Kenya eTA requirements for Greek citizens in 2024
Greek passport holders who want to visit Kenya now have a much easier way of getting the necessary travel documents. Kenyan authorities have implemented a new online eTA, or eTA, in response to years of demand from international travelers, making the process of obtaining permission to visit Kenya much easier.
Kenya has long been regarded as one of the most desirable East African destinations due to its expansive national parks ideal for safari excursions, multicultural society, and long stretches of golden beaches. Greek citizens can now plan their trips to Kenya quickly and easily thanks to this new eTA.
For all the necessary information, you will need, consult the following sections and find out the Kenya eTA requirements for Greek citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Greek citizens:
The Kenya electronic travel authorization is a computer-generated document that allows you to visit Kenya for a short period of time. It functions similarly to a traditional visa, with the exception that it is processed through an electronic system. You do not need to go to the embassy to obtain an eTA; you can apply for it online.
Greek citizens require an eTA to visit Kenya, regardless of whether they intend to do so for tourism, medical, business, personal, or any other reason. Fortunately, obtaining a Kenya eTA for Greek citizens is a quick and simple process that can be completed in a matter of days.
The Kenyan Government introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system in January 2024, replacing visas for Ghana. Currently, an ETA is REQUIRED for Greek citizens who plan to visit Kenya.
Citizens of Greece can visit Kenya for several purposes with this online eTA and stay for a maximum of 90 consecutive days. If you leave Kenya during those 90 days, you must obtain a new eTA online before you return.
The application process for the Kenya eTA is completed completely online. Taking a few minutes to complete, you can fill out and submit the form.
Once the Kenya eTA for Greek citizens is approved, the authorization is automatically linked to your Greek passport electronically.
If you plan to travel to Kenya for other reasons, such as study or relocation, you should visit a Kenya embassy in Greece to find out about other eTA options
Type of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya tourist eTA: For Greek citizens looking for a deeper experience of Kenya, the Tourist eTA is the better option. You'll have 90 days to explore Uganda's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist eTA is valid for 90 days after issued and allows for one entry. You can obtain your Tourist eTA right here .
- Kenya transit eTA: If you only have a short visit, the Transit eTA is a great option. You'll have a total of three days in Kenya.
- Kenya business eTA is an official document allowing entry into Kenya for business purposes only. The eTA is valid for 90 days from the date it is issued
- East Africa eTA: This eTA allows you to travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one eTA. With this eTA, you can visit three countries multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Greek citizens:
Although the application process is simple and straightforward, there are a number of requirements that each applicant must have while filling out the form in order to obtain a Kenya eTA for Greek citizens. The following is a list of the information or documents that are required by the application:
- A Greek passport with a minimum of 06 months validity from the intended date of entry and 02 blank pages.
- The vital information from the main page of the passport, such as the passport number, expiration date, and country of origin.
- A valid email address, as the eTA will be sent via email.
- A digital copy of the biographical page and digital passport-type photograph will need to be submitted by Greek citizens before finishing the application. This photo must have a white or light background, and the Cambodian applicant should not be wearing any headgear or sunglasses. The photograph must be taken frontally, with the applicant's head and shoulders centered.
- A planned course of action. It is not necessary to adhere to the itinerary exactly, but a planned trip is required, so it is critical to plan ahead of time.
- Proof of onward travel from Kenya, either to your home country or to another country, as long as you show you intend to leave Kenya within the time frame specified.
- Business documents (for Business eTA): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Greek travelers must ensure that their passports are valid for their trip to Kenya. They may want to consider renewing their passport in order to maintain or obtain the validity required for the eTA application.
You must carry and enter Kenya with the same passport that was used throughout the eTA application form.
Greek travelers may provide proof of vaccination or meet other health requirements, unless they have recently visited an area considered at high risk of yellow fever infection. In this case, a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required to obtain entry.
3. How to apply for a Kenya eTA online from Greece:
The Kenya eTA can be obtained from anywhere in the world; all Greek nationals will need is a working internet connection and the necessary documents required by Kenya.
The application process for a Kenya eTA is quick and simple. The Kenya eTA application form only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and Greek citizens will be asked personal questions such as:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
To apply for a Kenya electronic eTA, Greek citizens must follow a few simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya eTA application form.
- Step 2: Make the payment for the eTA fee.
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya eTA.
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
It is imperative to provide correct and full information in the application form. If this is not the case, the eTA application may be canceled.
Most Greek applicants are issued their eTA within 05 to 72 business hours.
The approved eTA will be emailed to Greek applicants at the email address they provided. They may print a copy of the eTA, Border officials in Kenya will ask both it and the traveler’s passport details.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Greek citizens:
This document is not free, and you must pay Government fee and Service fee. Keep in mind that this is required in order for you to receive your eTA on time and without having to spend much time in long lines at the airport or the embassy.
The Kenya eTA fees will vary, as it will depend on the type of eTA and how long you want it. The good thing is that all the alternatives we offer fit into the pockets of our customers:
- Normal: Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. Your eTA application is processed in 3 business days.
- Urgent: The price is slightly higher than with the previous option. You will receive your eTA in 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: As you can expect, the price goes even higher. You'll receive your Kenya eTA in just 5 business hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.
Payment method – Simply pay for your eTA using PayPal, eTA, MasterCard, or American Express, debit/credit card, or wire transfer to our HSBC bank account. Have your preferred method of payment ready at checkout.