time and effort visiting an embassy and go through a traditional application.
- Simple & quick process: Australian citizens just need to follow a 03-step process to complete the visa application online at Kenya Immigration Services . After Australian applicants submit their application, it will be processed in a maximum of 03 business days. The processing time can also be shortened to 05 business hours if Australian citizens utilize the rush visa service .
- Australian nationals can track the progress of their visa in only 30 minutes.
- Once the eVisa application is approved, it will be sent to the applicant’s email address. Australian nationals can thus print it out and bring it along with them to Kenya.
These reasons mentioned above make Kenya eVisa the preferred alternative for Australian travelers, which is one of the main reasons it is currently taking place of conventional visa application procedures.
Yes. Australian travelers are recommended to buy travel insurance in Kenya before traveling to this country. They can buy travel insurance online while applying for a visa for Kenya at Kenya Immigration Services.
- Medical Expenses
- Ambulance Service Benefits
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Trip Interruption & Trip delay & cancellation
- Loss of baggage
Yes, you can. Very few countries require applicants to book a flight ticket before obtaining a visa because it can minimize the troubles in case their visa applications are delayed or canceled.
No. Australian children aged 16 and under are exempted from a Kenya visa. They have permission to enter the country without having to show a valid visa. At the entry point, only their legitimate transport documentation will be required.
- A passport that remains at least 06 months validity from the arrival date in Kenya. Australian travelers who have dual citizenship should use the same passport used in the application.
- A photograph that was taken recently with a clear face against a white/plain color.
- A flight ticket to make sure that Australian citizens do not exceed the 90-day validity of a Kenya eVisa.
- An email address to receive their visa. Australian travelers should bring a printout of their eVisa along with them during their Kenya trip because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask them to present it before permitting them to enter the country.