Kenya eTA requirements for Australian citizens in 2024
- Do Australians Need a eTA for Kenya?
- Let’s Check Kenya eTA Requirements For Australian Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya eTA For Australian Citizens Currently Available
- Apply Kenya eTA For Australian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Learn More About Kenya eTA Fees And Services For Australian Citizens
- Apply for necessary Kenya eTA at Kenya embassy in Australia
Kenya is an East African country. This is the best place to experience African wildlife. Many people refer to Kenya as the "Land of Five," referring to the elephant, lion, leopard, rhinoceros, and buffalo. Nairobi is the capital city, and all five of these wild animals can be found in the Nairobi National Park. In addition, you can visit Maasai Mara National park and Amboseli National park.
To travel to Kenya from Australia, you must first obtain a eTA. Thankfully it is quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Kenya eTA for Australian citizens online.
In this article, visitors from Australia will find useful information on applying for the electronic eTA, including the Kenya eTA requirements for Australian citizens, eTA fees and how to apply for a Kenya eTA from Australia.
Kenya eTA for Australian citizens - How to get a Kenya eTA from Australia?
Do Australians Need an eTA for Kenya?
Yes, if you are an Australian citizen, you are required to get an eTA to visit Kenya, according to Kenyan government policy. Fortunately, travelers from Australia can save time by applying for an electronic eTA online. The Kenyan government has been offering the Kenya eTA for Australian citizens since 2024 as a way to expedite the eTA application process.
The Kenya eTA for Australian citizens is a single-entry eTA that allows the holder to stay in Kenya for 90 days in a row, with the option to extend that period by another 90 days if desired (once in Kenya).
Australians who travel to Kenya on an eTA will be able to use it immediately after it is issued, and it will be valid for three months.
The Kenyan eTA is faster and easier to obtain than a traditional eTA because it can be obtained entirely online, eliminating the need to visit a Kenyan embassy in Australia.
Let’s Check Kenya eTA Requirements For Australian Citizens
There are a few Kenya eTA requirements for Australian citizens, including:
- Valid passport: Every Australian citizen must have a valid passport to enter Kenya. Please keep in mind that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya and has at least 2 blank pages for getting stamped. Otherwise, the application for a Kenya eTA for Australian citizens may be denied.
- Digital Photo: All applicants must have a recent passport-size digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format). Please ensure that the photo is 35 mm x 45 mm in size and has a white background.
- An active email address to receive the PDF travel document. After the application is processed, the approved eTA for Kenya is sent to the email address given.
- Additional documents for application may include a Yellow Fever vaccination card, travel bookings, hotel reservations, travel itinerary, invitation letter, etc. Moreover, you can add your COVID-19 insurance to increase your chance of getting approved and more importantly, keep your benefit in every situation.
In case of an emergency, you just need to show proof of travel intention, like a special invitation letter or medical document, return tickets and accommodation information.
Check Kenya eTA requirements for Australian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya eTA For Australian Citizens Currently Available
There are several types of eTA for Kenya. However, in this article, you will have information about 3 main types of eTA for Australians traveling to Kenya:
- Kenya Tourist eTA: This eTA allows the applicant to enter the country only once but stay for up to 90 days.
- Transit eTA: A transit eTA is for travelers who will be passing through Kenya on their way to another country. This transit period is usually less than 3 days – 72 hours.
- Business eTA: The Kenyan Business eTA allows a variety of foreign nationals to enter Kenya for business purposes. It is a single-entry travel document that allows foreigners to stay in the country for 90 days and allows them to renew their eTA twice. Eligible nationalities may apply for a 90-day eTA extension.
Apply Kenya eTA For Australian Citizens Right From Your Home
The Kenya eTA for Australian nationals can be applied in minutes. Travelers can apply for a Kenya eTA for Australian citizens in 3 simple steps, which is simple and easy to follow.
Read more: How to get a Kenya online eTA.
Laos’s eTA application can be proceeded within 3 business days. However, you should submit their application at least 4 days before the intended arrival date in Kenya. Nevertheless, in some specific circumstances, you do not have enough preparation time due to your rush trip, do not worry because we can help by giving you 3 eTA application options:
- Normal: used in usual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. We can ensure that you will get an eTA within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you are in a hurry. To be specific, we can help you get an eTA in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies. We warrant that you must wait 5 business hours to get your eTA.
Once approved, the Kenya eTA will be sent to the provided email address and when you receive that, remember to print it and bring it with you to the trip. As usual, there are 2 kinds of Kenya ETA fees you need to pay to finish the process, namely the Government fee and the Service fee.
Payment method: electronic transaction or wire transfer. You have various choices, such as eTA, Master Card, American Express or Paypal.
Apply a Kenya eTA for Australian citizens online
Learn More About Kenya eTA Fees And Services For Australian Citizens
Kenya eTA come in a variety of forms, each with a distinct number of entries and length of stay. The Kenya eTA fee for Australian nationals is decided exclusively by the type and service of Kenya eTA selected.
To get a Kenya eTA for Australian nationals, you must pay two fees: the Kenya eTA service charge and the Kenya Government fee.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Australian citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
Lean about Kenya eTA fees for Australian citizens
Apply for necessary Kenya eTA at Kenya embassy in Australia
On public holidays in Australia and Kenya, the Kenya consulate/embassy's offices in Australia may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Canberra, Australia :
- Address: Qe Insurance Building, 33-35 Ainslie Avenue, Civic Square, Canberra, ACT 2601.
Kenyan Consulate in Canberra, Australia:
- Address: 43 Culgoa Circuit, O'Malley ACT 2606.
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in Australia
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya embassy/consulate offices in Australia are open Monday to Friday.