Check Kenya visa requirements for Thai citizens
Kenya is one of Africa's most sought-after destinations. Its distinct cuisine, geographical diversity, and cultural richness make it one of the most exciting places to visit on the planet. If Thai travelers want to stay in Kenya, you'll need a Kenya visa for Thai citizens, which they can get quickly from kenyaimmigration.org
Thai citizens can apply for an electronic visa to Kenya through the website, and it will only take them 20 minutes. Several nationals can now apply for the East Africa Tourist visa under the current procedure.
1. Kenya e-visa for Thai citizens:
The Kenyan government implemented the Kenya e-Visa in 2015, an electronic visa that greatly speeds up the application process and eliminates the need to queue to apply for a Kenya regular visa at its borders.
Thailand passport holders planning to visit Kenya for reasons of tourism, business, medical reasons or to visit friends or relatives can apply for a Kenya e-visa.
The Kenya e-visa for Thai citizens is available for single, or multiple entries and valid for up to 90 days after being issued.
This new digital system enables Thai citizens to pre-register for a simple Kenya visa online application to receive an approved e-Visa via email.
Filling out basic travel information, passport data, and personal information on the Kenya e-visa application takes only a few minutes. Before submitting the Kenya visa application, you must check the accuracy of the information.
An e-Visa may be issued as a Kenya business visa, tourist visa, transit visa, or East Africa visa to travel to an onward destination.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: The Tourist e-Visa is an excellent option for Thai visitors who wish to stay in Kenya for an extended period. You can relax, visit friends and family in Kenya, or enjoy the food and culture of this amazing country with the Tourist e-Visa. You'll have plenty of time to explore Kenya once you arrive. The Tourist e-Visa must be used within 90 days of receiving it, and it only allows for one entry into Kenya. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival.
- Kenya transit e-visa: Are you planning a lengthy layover in Kenya? If you only have two or three days in Kenya before continuing to your next destination, the Transit e-Visa is an excellent choice. Thai citizens can stay in Kenya for up to 72 hours before their flight departs. While you "wait," explore Kenya's local cuisine, culture, and nightlife.
- Kenya business e-visa: The Kenya Business e-Visa is available to Thai citizens traveling to the Republic of Kenya for business-related activities. The electronic visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the issued date, and it allows a single entry to Kenya with a stay of 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya East Africa e-visa: If you want to dive into the travel experience, you need the East Africa e-Visa. With the East Africa e-Visa, you can spend 90 days in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, coming and going as you please.
Thai citizens who wish to stay in the country for longer than 3 months, or other travel purposes, need to apply for a visa at the Kenya embassy in Thailand
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Thai citizens:
Before travelers from Thailand can start their online application, it is important to learn the Kenya visa requirements for Thai citizens
They include having and complying with the following:
- A valid passport — To travel to Kenya, you must have a current passport. Check that the expiration date is not less than 06 months after your arrival date.
- A current passport photograph — Scan a copy of your passport photo and include it with your application.
- Email address — This is where we'll send your e-Visa once we've verified your information. When you receive your e-Visa, you can use it immediately or print a copy to keep with you.
- Onward /return ticket (for East Africa and transit e-visa)— The Republic of Kenya would like to know when and where you would land in Kenya. If you want to apply for a Kenya East Africa e-visa, your entry point needs to be a port in Kenya. in case of transit e-visa, your flight ticket will be used as a verification that your overlaying time will not exceed 72 hours.
- Your business documents: you need to add an invitation letter from your partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your staff ID/business card to your document list if you want to apply for a Kenya business e-visa.
- Proof of onward travel (for East Africa and Transit e-visa): You need to provide all your tickets to verify the entry point and landing-leaving time.
All information and documents are digitally uploaded. Thai citizens are not required to present documentation in person at the embassy.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Thailand:
The final step to obtaining a Kenyan e-Visa is to fill out the online application. It takes just a few minutes to fill out the Kenya visa application form for Thai citizens
Citizens of Thailand can get a tourist visa for Kenya in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Kenya e-Visa application form
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya e-Visa processing fee
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
It will take between 05 business and 72 business hours to process an e-Visa for Kenya. After that, Thai citizens will receive an email containing the travel document in PDF format. It is usually recommended to print out a copy of the Kenya e-visa so that Thai nationals can keep it with them throughout their trip.
Thai visa applicants must submit their applications in advance for the visa to be processed on time and to avoid any complications that may arise before the scheduled departure date.
4. Kenya visa Fee for Thai citizens :
The cost depends on the type of e-Visa and the processing time you choose. The Kenya e-visa fees include the service fee and the Kenya Government fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance.
We offer 03 processing options at kenyaimmigration.org, each with a faster processing time. Keep in mind the following prices (prices based on the Kenya Tourist e-Visa) to get a better idea of the cost:
- Normal: Even though this is the slowest option, it’s also the cheapest. Your application is ready in 03 business days
- Urgent: this one moves a bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: This option will help you receive the approved visa in just 05 business hours at a fairly reasonable price.
Payment method: to complete your payment, you need an electronic funds transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or wire transfer (HSBC direct deposit transaction).
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic