Kenya eTA requirements for Ecuadorian citizens in 2024
Like other nationalities around the world, Ecuadorians do not need a visa to spend their vacation in Kenya. This is because they are eligible for a Kenyan eTA, or an electronic travel authorization
By having an Ecuadorian passport, the traveler can apply for a Kenya eTA online, and Kenya immigration services are here to help. Keep reading to learn more about the Kenya eTA requirements for Ecuadorian citizens.
Kenya eTA for Ecuadorian citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Ecuadorian citizens:
The Kenyan Government introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system in January 2024, replacing visas for Ecuador. Currently, an ETA is REQUIRED for Ecuadorians who plan to visit Kenya.
Ecuadorian passport holders traveling to Kenya are required to obtain an eTA. It is best to apply for a Kenya eTA at least 07 days before their trip to ensure they receive it before they depart.
The application for a Kenyan eTA is entirely completed online. This eliminates the need for a trip-planning visit to an embassy or consulate.
Furthermore, applicants must not be in Ecuador to submit their applications. They can apply from anywhere with Internet access as long as they have the necessary documents.
The Kenya online eTA for Ecuadorian citizens is an electronic travel document that allows a single entry into the country for up to 90 days.
You will need to apply for a Kenya eTA if you are traveling for tourism, medical treatment, or business and will be staying in the country for less than 90 days.
This Kenya eTA is required for the following reasons:
- Family visits
- To undergo medical treatment
To stay in Kenya for an extended period of time, Ecuadorian visitors should contact the embassy or consulate for information on long-term eTA options.
Type of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: The Tourist eTA is the better option for travelers from Ecuador looking for a more in-depth experience of Kenya. You'll have 90 days to explore Kenya's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist eTA is valid for 90 days after it is issued and allows for one entry. You can obtain your Tourist eTA right here.
- Kenya transit eTA: If you only have a short visit, the Transit eTA is a great option. You'll have three days in Kenya, making this eTA ideal for long layovers. Get your Transit eTA here if you're just passing through Kenya for a few days.
- Kenya business eTA: this is a eTA for people who wish to do business within the country. It is valid for a stay of up to 90 days and like other eTA, it is a single entry eTA.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Ecuadorian citizens:
There are some requirements travelers need to follow in order to obtain their Kenya eTA for Ecuadorian citizens. Here is a list that includes the requirements:
- Valid Ecuadorian passport: Ecuadorian citizens traveling anywhere in the world require a passport, and Kenya is no exception. This passport should be valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya. Getting a passport is a simple process. All you need to do is go to your country's issuing authority.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A recently digitized color photograph of the Ecuadorian applicant for the eTA (any format is acceptable)
- Return ticket to Ecuador or proof of onward travel from Kenya
- A valid email address is required for applicants to receive updates on the status of their Kenya electronic eTA and its eventual approval.
- For Business eTA: To get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
The applicant will be unable to submit their Kenyan eTA application unless these basic requirements are met.
A Kenyan eTA application from Ecuador is usually processed within 05 hours to 03 business days. Nonetheless, petitioners should submit their applications at least 7 days before the expected travel date.
Once approved, the eTA will be securely emailed to the applicant. You should make a couple of copies of your eTA to Kenya in case immigration officials ask for it at the border.
Kenya eTA requirements for Ecuadorian citizens
3. How to get a Kenya eTA online from Ecuador:
Applying for a Kenya eTA online for Ecuadorian citizens is simple and requires just a few minutes. Travelers from Ecuador can apply for a Kenyan eTA using their smartphone, tablet, or personal computer.
Travelers who meet the Kenya eTA requirements for Ecuadorian citizens can apply online in 3 steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Kenyan eTA application form for Ecuadorians
Step 2: Pay the Kenya eTA fee for Ecuadorian citizens
Step 3: Receive the approved Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get a Kenya eTA online
The eTA application process for Ecuadorian travelers is simple. Travelers will need to fill out a form on the application with information such as their:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Country of citizenship
- Date of arrival and departure
Once the application is complete, travelers will need to pay a fee and wait for an email confirmation. Travelers should then print a copy of the approved eTA ready to present at the border on arrival.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Ecuadorian citizens:
Kenya eTA fees for Ecuadorian citizens
Once you've gathered all of your requirements, you must complete the Kenya eTA application form. That should be simple for you because Kenya Immigration Services designed a short and simple payment system. Furthermore, if you require assistance, Kenya Immigration Services provides excellent customer service. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is completely free of charge.
The form requires you to enter personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, and so on. Passport information, as well as details about your trip, such as the reason for travel, are required. You must also select a processing time, which determines the cost of your Kenya eTA
- Normal: You will get a response to your documentation in a reasonable amount of time and at a low cost. You will receive your document within 72 hours
- Urgent: Get a response to your documentation more quickly, but at a slightly higher cost. Your application will be processed within 24 hours
- Super urgent: The main feature of this type of process is the speed with which the eTA is obtained, as it is obtained in less than 5 business hours.