Kenya ETA requirements for South Korean citizens
South Koreans planning a trip to Kenya will need an eTA to leave the airport. That is why, since 2024, the Kenya Government has provided a simple online solution that does not necessitate a trip to a consulate or embassy to get an eTA: the eTA.
People from all over the world, including South Korea, can easily obtain an eTA. You can get the application online before you leave for your trip. Once in Kenya, you can vacation, sightsee, or simply relax and enjoy the scenery.
Without an eTA, you can’t leave the airport and see Kenya. The Kenya eTA system is fast and efficient; South Koreans can fill out the application in just a few minutes.
This page contains all the Kenya eTA requirements for South Koreans, including a step-by-step guide to the online application.
1. Kenya eTA for South Koreans:
The Kenyan government declared that beginning January 1, 2024, tourists entering Kenya would not need a visa and will instead apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization. The ETA system has replaced the eVisa system in Kenya and is now in use.
Kenya eTA allows travelers to submit the necessary information and paperwork from the comfort of their own homes before beginning their journey. Travellers may rest easy knowing that they have met the prerequisites for travel to Kenya.
Every South Korean citizen wishing to visit Kenya will require an eTA. Applying for a Kenya electronic travel authorization from South Korea is now simple and quick due to the fact that the entire procedure takes place online.
The Kenyan eTA for South Koreans is an online eTA system. This allows you to apply from the comfort of your own home, rather than having to travel all the way to an embassy as you would with a traditional eTA.
The electronic eTA for Kenya was introduced in 2024 with the goal of simplifying and expediting the Kenya eTA application process for foreign visitors
Kenya eTA allows a single entry into the country for a maximum of 90 consecutive days
If your reasons for travel are tourism, medical reasons, or business, and you will be staying for less than 90 days, you can and must apply for a Kenya eTA.
The Kenya eTA application form is available online. This makes it simple to complete and submit for processing, saving you the time and effort of visiting your local Kenya embassy.
South Koreans who wish to visit Kenya for extended periods of time or for other reasons such as long-term relocation or professional opportunities should be aware that the Kenya eTA does not apply to them. In their case, we recommend that they make an appointment with the Kenya embassy in South Korea to discuss better eTA options.
Kenya eTA types for South Koreans:
Decide on the type of trip you want to take before flying to Kenya from South Korea. The various eTA levels provide a variety of experiences.
- Kenya transit eTA: Are you looking for a three-day stay in Kenya and nothing more? Get the Transit eTA, which is available to South Koreans who are passing through on their way to another destination. It's especially useful during long layovers. 72 hours is the maximum time this eTA gives you to enjoy your time inside the country.
- Kenya tourist eTA: You can use this eTA to unwind, visit friends and family, and explore the beautiful country of Kenya. You'll have plenty of time to see the sights once you've entered. You can use this eTA for a single entry to Kenya and stay there for 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya business eTA: South Korean travelers can apply for a Kenya business eTA if they are visiting Kenya to do business-related activities. This eTA is valid for 3 months from the issued date with a total stay of up to 90 days from the date of arrival.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for South Koreans:
South Korean citizens will need to meet certain Kenya eTA entry requirements as part of the process in order to apply for an eTA.
The complete list of documents for a Kenya eTA for South Koreans includes:
- A valid Korean passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya. The passport should have a minimum of 2 blank pages for the immigration stamps on entry and exit to Kenya.
- Scan your biographical page of your passport and turn it in with your application.
- A recent digital passport photograph, taken within the last six months on a white background, with the applicant's face visible and no headgear worn.
- An active email address, because this is where the applicant's electronic eTA will be delivered.
- Flight ticket: You need to provide your flight tickets to verify the entry point in Kenya and landing-leaving time.
- For Business eTA: To get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
- Valid email address: You will receive a copy of your eTA via email address.
Applicants holding dual citizenship must use the same passport to enter Kenya as the one used when completing the application form for the electronic eTA.
Once all the requirements noted above are met, South Koreans may apply for their Kenya eTA
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from South Korea:
The Kenya eTA application for South Koreans only takes a few minutes to complete. You must answer questions covering personal information, passport information, and travel plans. It’s essential to double-check all information provided on your Kenya eTA application form, as any inaccuracies or errors can result in delay or rejection of your electronic tourist eTA to Kenya.
South Koreans who are eligible for the Kenya eTA can get the permit in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online Kenya eTA application form
- Step 2: Make the payment for the eTA fee
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
Once you have submitted your completed application form, your Kenya eTA is processed quickly, often within 05 business hours to 03 days. It is advised allowing at least 03 days for processing, especially during busy times of the year.
The approved eTA will be emailed to South Korean applicants at the email address they provided. They may print a copy of the eTA, but this is not required. Border officials in Kenya will be able to obtain this information by inspecting the traveler's passport.
4. Kenya eTA fees for South Koreans:
Kenya eTA fees for South Koreans are generally lower when applied online rather than at an embassy. Travelers can save time and money by applying online because they do not need to visit diplomatic offices.
The Kenya eTA fee is calculated and displayed on the payment page. Applicants securely pay the Kenya eTA fees with a debit or credit card, American Express, eTA Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer.
Kenya eTA fees that you have to pay to get your Kenya eTA include the Kenya eTA service fee and Kenya Government fee.
One good thing about using kenyaimmigration.org is that you can choose one of its 03 processing options. These processing options were made to satisfy the applicant’s needs and budgets. These are normal, urgent, and super urgent
- Normal: With this processing time, you have to wait 03 business days
- Urgent: this option allows you to get your document in only 24 business hours
- Super Urgent: As you can expect, the price goes even higher. With this third alternative, you get the eTA for just 05 business hours
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.