Check Kenya visa requirements for Belgian citizens
Have you ever thought about running through an immense meadow, enjoying nature and challenging yourself in trekking or kayaking through majestic mountains? If so, what is the place that popped into your mind?
If you travel to Kenya, you have made an excellent decision. Kenya is one of the countries that best describes and depicts Africa's beauty and power in all of its splendor. Visiting this country is an experience that will make you feel alive and connected to the origins of humanity, from the vast Savannah with the wildest animals to the ancient Masai Mara villages.
So if you want to travel to Kenya as a citizen of Belgium, you need to apply for the Kenya Visa for Belgian citizens. But if you do not want to wait for hours at the embassy just to get a visa for short-term trips? Do not worry because there is a solution for you: a Kenya electronic visa, known as an e-visa.
So what is a Kenya e-visa? How to apply it and what requirement do you need to meet when applying for an e-visa? Here you will find the most up-to-date and comprehensive information you need to help you get through the process of obtaining your Kenya e-visa for Belgian citizens.
1. Kenya visas for Belgian citizens:
Kenya issues e-Visas to welcome Belgian nationals to visit Kenya and enjoy all this country has. The Kenya e-Visa for Belgian citizens allows Belgian nationals to legally visit the country.
Fortunately, the introduction of the e-Visa system in Kenya has made the visa application process easier and faster than usual. To obtain a Kenya visa for Belgian citizens, you do not need to visit embassies or consulates and participate in an exhausting and time-consuming process. Instead, you can apply for your visa online from anywhere, as long as you have a few required documents on hand at the time of application.
Kenya visa types for Belgian citizens:
The visa policy for Kenya defines the different online visas available to foreign visitors. Belgian citizens can choose from the following e-visas to meet their travel needs:
- Kenya Tourist e-visa: allows you to visit Kenya for tourism, medical reasons, or other purposes. Kenya tourist visa is a single-entry visa for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Kenya business e-visa: allows you to enter Kenya for business purposes, as well as to visit friends and family and explore the country as a tourist in their spare time. With this type of visa, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days with a single entry. Moreover, this type of e-visa can be extended.
- Kenya Transit Visa: single-entry online visa for a stay of a maximum of 72 hours, used when you need to transit through Kenya territory.
- East Africa Tourist e-Visa is a joint tourist visa issued to tourists visiting Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. It is a multiple-entry visa that can be obtained from any of them. You can stay a maximum of 90 days in total.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Belgian citizens:
Before applying for a Kenyan visa from Belgium, travelers must first meet a few basic requirements. These Kenya e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens include the following:
- A valid Belgian passport with at least two blank pages that is up-to-date and valid for at least six months from the date Belgians intend to arrive in Kenya.
- A digital passport-style photo of the Belgian applicant, with his or her face-centered, clearly visible, and in color.
- An email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket: this is a necessary document when you apply for transit and East Africa e-visa to prove your point of arrival is correct. For tourism and business e-visa, it is optional.
- Business documents (for business e-visa): you are required to provide the following documents related to your business trip: Your company's COI, an invitation letter from a local office, and a business ID card.
- Proof of accommodation (if any).
Once all of these requirements have been met, Belgian visitors will be able to begin filling out the online form and submitting the required information.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Belgium:
In order to get a Kenya visa for Belgian citizens, you must fill out the Kenya visa application form. Belgian travelers can request the e-visa to Kenya via an online questionnaire, which takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.
Find below the 3 steps to follow to obtain the e-visa from Belgium:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan visa application form for Belgian citizens
- Step 2: Paying the visa fee by your Credit/Debit Card, Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Print out Kenya e-visa
Read more: How to get Kenya Online Visa
They will receive an email asking them to confirm their application in their inbox. Once done, they can continue with the process.
Applicants from Belgium should carefully review all the information on their application form. Any mismatches or spelling errors could result in their petition is denied, and they will have to reapply. Unless otherwise stated, processing fees are non-refundable
The Kenyan e-visa for Belgian citizens usually takes between 24 and 72 hours (one to three business days) to be approved. However, it is possible that it will take longer in some cases due to high demand or public holidays, which is why Belgians should apply for their electronic visas in advance.
Besides, travelers can also apply to get a visa at Cambodia Embassy in Belgium.
4. Kenya visa fees for Belgian citizens:
The Kenya e-visa fees is cheaper than the Kenya regular visa. To apply for a Kenya visa online from Belgium, you will pay for two kinds of visa fees including the government and admin fee, and service fee.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance to save your benefits when traveling overseas.
Kenya Government fee is the obligation fee for applicants who wish to apply for an e-visa
There is one factor that influences the service fee and that's the processing time option you select during the online application process. In total, These are 03 options you can select depending on the processing time you wish:
- Normal: the standardized service that can help you get your e-visa within 03 business days
- Urgent: with this type of service, the procedure is a bit faster and you can receive your e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the fastest option which has the highest priority. This service type can help you get your e-visa within 05 business hours.
Payment method: you can pay your receipt in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transfer).
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.