Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens
Kenya visa for Australian citizens: A visit to the exotic and beautiful African nation like Kenya is a dream for many, and the good news is that Australian travelers do not need to worry so much about overly cumbersome Kenya visa requirements. In fact, the process of applying for a Kenya e visa for Australian citizens is quite straightforward and can be completed in a matter of days right from your home. With the right information and preparation, travelers from Australia can make their dreams of visiting this vibrant country a reality in no time.
Kenya visa for Australian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from Australia?
Kenya Immigration Services will provide an overview of the Kenya e visa requirements for Australian citizens, including the Kenya e visa fees, services and type currently available, the necessary documents, as well as the Kenya e visa application process from Australia. We will also provide tips and advice for ensuring the application process of the Kenya visa for Australian citizens is simplest and fastest as possible. Let's get started!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Australian Citizens
- Australia is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for Australian passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, Australian citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
Australian citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in Australia or consulate nearest.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for Australian citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, Australian applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid Australian passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the Australian passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Australian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Australian Citizens Currently Available
Australians seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several different types of Kenya visas available for Australian citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for Australian citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to Australian citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for Australian citizens only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when Australians need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing Australian travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. Australian workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist eVisas allow Australians traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, Australian tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
Australian citizens needing a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulates or embassies of Kenya in Australia.
Apply Kenya Visa For Australian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including Australia.
- Although the Government does not require Australian applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application.
Therefore, as Australian nationals applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Apply a Kenya e visa for Australian citizens online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- Australian passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of Australian passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the Australian applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that Australian travelers need to provide.
About Kenya tourist visa requirements for Australian citizens
Australian travelers need to provide their travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for Australian citizens
About Kenya business visa requirements Australian citizens
Australians are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply Kenya e visa for Australian residents by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as the passport number. Australian applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required
- Step 3: With system tab check Kenya e visa status allows Australian citizens to track the status of Kenya e visa application process at any time. Australian applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
Australian citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Australian Citizens
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fee for Australian citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for Australian citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for Australian citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa service fee and Kenya Government fee.
- More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for Australian citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Australian citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
Lean about Kenya e visa fees for Australian citizens
Kenya e visa services for Australian citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 03 options of Kenya e visa services for Australian citizens depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, Australian travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, Australian citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. Australians can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for Australian citizens here.
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenyan travel insurance for Australian citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for Australian citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, Australian travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that travel insurance Kenya is essential for Australian citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
Australian citizens can get benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in Australia
On public holidays in Australia and Kenya, the Kenya consulate/embassy's offices in Australia may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Canberra, Australia :
- Address: Qe Insurance Building, 33-35 Ainslie Avenue, Civic Square, Canberra, ACT 2601.
- Link the embassy of Kenya in Australia here.
Kenyan Consulate in Canberra, Australia:
- Address: 43 Culgoa Circuit, O'Malley ACT 2606.
- Link the consulate of Kenya in Australia here.
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in Australia
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya embassy/consulate offices in Australia are open Monday to Friday.
Note about Kenya e visas for Australian citizens
- Australian passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that German citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Australia Citizens FAQs
To make the process of applying for a visa simpler, the Immigration Department of Kenya has launched an electronic visa system in 2015 for certain countries. Australia is also on the eligible list for Kenya eVisa, making it easier for Australian citizens to obtain a visa to visit this fascinating country. An electronic visa has more advantages than a regular visa that is obtained in the Embassy:
- Australian citizens can apply for a Kenya eVisa easily from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Therefore, Australians no longer need to spend much time and effort visiting an embassy and go through a traditional application.
- Simple & quick process: Australian citizens just need to follow a 03-step process to complete the visa application online at Kenya Immigration Services . After Australian applicants submit their application, it will be processed in a maximum of 03 business days. The processing time can also be shortened to 05 business hours if Australian citizens utilize the rush visa service .
- Australian nationals can track the progress of their visa in only 30 minutes.
- Once the eVisa application is approved, it will be sent to the applicant’s email address. Australian nationals can thus print it out and bring it along with them to Kenya.
These reasons mentioned above make Kenya eVisa the preferred alternative for Australian travelers, which is one of the main reasons it is currently taking place of conventional visa application procedures.
Yes. Australian travelers are recommended to buy travel insurance in Kenya before traveling to this country. They can buy travel insurance online while applying for a visa for Kenya at Kenya Immigration Services.
- Medical Expenses
- Ambulance Service Benefits
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Trip Interruption & Trip delay & cancellation
- Loss of baggage
Yes, you can. Very few countries require applicants to book a flight ticket before obtaining a visa because it can minimize the troubles in case their visa applications are delayed or canceled.
No. Australian children aged 16 and under are exempted from a Kenya visa. They have permission to enter the country without having to show a valid visa. At the entry point, only their legitimate transport documentation will be required.
- A passport that remains at least 06 months validity from the arrival date in Kenya. Australian travelers who have dual citizenship should use the same passport used in the application.
- A photograph that was taken recently with a clear face against a white/plain color.
- A flight ticket to make sure that Australian citizens do not exceed the 90-day validity of a Kenya eVisa.
- An email address to receive their visa. Australian travelers should bring a printout of their eVisa along with them during their Kenya trip because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask them to present it before permitting them to enter the country.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE