Kenya eTA requirements for Japanese citizens in 2024
- 1. Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens:
- 2. Kenya eTA requirements for Japanese citizens:
- 3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Japan:
- 4. Kenya eTA fees for Japanese citizens:
Excellent news for Japanese citizens planning a trip to South Africa! You can now apply for a Kenyan eTA online, eliminating the need to visit the Kenyan embassy. This is an excellent option for those who want to avoid a cumbersome and time-consuming process.
While the eTA is not as stringent as the consular counterpart, you must still ensure that you meet all of the requirements before applying. You will have a successful application process this way. If you want to learn more about Kenya eTA requirements for Japanese citizens, keep reading below.
1. Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens:
Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens is a document that allows Japanese nationals to join Kenya legally. The system is electronic and the eTA is linked to your passport.
Japan passport holders traveling to Kenya must get an eTA before their trip. Fortunately, since 2024, this process can be done 100% online.
The Kenyan government introduced the eTA in 2024, which facilitates obtaining an authorized entry permit for foreign travelers. Japanese are among the most frequent visitors to Kenya every year.
Japanese passport holders can apply for an eTA for Kenya from the comfort of their homes. The eTA request can be completed within 20 minutes.
The Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens allows Japanese travelers to visit the country for leisure, short-term medical purposes, to see family and friends, or for business reasons.
The Kenya online eTA allows for a stay of up to 90 days in Kenya. Once in Kenya, eTA holders for Kenya have the option to extend their stay for an additional 90 days.
Kenya eTA types for Japanese citizens:
We offer 03 different eTA to travelers from Japanese citizens:
- Kenya tourist eTA: If you intend to stay in the country for an extended period of time, the Tourist eTA is an excellent choice. You'll have 90 days from the arrival date with a Tourist eTA to relax, visit colleagues or friends, and enjoy the food, culture, and sights Kenya has to offer. This eTA is for single entry and can be extended.
- Kenya transit eTA: If you do not intend to stay for an extended period of time, the Transit eTA may be an option for you. Japanese citizens will be able to stay in Kenya for up to 03 days with this eTA.
- Kenya business eTA: This eTA allows a single entry stay of up 90 days for business purposes.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Japanese citizens:
A number of other documents and conditions must be met by Japanese travelers in order to obtain a Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens. These Kenya eTA entry requirements are divided into several categories and pieces of information:
A valid passport – The only passport requirement for obtaining a Kenya eTA from Japan is to have a Japanese passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry into Kenya. There are at least 02 blank pages available inside the passport to receive exit/entry stamps at the Kenyan border.
Recent digital passport photo: The photo must adhere to the guidelines of a passport photo, which includes being as recent as possible. In addition, the photo should be taken against a white background.
An email address – Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive updates on the status of their Kenya electronic eTA and its eventual approval.
Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Kenya wants you to assure them that you are traveling to Kenya temporarily and that you will be leaving to go to your final destination.
Business documents including Invitation letter, COI of company, staff’s ID card/Passport for Business eTA.
If Japanese applicants’ passports are bound to expire, they must be renewed before applying for a Kenya eTA online
Furthermore, dual nationals with multiple passports must ensure that they travel to Kenya using the same travel document that they used to request an eTA.
It is critical to remember that the Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens is only an authorization to travel and does not grant entry into the country. This permission can only be granted after immigration officials at the border crossing have verified the visitors' travel documents.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Japan:
The Kenya eTA can be obtained from anywhere in the world; all Japanese nationals need is a working internet connection and the necessary Kenya documents.
The application process for a Kenya eTA is quick and simple. The Kenya eTA application form only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and Japanese citizens will be asked for personal questions such as:
Date of birth
Japanese travelers can get a Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Apply for a Kenya eTA Online form
- Step 2: Pay for the eTA processing fee
- Step 3: Print out Kenya eTA
It is critical that all of the information provided in the application be correct. Applicants from Japan will be able to review the form before it is presented to avoid errors, so travelers are encouraged to double-check the information. If there are any errors or missing information, the eTA for Kenya may be denied.
Processing time for Kenya eTA from Japan:
If the Kenya eTA is granted, the Japanese applicant will receive an email within 05 working hours to 03 working days. The electronic eTA will have a validity period of 180 days from the issued date.
It is advised to save the eTA information online and to obtain a printed copy, as well as other official Japanese travel documents, to show to immigration officials at the port of entry.
Japanese nationals should also apply for a Kenya eTA well in advance to avoid any delays or problems with their travel authorization.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Japanese citizens:
Japanese citizens pay the eTA processing fees online using a debit or credit card, eTA card, PayPal, American Express, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account when making their application.
The Kenya eTA fees include the Government fee and service fee.
We understand your concern about how much it will cost to get your Kenya eTA for Japanese citizens. It is why our team prepared the following 03 choices:
- Normal: The price is reasonable, despite the slower processing speed. You will receive a Kenya eTA within 03 working days.
- Urgent: You will receive your documents much faster than with the previous option. Your application will be processed within 24 working hours.
- Super Urgent: It is the fastest option available for last-minute trips. You will receive your Kenya eTA within 05 working hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.