Kenya visa requirements for Austrian citizens
Austrian citizens are among those eligible to apply for a Kenyan visa online. The local Government provides the Kenya e-Visa to Austrians planning to visit the country for tourism, visit, medical, or business purposes for up to 90 days.
All Austrians need to do is meet the electronic visa requirements and fill in the online application form, which can be completed without visiting Kenyan Embassies or consulates.
At kenyaimmigration.org, we provide you with the possibility of applying for any of these visas online and from the comfort of your house without having to go to any embassy.
Learn more about the Kenya visa requirements for Austrian citizens in our article
1. Kenya e-visa for Austrian citizens:
Austria is among the countries whose citizens may apply for a Kenya e-Visa in order to visit the country. If a traveler is unsure whether they are eligible to apply for a Kenya e-Visa, they can always contact Kenya e-Visa Services for verification before completing the online application form.
The Kenya e-visa, introduced in 2015, is a travel document that allows all visitors to enter Kenya without difficulty. The Kenya e-visa for Austrian citizens is valid for 90 days for tourism, business, and transit reasons.
The e-Visa for Kenya is a single-entry visa. Austrian nationals traveling to Kenya for more than 3 months, or for non-tourism purposes, need to apply for a visa through the Kenya embassy in Austria
Type of Kenya e-visas:
Before you get your Kenya e-visa, decide how long you want to spend in Kenya, and then apply for the one that fits your itinerary.
There are 04 types of Kenya e-visas:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you want to spend more time in Kenya, the Tourist E-Visa is an excellent option. Travelers from Austria can enjoy the landscapes, visit friends and relatives with the Tourist E-Visa. After entering Kenya, you'll have 90 days to explore this stunning country. The Tourist E-Visa must be used within 90 days from the time you arrive.
- Kenya transit e-visa: With the Transit E-Visa, you can stay in Kenya for up to 03 days while waiting for the next leg of your journey. This is ideal for those on a tight schedule or who anticipate a lengthy layover once in Kenya.
- Kenya business e-visa: Permits the Austrian passport holders to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of arrival with a single entry. This visa can be used for business activities such as meetings and contract negotiations, training purposes, or to attend a conference or a workshop.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ultimate E-Visa for travelers. Get the East Africa E-Visa if you want to see as much of East Africa as possible! With the East Africa E-Visa, you can visit not only Kenya but Rwanda and Uganda, too. You can enter and exit between 03 countries without restrictions until your 90-day stay is over.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Austrian citizens:
Before Austrian travelers can start their online application, it is important to learn the Kenya visa requirements for Austrian citizens.
They include the following:
- An Austrian passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya, with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scan or copy of the passport biographical page.
- A passport-style photograph of the Austrian applicant, which was recently taken.
- A valid email address. Austrian passport holders will receive all important information about the e-Visa, as well as the online visa itself, via email at the end of the application process.
- For Business e-visa: You need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
- For transit & East Africa e Visa: Flight tickets are required.
Once each one of the Kenya visa requirements is met, then Austrian travelers can complete Kenya’s entry e-Visa application form, pay the processing fee, and expect to receive the travel permit in PDF format.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Austria:
Once the Austrian traveler has determined that all the basic requirements for the Kenyan e-Visa application have been met, they can begin the application process by completing the online e-Visa application. The Kenyan e-Visa application will request personal information such as your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, travel details, and passport information.
Kenya e-Visa application for Austrian citizens is a very easy online process that can be completed in 03 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-Visa online application form.
- Step 2: Pay the e-Visa processing fee through a secure online system using a credit/debit card, American Express, Visa Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya e-visa
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
Austrian travelers are advised to answer these questions truthfully because any incorrect information discovered in the application can complicate the applicant's travel plans. In some cases, applicants may be denied a visa, while in others, their travel plans may be delayed. As a result, in order to avoid any issues, applicants must review the information entered on the form to ensure its accuracy.
Austrian travelers who applied for a Kenyan e-Visa online can expect to receive their e-Visa via email within 05 hours to 03 business days. After receiving their Kenya e-Visa, travelers must print a hard copy of their e-Visa to bring with them to Kenya. This must be presented to Kenyan Immigration and Border Control officials upon arrival in the country, along with their passports.
Austrian visitors will also need to keep a copy of their e-Visa with them at all times while in Kenya.
4. Kenya e-visa fees for Austrian citizens:
The price of a visa to travel from Austria to Kenya depends on the kind of visa and processing times. Kenya e-visa fees cover the costs of processing and are generally lower than traditional embassy visas.
Kenya e-visa fees that Austrian travelers have to pay to get your Kenya visa include the Kenya e-Visa service fee and the Government fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance should things go wrong while you are in Kenya.
For service fees, we have 03 different options for customers:
- Normal: This processing option allows you to get your e-Visa in 03 business days
- Urgent: You’ll receive your e-Visa within 24 business hours
- Super Urgent: This option is the fastest one, so you’ll get your e-Visa in as soon as 05 business hours.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic