Kenya eTA requirements for Burkinabé citizens in 2024
- 1. Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens in 2024:
- 2. Kenya eTA requirements for Burkinabé citizens:
- 3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Burkina Faso:
- 4. Kenya eTA fees for Burkinabé citizens:
The Kenyan Government introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system in January 2024, replacing visas for Burkinabé citizens. Currently, an ETA is REQUIRED for Burkinabé citizens who plan to visit Kenya.
The procedure is simple, and kenyaimmigration.org can guide you through it. The goal is to make the process as simple as possible, so you won't have to waste time standing in lines at the Embassy or Consulate. Instead, in less than 20 minutes, you can apply for an eTA and begin planning your trip.
We will go over some useful information about the Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens and how to apply for a Kenya eTA from Burkina Faso in this article. Fortunately, the Kenya eTA is now available to Burkinabé citizens, so you'll be more than ready to apply, and we'll assist you with that.
1. Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens in 2024:
Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens
Citizens of Burkina Faso must have an eTA to enter Kenya.
Burkina Faso is one of over 200 countries that are required to apply for a Kenya electronic authorization ( ETA) to visit the country. With a Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens, applicants will be granted entry to the country for a period of 90 days. This means that this Kenya eTA is only valid for short-term stays.
Burkinabé passport holders who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for a Kenya eTA online. The electronic eTA application is the quickest and most convenient way to apply.
Visitors from Burkina Faso can use the Kenya online eTA to enter the country for tourism, business, family visits, or medical treatment.
The Kenya eTA application process is 100% online. Burkinabés can submit their application from home and receive their approved eTA via email.
To visit the country for other reasons, such as business, work, or study, or for longer periods of time, you must apply for a Kenya eTA at Kenya Embassy in Burkina Faso
Type of Kenya eTA:
Depending on how long Burkinabé visitors plan to stay in Kenya and whether they want to visit neighboring countries, Burkinabé nationals can apply for one of four types of Kenya eTA
- Kenya tourist eTA: is the only type of eTA that can be obtained online. The tourist eTA is granted for all types of vacations and recreational activities. Holders of electronic tourist eTA must enter Kenya within 03 months of the date of issuance with a total stay of up to 90 days from the date of arrival.
- Kenya business eTA: In Kenya, a business eTA is an official document allowing one to travel to and from the country for business purposes. The Kenya business eTA for Burkinabé citizens is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, allowing its holder to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya transit eTA: If you are attempting to travel to a destination but have a connecting flight in Kenya, you may require a Kenya Transit eTA. Of course, this only applies if you are not staying in Kenya for more than 72 hours and intend to depart from the airport. If you do not wish to leave the airport, you are not required to obtain a transit eTA.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Burkinabé citizens:
Every Burkinabé citizen interested in visiting Kenya must follow certain Kenyan online eTA requirements. These may include:
- A valid Burkinabé passport: All applications must be accompanied by a valid and current Burkinabé passport. Your Burkinabé passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date you enter Kenya. We also recommend that the passport has at least two blank pages for stamps and/or eTA.
- A digital photograph – Please have a recent, clear, and colorized photograph of yourself that was taken within the last six months.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page is required
- Being able to supply proof of onward or return travel tickets
- For a business eTA: You need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Furthermore, as a Burkinabé applicant, you will be required to provide a current email address. This is where you will receive your granted eTA as well as any other communications related to your application (such as requests for further documents).
Travelers from Burkina Faso whose passport expires within 6 months of their intended date of arrival should renew it before applying for an eTA.
Burkinabé citizens will receive the Kenya eTA as a PDF file attached to an email. This will be delivered to the email address they provide in their application.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Burkina Faso:
The Kenya eTA application for Burkinabé citizens can be done at any time and from anywhere in the world. Candidates are not required to reside in Burkina Faso at the time of application.
The entire process takes only a few minutes from start to finish.
The Kenya eTA application consists of a few simple steps:
Step 1: Fill out the application form with essential personal and passport details
Step 2: Pay the eTA processing fee through a secure online system
Step 3: Print out the Kenya eTA to present it at the border crossing in Kenya
Read here: How to get a Kenya eTA online
Kenya eTA application from Burkina Faso:
The Kenya eTA application process from Burkina Faso is quick and easy. To complete the online form, only a few details are required, including:
- Name, date of birth, and nationality
- Sudanese passport details
- The supporting document's expiration date (eTA or residence permit)
- Arrival date/ departure date in Kenya
The information provided must exactly match the information on the passport. Any inconsistencies may cause processing delays and disrupt travel plans. The applicant pays for the Kenya eTA using a Credit/Debit Card, eTA, American, Paypal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus before submitting the request.
Processing time of the Kenya eTA as a Burkinabé citizen
After submitting the online application form, Burkinabé travelers can expect to receive their Kenya eTA via email within 05 to 72 hours.
While most Kenya eTAs are processed within one day, there may be delays if the data on the application form is incorrect. In such cases, Burkinabé travelers may be required to complete a new application form.
Any important correspondence pertaining to the status of the Kenya eTA for Burkinabé citizens will be sent to the email address specified on the application form.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Burkinabé citizens:
Kenya eTA fees for Burkinabé citizens
Kenya eTA fees for Burkinabé citizens depend on the type of eTA required. Electronic eTA for Kenya are generally less expensive than those obtained through the embassy.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Burkina Faso, you must pay two (2) types of eTA Fee: Service Fee and Government Fee.
One of the best aspects of online processes is that they are quick. ee as well as Government Fee. Kenya Immigration Services is well-known for providing the most excellent eTA consulting services. When it comes to processing time, you have 03 options:
- Normal: Your application will be processed within 03 Business Days for an inexpensive fee.
- Urgent: This option will cut your waiting time in half. Your eTA will be emailed to you within 24 hours at a very reasonable price.
- Super urgent: if you want your application to be processed within just 05 business hours due to urgent matters, you can choose this option. As you can expect, this is the most expensive processing time.
Methods of payment: Burkinabé nationals pay the Kenya eTA fees securely online by Credit/debit card, eTA card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.