Check Kenya visa requirements for Japanese citizens
Excellent news for Japanese citizens planning a trip to South Africa! You can now apply for a Kenyan e-Visa online, eliminating the need to visit the Kenyan embassy. This is an excellent option for those who want to avoid a cumbersome and time-consuming process.
While the e-Visa is not as stringent as the consular counterpart, you must still ensure that you meet all of the requirements before applying. You will have a successful application process this way. If you want to learn more about Kenya visa requirements for Japanese citizens, keep reading below.
1. Kenya visa for Japanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa for Japanese citizens is a document that allows Japanese nationals to join Kenya legally. The system is electronic and the e-Visa is linked to your passport.
Japan passport holders traveling to Kenya must get a visa before their trip. Fortunately, since 2015, this process can be done 100% online.
The Kenyan government introduced the e-Visa in 2015, which facilitates obtaining an authorized entry permit for foreign travelers. Japanese are among the most frequent visitors to Kenya every year.
Japanese passport holders can apply for an e-Visa for Kenya from the comfort of their homes. The visa request can be completed within 20 minutes.
The Kenya e-visa for Japanese citizens allows Japanese travelers to visit the country for leisure, short-term medical purposes, to see family and friends, or for business reasons.
The Kenya online visa allows for a stay of up to 90 days in Kenya. Once in Kenya, e-Visa holders for Kenya have the option to extend their stay for an additional 90 days.
Kenya visa types for Japanese citizens:
We offer 04 different e-Visas to travelers from Japanese citizens:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you intend to stay in the country for an extended period of time, the Tourist e-Visa is an excellent choice. You'll have 90 days from the arrival date with a Tourist e-Visa to relax, visit colleagues or friends, and enjoy the food, culture, and sights Kenya has to offer. This e-Visa is for single entry and can be extended.
- Kenya transit e-visa: If you do not intend to stay for an extended period of time, the Transit e-Visa may be an option for you. Japanese citizens will be able to stay in Kenya for up to 03 days with this e-Visa.
- Kenya business e-visa: This visa allows a single entry stay of up 90 days for business purposes.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ideal e-Visa for those who want to immerse themselves in the culture of East Africa. The East African Visa allows you to stay in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for 90 days. During your 90-day stay, you can even enter and exit Rwanda and Uganda as many times as you want.
2. Kenya visa requirements for Japanese citizens:
A number of other documents and conditions must be met by Japanese travelers in order to obtain a Kenya e-visa for Japanese citizens. These Kenya visa entry requirements are divided into several categories and pieces of information:
A valid passport – The only passport requirement for obtaining a Kenya visa from Japan is to have a Japanese passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry into Kenya. There are at least 02 blank pages available inside the passport to receive exit/entry stamps at the Kenyan border.
Recent digital passport photo: The photo must adhere to the guidelines of a passport photo, which includes being as recent as possible. In addition, the photo should be taken against a white background.
An email address – Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive updates on the status of their Kenya electronic visa and its eventual approval.
Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Kenya wants you to assure them that you are traveling to Kenya temporarily and that you will be leaving to go to your final destination.
Business documents including Invitation letter, COI of company, staff’s ID card/Passport for Business e-Visa.
If Japanese applicants’ passports are bound to expire, they must be renewed before applying for a Kenya visa online
Furthermore, dual nationals with multiple passports must ensure that they travel to Kenya using the same travel document that they used to request an e-Visa.
It is critical to remember that the Kenya visa for Japanese citizens is only an authorization to travel and does not grant entry into the country. This permission can only be granted after immigration officials at the border crossing have verified the visitors' travel documents.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Japan:
The Kenya e-Visa can be obtained from anywhere in the world; all Japanese nationals need is a working internet connection and the necessary Kenya documents.
The application process for a Kenya e-Visa is quick and simple. The Kenya e-Visa application form only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and Japanese citizens will be asked for personal questions such as:
Date of birth
Japanese travelers can get a Kenya e-visa for Japanese citizens in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Apply for a Kenya eVisa Online form
- Step 2: Pay for the e-Visa processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya eVisa
It is critical that all of the information provided in the application be correct. Applicants from Japan will be able to review the form before it is presented to avoid errors, so travelers are encouraged to double-check the information. If there are any errors or missing information, the e-Visa for Kenya may be denied.
Processing time for Kenya e-Visa from Japan:
If the e-Visa is granted, the Japanese applicant will receive an email within 05 working hours to 03 working days. The electronic visa will have a validity period of 180 days from the issued date.
It is advised to save the visa information online and to obtain a printed copy, as well as other official Japanese travel documents, to show to immigration officials at the port of entry.
Japanese nationals should also apply for a Kenya e-visa well in advance to avoid any delays or problems with their travel authorization.
4. Kenya visa fees for Japanese citizens:
Japanese citizens pay the visa processing fees online using a debit or credit card, visa card, PayPal, American Express, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account when making their application.
The Kenya visa fees include the Government fee and service fee.
We understand your concern about how much it will cost to get your Kenya visa for Japanese citizens. It is why our team prepared the following 03 choices:
- Normal: The price is reasonable, despite the slower processing speed. You will receive a Kenya visa within 03 working days.
- Urgent: You will receive your documents much faster than with the previous option. Your application will be processed within 24 working hours.
- Super Urgent: It is the fastest option available for last-minute trips. You will receive your Kenya e-visa within 05 working hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.