Kenya e-visa requirements for Burkinabé citizens
In 2015, Kenya launched tourist visas online. The procedure is simple, and kenyaimmigration.org can guide you through it. The goal is to make the process as simple as possible, so you won't have to waste time standing in lines at the Embassy or Consulate. Instead, in less than 20 minutes, you can apply for an e-Visa and begin planning your trip.
We will go over some useful information about the Kenya e-visa for Burkinabé citizens and how to apply for a Kenya visa from Burkina Faso in this article. Fortunately, the Kenya e-visa is now available to Burkinabé citizens, so you'll be more than ready to apply, and we'll assist you with that.
1. Kenya e-visa for Burkinabé citizens:
Kenya e-visa for Burkinabé citizens
Citizens of Burkina Faso must have a visa to enter Kenya. Burkinabé can’t get a visa on arrival, they are required to obtain an entry permit before departure.
Burkina Faso is one of over 150 countries that are required to apply for a Kenya electronic visa to visit the country. With a Kenya e-visa for Burkinabé citizens, applicants will be granted entry to the country for a period of 90 days. This means that this Kenya e-visa is only valid for short-term stays.
Burkinabé passport holders who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for an e-Visa to Kenya. The electronic visa application is the quickest and most convenient way to apply.
Visitors from Burkina Faso can use the Kenya online visa to enter the country for tourism, business, family visits, or medical treatment.
The Kenya e-visa application process is 100% online. Burkinabés can submit their application from home and receive their approved visa via email.
To visit the country for other reasons, such as business, work, or study, or for longer periods of time, you must apply for a Kenya visa at Kenya Embassy in Burkina Faso
Type of Kenya e-visa:
Depending on how long Burkinabé visitors plan to stay in Kenya and whether they want to visit neighboring countries, Burkinabé nationals can apply for one of four types of Kenya e-visas
- Kenya tourist e-visa: is the only type of visa that can be obtained online. The tourist visa is granted for all types of vacations and recreational activities. Holders of electronic tourist visas must enter Kenya within 03 months of the date of issuance with a total stay of up to 90 days from the date of arrival.
- Kenya business e-visa: In Kenya, a business visa is an official document allowing one to travel to and from the country for business purposes. The Kenya business e-visa for Burkinabé citizens is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, allowing its holder to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya transit e-visa: If you are attempting to travel to a destination but have a connecting flight in Kenya, you may require a Kenya Transit visa. Of course, this only applies if you are not staying in Kenya for more than 72 hours and intend to depart from the airport. If you do not wish to leave the airport, you are not required to obtain a transit visa.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ultimate E-Visa for an East African vacation. You can spend 90 days in Kenya with the East African e-Visa, but you can also visit Rwanda and Uganda as many times as you want during that time.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Burkinabé citizens:
Every Burkinabé citizen interested in visiting Kenya must follow certain Kenyan online visa requirements. These may include:
- A valid Burkinabé passport: All applications must be accompanied by a valid and current Burkinabé passport. Your Burkinabé passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date you enter Kenya. We also recommend that the passport has at least two blank pages for stamps and/or visas.
- A digital photograph – Please have a recent, clear, and colorized photograph of yourself that was taken within the last six months.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page is required
- Being able to supply proof of onward or return travel tickets
- For a business e-visa: You need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Furthermore, as a Burkinabé applicant, you will be required to provide a current email address. This is where you will receive your granted e-Visa as well as any other communications related to your application (such as requests for further documents).
Travelers from Burkina Faso whose passport expires within 6 months of their intended date of arrival should renew it before applying for a visa.
Burkinabé citizens will receive the Kenya e-Visa as a PDF file attached to an email. This will be delivered to the email address they provide in their application.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Burkina Faso:
The Kenya e-visa application for Burkinabé citizens can be done at any time and from anywhere in the world. Candidates are not required to reside in Burkina Faso at the time of application.
The entire process takes only a few minutes from start to finish.
The Kenya e-visa application consists of a few simple steps:
Step 1: Fill out the application form with essential personal and passport details
Step 2: Pay the visa processing fee through a secure online system
Step 3: Print out the Kenya e-visa to present it at the border crossing in Kenya
Read here: How to get a Kenya visa online
Kenya e-visa application from Burkina Faso:
The Kenya visa application process from Burkina Faso is quick and easy. To complete the online form, only a few details are required, including:
- Name, date of birth, and nationality
- Sudanese passport details
- The supporting document's expiration date (visa or residence permit)
- Arrival date/ departure date in Kenya
The information provided must exactly match the information on the passport. Any inconsistencies may cause processing delays and disrupt travel plans. The applicant pays for the Kenya visa using a Credit/Debit Card, Visa, American, Paypal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus before submitting the request.
Processing time of the Kenya e-Visa as a Burkinabé citizen
After submitting the online application form, Burkinabé travelers can expect to receive their Kenya e-visa visa via email within 05 to 72 hours.
While most visas are processed within one day, there may be delays if the data on the application form is incorrect. In such cases, Burkinabé travelers may be required to complete a new application form.
Any important correspondence pertaining to the status of the Kenya e-Visa for Burkinabé citizens will be sent to the email address specified on the application form.
4. Kenya visa fees for Burkinabé citizens:
Kenya e-visa fees for Burkinabé citizens
Kenya visa fees for Burkinabé citizens depend on the type of visa required. Electronic visas for Kenya are generally less expensive than those obtained through the embassy.
To apply for a Kenya visa online from Burkina Faso, you must pay two (2) types of Visa Fee: Service Fee and Government Fee.
One of the best aspects of online processes is that they are quick. ee as well as Government Fee. Kenya Immigration Services is well-known for providing the most excellent e-Visa consulting services. When it comes to processing time, you have 03 options:
- Normal: Your application will be processed within 03 Business Days for an inexpensive fee.
- Urgent: This option will cut your waiting time in half. Your visa will be emailed to you within 24 hours at a very reasonable price.
- Super urgent: if you want your application to be processed within just 05 business hours due to urgent matters, you can choose this option. As you can expect, this is the most expensive processing time.
Methods of payment: Burkinabé nationals pay the Kenya e-Visa fees securely online by Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.