Check Kenya visa requirements for Irish citizens
If you ask any traveler to name an African country, there's a good chance they'll say Kenya. Because of its tourist-friendly infrastructure, exciting safari expeditions, and bustling modern cities, this emerging country is one of the most visited in Africa. You can see the Big Five animals up close, as well as explore Nairobi's streets, see the flamingoes at Lake Nakuru, and summit Mt Kenya.
However, it is important to note that most visitors, including those with an Irish passport, require a visa before entering Kenya.
Thankfully, the process to get a visa for Kenya from Ireland is fast and simple. The method of obtaining a Kenya visa for Irish citizens is straightforward and can be done online.
1. Kenya e-visa for Irish citizens:
The Kenya e-visa for Irish citizens is an electronic travel authorization document that allows visitors to enter legally to Kenya.
The online Kenya visa was introduced in 2015 to simplify the process of applying for authorization for entry and short-term stays.
Irish visitors can use the Kenya online visa to enter the country for reasons of tourism, business, medical reasons or to visit friends or relatives
Irish travelers who wish to visit Kenya can now complete and submit a Kenya visa application from any location with an internet connection.
For those who plan to move to or work in the country, it is necessary to obtain a Kenya embassy visa
Kenya e-visa types for Irish citizens:
There are 4 types of Kenya e-visa available:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: is a single-entry authorization that allows one entry into Kenya. This visa is valid for 90 days from the issued date and can help you stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival with single entry only.
- Kenya business e-visa: this e-visa type can help you stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival and single entry only for business purposes.
- Kenya transit visa: Not looking to spend more than a weekend in Kenya? The Transit e-Visa is an excellent choice for you. Travelers from Ireland can stay in Kenya for up to 72 hours from the time of your arrival with this e-Visa. A Transit e-Visa is ideal for a lengthy layover.
- The East Africa E-Visa is an authorization travel document that allows you to enter not only Uganda but also Rwanda, and Kenya. Same as the Kenya Tourist e-Visa, the East Africa visa will also allow you to stay within 90 days with multiple entries between these countries.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Irish citizens:
Before you can apply for a visa for Kenya from Ireland, there are a handful of Kenya visa requirements for Irish citizens that you must prepare ahead of time. They include the following items:
- A valid passport – All travelers must have a valid, up-to-date passport issued by the Ireland government. Before they can legally enter Kenya, their passport must be valid for at least six (6) months. We also recommend leaving at least two blank page in the passport to allow for a stamp (if necessary).
- Passport information – During the application process, you will be asked to provide information about your passport, such as your passport number, nationality, date of birth, passport expiration date, and so on.
- A digital photograph – Please provide a recent, clear, and colorized photograph of yourself (taken within the last six months).
- Flight tickets (required for Transit and East Africa e-visa): You need to provide your flight ticket has Kenya as the first destination for East Africa e-visa, and flight ticket in and out of Kenya within 03 days for Transit e-visa.
- Business documents (required for Kenya business e-visa): To apply for Kenya business e-visa, you need to provide the following documents: an invitation letter from the organization in Kenya that has a business with yours, a COI of your company, and your business ID/staff card.
- Hotel reservaion (if any).
Once you have collected all the Kenya visa requirements for Irish passport holders, it is time to move into the application.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Ireland:
Irish travelers who wish to apply for a Kenya visa online should continue to fill out and submit their Kenya e-Visa application form for Irish citizens after thoroughly reviewing the online visa requirements.
Visa applicants from Ireland will typically encounter personal questions (e.g. name, status, gender, etc.) in a Kenya e-Visa application form, passport details (expiry and issuance date, passport number, and a copy of the biographical page), travel details (reason for visit, date when they will leave Kenya), and other security-related questions.
After all of this information has been entered, the system will ask Irish passengers to pay the Kenyan e-visa processing fee
A Kenya visa for Irish citizens will take between 24 and 72 hours to process. After that, Finnish citizens will receive an email containing the travel document in PDF format. It is usually recommended to print out a copy of the Kenya e-Visa so that Finnish nationals can keep it with them throughout their trip.
It is critical that Irish visa applicants submit their applications in advance in order for the visa to be processed on time and to avoid any complications that may arise prior to the scheduled departure date.
Please note: you can also apply to get a regular visa at Kenya Embassy in Ireland.
4. Kenya visa fees for Irish citizens:
Thanks to the online application process and the elimination of the need to visit an embassy, Kenya is one of the most inexpensive permits. You can pay the Kenya visa fee by using a credit or debit card, visa card, Master Card, PayPal, or wire transfer to our HSBC bank account
The Kenya e-Visa fee consists of a government fee and a service fee.
When it's about Kenya service fee, it will vary according to how fast you want the e-Visa. We provide you with three options; keep in mind that the option you choose determines the cost of your Kenyan e-Visa. You have the option of selecting one of the following:
- Normal: You get your Kenya e-Visa in 3 Business Days
- Urgent: Things move quite faster if you select this option. Your application will be processed within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: This is the most expensive option, but it is also the quickest. Your travel document will be ready in just 5 business hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE