Kenya eTA requirements for Austrian citizens in 2024
Austrian citizens are among those eligible to apply for a Kenyan eTA online. The local Government provides the Kenya eTA to Austrians planning to visit the country for tourism, visit, medical, or business purposes for up to 90 days.
All Austrians need to do is meet the electronic eTA requirements and fill in the online application form, which can be completed without visiting Kenyan Embassies or consulates.
At kenyaimmigration.org, we provide you with the possibility of applying for any of these eTA online and from the comfort of your house without having to go to any embassy.
Learn more about the Kenya eTA requirements for Austrian citizens in our article
1. Kenya eTA for Austrian citizens:
Austria is among the countries whose citizens may apply for a Kenya eTA in order to visit the country. If a traveler is unsure whether they are eligible to apply for a Kenya eTA, they can always contact Kenya eTA for verification before completing the online application form.
The Kenya eTA, introduced in 2024, is a travel document that allows all visitors to enter Kenya without difficulty. The Kenya eTA for Austrian citizens is valid for 90 days for tourism, business, and transit reasons.
The eTA for Kenya is a single-entry eTA. Austrian nationals traveling to Kenya for more than 3 months, or for non-tourism purposes, need to apply for a eTA through the Kenya embassy in Austria
Type of Kenya eTA:
Before you get your Kenya eTA, decide how long you want to spend in Kenya, and then apply for the one that fits your itinerary.
There are 03 types of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: If you want to spend more time in Kenya, the Tourist eTA is an excellent option. Travelers from Austria can enjoy the landscapes, visit friends and relatives with the Tourist eTA. After entering Kenya, you'll have 90 days to explore this stunning country. The Tourist eTA must be used within 90 days from the time you arrive.
- Kenya transit eTA: With the Transit eTA, you can stay in Kenya for up to 03 days while waiting for the next leg of your journey. This is ideal for those on a tight schedule or who anticipate a lengthy layover once in Kenya.
- Kenya business eTA: Permits the Austrian passport holders to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of arrival with a single entry. This eTA can be used for business activities such as meetings and contract negotiations, training purposes, or to attend a conference or a workshop.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Austrian citizens:
Before Austrian travelers can start their online application, it is important to learn the Kenya eTA requirements for Austrian citizens.
They include the following:
- An Austrian passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya, with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scan or copy of the passport biographical page.
- A passport-style photograph of the Austrian applicant, which was recently taken.
- A valid email address. Austrian passport holders will receive all important information about the eTA, as well as the online eTA itself, via email at the end of the application process.
- For Business eTA: You need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
- For transit & East Africa e eTA: Flight tickets are required.
Once each one of the Kenya eTA requirements is met, then Austrian travelers can complete Kenya’s entry eTA application form, pay the processing fee, and expect to receive the travel permit in PDF format.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Austria:
Once the Austrian traveler has determined that all the basic requirements for the Kenyan eTA application have been met, they can begin the application process by completing the online eTA application. The Kenyan eTA application will request personal information such as your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, travel details, and passport information.
Kenya eTA application for Austrian citizens is a very easy online process that can be completed in 03 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya eTA online application form.
- Step 2: Pay the eTA processing fee through a secure online system using a credit/debit card, American Express, eTA Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
Austrian travelers are advised to answer these questions truthfully because any incorrect information discovered in the application can complicate the applicant's travel plans. In some cases, applicants may be denied a eTA, while in others, their travel plans may be delayed. As a result, in order to avoid any issues, applicants must review the information entered on the form to ensure its accuracy.
Austrian travelers who applied for a Kenyan eTA online can expect to receive their eTA via email within 05 hours to 03 business days. After receiving their Kenya eTA, travelers must print a hard copy of their eTA to bring with them to Kenya. This must be presented to Kenyan Immigration and Border Control officials upon arrival in the country, along with their passports.
Austrian visitors will also need to keep a copy of their eTA with them at all times while in Kenya.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Austrian citizens:
The price of a eTA to travel from Austria to Kenya depends on the kind of eTA and processing times. Kenya eTA fees cover the costs of processing and are generally lower than traditional embassy eTA.
Kenya eTA fees that Austrian travelers have to pay to get your Kenya eTA include the Kenya eTA service fee and the Government fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Kenya travel insurance should things go wrong while you are in Kenya.
For service fees, we have 03 different options for customers:
- Normal: This processing option allows you to get your eTA in 03 business days
- Urgent: You’ll receive your eTA within 24 business hours
- Super Urgent: This option is the fastest one, so you’ll get your eTA in as soon as 05 business hours.