Kenya eTA requirements for Djiboutian citizens in 2024
If you are a Djiboutian and are planning a trip, you can now obtain an electronic eTA instead of visiting the Kenya embassy. The application is entirely online, and kenyaimmigration.org will assist you every step of the way. All you have to do is go to the website and follow the instructions. We designed an application process that takes less than 10 minutes, and Djiboutian citizens can get their Kenya eTA in as little as 5 hours.
However, we recommend that you read the article below to learn more about the Kenya eTA requirements for Djiboutian citizens.
Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens:
If you are a Djiboutian national planning a trip to Kenya, you will need a Kenya eTA to enter the country.
The Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens is an online eTA system. This allows you to apply from the convenience of your own home rather than having to travel to an Embassy as you would with a traditional eTA.
The platform was launched in January, 2024 with the goal of streamlining and speeding up the Kenya eTA application process and making it easier for foreign visitors.
A Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens is valid for 90 days after being issued. You can stay in Kenya for a total of 90 days if you have a Kenya eTA. This is a single-entry document.
The Kenya eTA is intended for Djiboutians who are entering the country for the following reasons:
- Medical reasons
A Kenya eTA must be obtained online and takes only a few minutes to obtain. The application process is designed to be simple, quick, and easy to complete and submit. Your passport is linked to your Kenya eTA.
Type of Kenya eTA:
If you're flying to Kenya from Djibouti, you should understand the differences between eTA. Continue reading to learn about the four types of eTA before you plan your vacation:
- Kenya tourist eTA:The Tourist eTA is the best option if you intend to stay in Kenya for an extended period of time. Once you arrive, Kenya is yours to experience. Whether it's culture, shopping, food, or sightseeing, you'll find it all here. The Kenya tourist eTA is a single-entry permit that allows the holder to spend up to 90 days in the country.
- Kenya transit eTA: This is the preferred method. For travelers from Djibouti who can only visit Kenya for a short time, an eTA is the best option. The Transit eTA allows for 03 days in Kenya prior to departure.
- Kenya business eTA: If they are visiting Kenya for business, Djiboutians can apply for a Kenya business eTA. This is a single-entry eTA that allows Djiboutians to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the date of arrival.
- East Africa eTA: This option allows you to see Kenya as well as its neighboring countries. With the East Africa eTA, you'll have full access to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, with no restrictions on entering and exiting at any time during your 90-day stay.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Djiboutian citizens:
Djiboutians must meet the following Kenya eTA requirements before starting the application process:
- Djiboutian passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya, with at least 2 blank pages for entry and exit stamps
- Digital copy of the passport information page
- A recent color photo that meets passport standards
- Proof of travel plans, such as plane or train tickets, hotel reservations, or other lodging details
- Business documents (for Business eTA): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
- Active email address for all communications and eTA issuance
These conditions are mandatory for Djiboutian travelers to obtain a Kenya eTA online. They may apply in person at the Kenya Embassy in Djibouti if they do not meet these requirements. .
Kenya eTA requirements for Djiboutian citizens
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Djibouti
Djiboutian citizens must follow a few simple steps to apply for a Kenya eTA online:
Step 1: Fill out the online Kenya eTA application form in all its parts
Step 2: Make the payment for the eTA fee
Step 3: Download and print out the Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens.
Read more: How to get Kenya Online eTA
Applicants from Djibouti will receive the approved eTA via email at the address they provided. They are welcome to print a copy of the eTA, but it is not required. By inspecting the traveler's passport, Kenya border officials will be able to obtain this information.
Kenya online eTA processing time for Djiboutian citizens:
The Kenya eTA approval is sent to the applicant's email address within 5 to 72 business hours of applying. However, in most cases, Djiboutian nationals will obtain an eTA already within 05 hours.
Note that it is necessary to print the Kenya eTA for Djiboutian passport holders before traveling. Passengers will be asked to present their eTA at the border crossing along with their valid passports.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Djiboutian citizens:
The total price of the Kenya eTA for Djiboutian citizens depends on the type of eTA and the processing time you choose.
The Kenya eTA is a less expensive option for Djiboutians because it eliminates the need for trips to the Embassy. The entire process is online.
Kenya eTA fees are paid securely online using a debit or credit card, eTA, PayPal, American Express, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to HSBC bank account.
As for the processing times, Kenya Immigration & eTA Portal offers you three excellent choices:
- Normal: You’ll be ready with your eTA in only 03 Business Days
- Urgent: With this option, you’ll receive your eTA in 01 business day
- Super urgent: With this processing time, you’ll get your document in 05 business hours
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.