Kenya E-visa requirements for Norwegian Citizens
Kenya provides all daring travelers with an exhilarating journey brimming with massive adventures. Worldwide visitors chose Kenya for their vacations because of its breathtaking beauty and holistic manifestation of nature, topped off by life-changing encounters with wildlife, particularly the Big Five. If you want to be one of those travelers, don't hesitate to plan an unforgettable trip to Kenya and get ready to have the time of your life.
Nationals from Norway who wish to travel to Kenya need a visa. The Kenya visa for Norwegian citizens is easy to get through an online application.
On this page, Norwegian citizens can find all the necessary information about Kenya visa requirements for Norwegian Citizens
1. Kenya e-visas for Norwegian citizens:
Kenya e-visa for Norwegian citizens is an electronic visa that can be obtained online at kenyaimmigration.org. This document is very important, and you must have it if you want to enter Kenya.
Kenya e-visa is an online travel document issued in 2015 to visitors from over 70 countries, including Norway, for short-term stays in Kenya for tourism purposes.
In Kenya, there is an electronic visa option that can be used for both multiple and single entries. Norwegian citizens can travel to Kenya for up to 90 days after receiving the e-visa.
There is no need to visit diplomatic offices or consulates, stand in lines, or go through a time-consuming process to obtain an e-visa.
Types of Kenya e-visa for Norwegian citizens:
There are 4 main types of visas for Norwegian citizens to travel to Kenya:
- Kenya e-tourist visa: used when you want to enter Kenya for tourism or other related purposes. With this e-visa type, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days with single-entry.
- Kenya business visa: will serve as a permit for the following purpose of visit:International meetings, business conferences or convention center, discussion of business ventures. With this e-visa type, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry. In addition, you can extend this e-visa type for a longer stay.
- Kenya transit visa: is only required and issued to people passing through Kenya to other destinations with a layover of less than 72 hours.
- East Africa tourist e-visa: is a joint visa for tourists, allowing a trip to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda or travel within these countries. This visa allows a maximum stay of 90 days in Total in Kenya.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Norwegian citizens:
To apply for the Kenya e-visa, you must meet the Kenya visa requirements for Norwegian citizens, which are a set of documents and requirements that all eligible citizens must meet prior to their trip to Kenya.
The following Kenya visa requirements are applicable in order to obtain an e-visa:
- A Norwegian passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya and a blank page in your passport for stamping.
- A portrait photograph of yourself in any version.
- A frequently used email to receive an e-visa result.
- Flight ticket/round-trip ticket (compulsory for Transit and East Africa e-visa): you will be asked to provide your flight booking confirmation as proof of entry point.
- Business documents (for business e-visa): you need to provide the following documents about your business trip: Your company's COI, an invitation letter, and a business ID card are all required.
- Reservation of a hotel (if any).
A Kenya e-visa that has been approved is electronically linked to the applicant's passport.
Applicants must travel with the same passport they used to complete the Kenya e-visa application.
If the applicant changes their passport while the e-visa is valid, they must apply for a new Kenya online visa.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Norway:
Applying for a Kenyan e-Visa as a Norwegian citizen is a simple and straightforward process, as long as the applicant's documents are up-to-date and ready to be submitted with their application.
Norwegian passport holders can apply for a Kenya online visa in 3 simple steps
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
To begin the process of applying for the Kenyan e-visa, Norwegian citizens will need to fill out an online application with information about themselves, their passports, and their travel plans.
Travelers must provide accurate information when filling out the Kenyan e-Visa application form; otherwise, processing delays may occur, which may result in the traveler's visa being denied.
Before submitting the e-visa application, travelers will typically be given the opportunity to review the information they have entered on the form to ensure that it is correct to the best of their knowledge. Once an application has been submitted, travelers are generally unable to make changes and may be required to submit a new application with the correct information in order to obtain their e-Visa.
Norwegian citizens should note that there is a processing fee they will be required to pay for their Kenyan e-visa application using a valid debit/credit card in order to complete the application process.
After completing the application and sending it in for review, travelers will have to wait between 24-72 hours to receive their Kenyan e-visa via email. Travelers must then print the e-visa and bring it with them to Kenya, where it will be required to be shown to border control officials at the Kenyan port of entry.
Besides, you can also apply to get a regular visa at the Kenya Embassy in Norway.
4. Kenya e-visa fees for Norwegian citizens:
The Kenya visa fees depend on nationality and the type of visa requested, and will be presented to the applicant upon completion of the application form.
To apply for a Kenya online visa, Norwegian citizens have to pay two kinds of visa fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance. Travel health insurance to Kenya provides financial security in the event of an unexpected medical emergency. It is essential for providing regular preventive healthcare, managing ongoing health conditions, and treating emerging health issues.
About the government fee, since Norway is not on the exemption list of Kenya, you need to add this fee to your receipt.
For the service fee, it is adjustable because of the different processing time. To be more specific, there are 03 service options for you to choose:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa within 03 business days if you choose this service type.
- Urgent: this type of service can help you get your e-visa within 24 hours if you choose it.
- Super urgent: this is the highest service type that can help you get your e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing which is a suitable application procedure type, you will pay a whole receipt in 02 ways: electronic payment, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal, or you can choose direct wire transfer (HSBC bank).
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic