Kenya visa requirements for Greek citizens
Greek passport holders who want to visit Kenya now have a much easier way of getting the necessary travel documents. Kenyan authorities have implemented a new online visa, or e-Visa, in response to years of demand from international travelers, making the process of obtaining permission to visit Kenya much easier.
Kenya has long been regarded as one of the most desirable East African destinations due to its expansive national parks ideal for safari excursions, multicultural society, and long stretches of golden beaches. Greek citizens can now plan their trips to Kenya quickly and easily thanks to this new e-visa.
For all the necessary information, you will need, consult the following sections and find out the Kenya e-visa requirements for Greek citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Greek citizens:
The Kenya electronic visa is a computer-generated document that allows you to visit India for a short period of time. It functions similarly to a paper visa, with the exception that it is processed through an electronic system. You do not need to go to the embassy to obtain an e-Visa; you can apply for it online.
Greek citizens require a visa to visit Kenya, regardless of whether they intend to do so for tourism, medical, business, personal, or any other reason. Fortunately, obtaining a Kenya e-visa for Greek citizens is a quick and simple process that can be completed in a matter of days.
Since 2015, Greek travelers have been eligible for the online visa for Kenya. In 2021, the e-Visa became a requirement for visitors from Greece.
Citizens of Greece can visit Kenya for several purposes with this online visa and stay for a maximum of 90 consecutive days. If you leave Kenya during those 90 days, you must obtain a new e-Visa online before you return.
The application process for the Kenya e-Visa is completed completely online. Taking a few minutes to complete, you can fill out and submit the form.
Once the Kenya e-visa for Greek citizens is approved, the authorization is automatically linked to your Greek passport electronically.
If you plan to travel to Kenya for other reasons, such as study or relocation, you should visit a Kenya embassy in Greece to find out about other visa options
Type of Kenya e-visas:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: For Greek citizens looking for a deeper experience of Kenya, the Tourist e-Visa is the better option. You'll have 90 days to explore Uganda's culture, food, and beautiful sights. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued and allows for one entry. You can obtain your Tourist e-Visa right here .
- Kenya transit e-visa: If you only have a short visit, the Transit e-Visa is a great option. You'll have a total of three days in Kenya.
- Kenya business e-visa is an official document allowing entry into Kenya for business purposes only. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date it is issued
- East Africa E-Visa: This visa allows you to travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one visa. With this visa, you can visit three countries multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Greek citizens:
Although the application process is simple and straightforward, there are a number of requirements that each applicant must have while filling out the form in order to obtain a Kenya e-visa for Greek citizens. The following is a list of the information or documents that are required by the application:
- A Greek passport with a minimum of 06 months validity from the intended date of entry and 02 blank pages.
- The vital information from the main page of the passport, such as the passport number, expiration date, and country of origin.
- A valid email address, as the visa will be sent via email.
- A digital copy of the biographical page and digital passport-type photograph will need to be submitted by Greek citizens before finishing the application. This photo must have a white or light background, and the Cambodian applicant should not be wearing any headgear or sunglasses. The photograph must be taken frontally, with the applicant's head and shoulders centered.
- A planned course of action. It is not necessary to adhere to the itinerary exactly, but a planned trip is required, so it is critical to plan ahead of time.
- Proof of onward travel from Kenya, either to your home country or to another country, as long as you show you intend to leave Kenya within the time frame specified.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Greek travelers must ensure that their passports are valid for their trip to Kenya. They may want to consider renewing their passport in order to maintain or obtain the validity required for the e-Visa application.
You must carry and enter Kenya with the same passport that was used throughout the e-Visa application form.
Greek travelers may provide proof of vaccination or meet other health requirements, unless they have recently visited an area considered at high risk of yellow fever infection. In this case, a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required to obtain entry.
3. How to apply for a Kenya visa online from Greece:
The Kenya e-Visa can be obtained from anywhere in the world; all Greek nationals will need is a working internet connection and the necessary documents required by Kenya.
The application process for a Kenya e-Visa is quick and simple. The Kenya e-Visa application form only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and Greek citizens will be asked personal questions such as:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
To obtain the Kenya electronic visa, Greek citizens must follow a few simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e-Visa application form.
- Step 2: Make the payment for the e-Visa fee.
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa.
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
It is imperative to provide correct and full information in the application form. If this is not the case, the visa application may be canceled.
Most Greek applicants are issued their visas within 05 to 72 business hours.
The approved e-Visa will be emailed to Greek applicants at the email address they provided. They may print a copy of the e-Visa, Border officials in Kenya will ask both it and the traveler’s passport details.
4. Kenya visa fees for Greek citizens:
This document is not free, and you must pay Government fee and Service fee. Keep in mind that this is required in order for you to receive your e-Visa on time and without having to spend much time in long lines at the airport or the embassy.
The Kenya e-visa fees will vary, as it will depend on the type of visa and how long you want it. The good thing is that all the alternatives we offer fit into the pockets of our customers:
- Normal: Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. Your visa application is processed in 3 business days.
- Urgent: The price is slightly higher than with the previous option. You will receive your visa in 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: As you can expect, the price goes even higher. You'll receive your Kenya e-Visa in just 5 business hours.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance.
Payment method – Simply pay for your e-Visa using PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, debit/credit card, or wire transfer to our HSBC bank account. Have your preferred method of payment ready at checkout.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic