Kenya visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens
Like other nationalities around the world, Ecuadorians do not need a consular visa to spend their vacation in Kenya. This is because they are eligible for a Kenyan e-visa, or an electronic visa. Even better, they can apply for an East Africa Tourist Visa to visit other African countries such as Uganda and Rwanda.
By having an Ecuadorian passport, the traveler can apply for a Kenya visa online, and Kenya immigration services are here to help. Keep reading to learn more about the Kenya visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens.
Kenya e-visa for Ecuadorian citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Ecuadorian citizens:
Ecuadorian passport holders traveling to Kenya are required to obtain a visa. It is best to apply for a Kenya e-Visa at least 07 days before their trip to ensure they receive it before they depart.
The application for a Kenyan e-Visa is entirely completed online. This eliminates the need for a trip-planning visit to an embassy or consulate.
Furthermore, applicants must not be in Ecuador to submit their applications. They can apply from anywhere with Internet access as long as they have the necessary documents.
The Kenya online visa for Ecuadorian citizens is an electronic travel document that allows a single entry into the country for up to 90 days.
You will need to apply for a Kenya e-Visa if you are traveling for tourism, medical treatment, or business and will be staying in the country for less than 90 days.
This Kenya e-Visa is required for the following reasons:
- Family visits
- To undergo medical treatment
To stay in Kenya for an extended period of time, Ecuadorian visitors should contact the embassy or consulate for information on long-term visa options.
Type of Kenya e visas:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: The Tourist e-Visa is the better option for travelers from Ecuador looking for a more in-depth experience of Kenya. You'll have 90 days to explore Kenya's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 90 days after it is issued and allows for one entry. You can obtain your Tourist e-Visa right here.
- Kenya transit e-visa: If you only have a short visit, the Transit e-Visa is a great option. You'll have three days in Kenya, making this e-Visa ideal for long layovers. Get your Transit e-Visa here if you're just passing through Kenya for a few days.
- Kenya business e-visa: this is a visa for people who wish to do business within the country. It is valid for a stay of up to 90 days and like other e-visas, it is a single entry visa.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ticket to the ultimate East African experience for visitors from Ecuador and around the world. If you obtain an East Africa e-Visa, you will be able to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda during your 90 -day trip. With this e-Visa, you can enter and exit among Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda whenever you want. Apply for an e-Visa to East Africa here.
2. Kenya e visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens:
There are some requirements travelers need to follow in order to obtain their Kenya visa for Ecuadorian citizens. Here is a list that includes the requirements:
- Valid Ecuadorian passport: Ecuadorian citizens traveling anywhere in the world require a passport, and Kenya is no exception. This passport should be valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya. Getting a passport is a simple process. All you need to do is go to your country's issuing authority.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A recently digitized color photograph of the Ecuadorian applicant for the e-Visa (any format is acceptable)
- Return ticket to Ecuador or proof of onward travel from Kenya
- A valid email address is required for applicants to receive updates on the status of their Kenya electronic visa and its eventual approval.
- For Business e-visa: To get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
The applicant will be unable to submit their Kenyan visa application unless these basic requirements are met.
A Kenyan e-visa application from Ecuador is usually processed within 05 hours to 03 business days. Nonetheless, petitioners should submit their applications at least 7 days before the expected travel date.
Once approved, the e-visa will be securely emailed to the applicant. You should make a couple of copies of your e-visa to Kenya in case immigration officials ask for it at the border.
Kenya e-visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens
3. How to get a Kenya visa online from Ecuador:
Obtaining a Kenya e visa for Ecuadorian citizens is simple and requires just a few minutes. Travelers from Ecuador can apply for a Kenyan visa using their smartphone, tablet, or personal computer.
Travelers who meet the Kenya e visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens can apply online in 3 steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan visa application form for Ecuadorians
Step 2: Pay the Kenya eVisa fee for Ecuadorian citizens
Step 3: Receive the approved Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
The e-visa application process for Ecuadorian travelers is simple. Travelers will need to fill out a form on the application with information such as their:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Country of citizenship
- Date of arrival and departure
Once the application is complete, travelers will need to pay a fee and wait for an email confirmation. Travelers should then print a copy of the approved visa ready to present at the border on arrival.
4. Kenya e visa fees for Ecuadorian citizens:
Kenya e-visa fees for Ecuadorian citizens
Once you've gathered all of your requirements, you must complete the Kenya visa application form. That should be simple for you because Kenya Immigration Services designed a short and simple payment system. Furthermore, if you require assistance, Kenya Immigration Services provides excellent customer service. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is completely free of charge.
The form requires you to enter personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, and so on. Passport information, as well as details about your trip, such as the reason for travel, are required. You must also select a processing time, which determines the cost of your Kenya e visa
- Normal: You will get a response to your documentation in a reasonable amount of time and at a low cost. You will receive your document within 72 hours
- Urgent: Get a response to your documentation more quickly, but at a slightly higher cost. Your application will be processed within 24 hours
- Super urgent: The main feature of this type of process is the speed with which the visa is obtained, as it is obtained in less than 5 business hours.