Kenya eVisa requirements for Canadian Citizens
Since 2015, travelers from Canada are able to apply online for an e-Visa to Kenya. Citizens of Canada can use this electronic travel document to enter Kenya for several purposes for up to 90 days.
In this article, Canadian travelers can find all the necessary information about the Kenya e-Visa requirements for Canadian Citizens, visa fees, and how to apply.
1. Kenya e-Visa for Canadian citizens:
If you are a Canadian citizen who wants to travel to Kenya for tourism, medical reasons, or business, you can apply for a Kenya e-Visa.
The Kenya e-Visa application is completed entirely online. The form is simple to complete and submit, and it only takes a few minutes. The electronic visa allows for a quick and simple application process that eliminates the need for travelers to visit a Kenya embassy in Canada.
When the Kenya e-Visa for Canadian citizens is approved, the authorization is electronically linked to your Canadian passport.
How long could Canadians stay in Kenya?
The Kenya e-Visa holders with purpose of travel, business or visit family and friends are allowed to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
If Kenya is your connecting country to your final destination, a single transit visa will allow you to pass through without having stayed in Kenya for 72 hours.
Once inside the country, the visa can be extended for another 90 days.
The Kenya e-visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Canadian citizens have three months to enter Kenya one time from the day they receive the approved visa.
2. What are the Kenya e-Visa Requirements for Canadian citizens?
What's great about traveling to Kenya is that visas don't take much time or effort to apply online. To enter Kenya, a Canadian citizen must meet the minimum Kenya visa requirements set by the Kenyan government.
The basic Kenya e-Visa requirements for Canadian citizens are:
- Valid Canadian passport: - Canadian national passport must be valid for 6 months after your arrival in Kenya.
- Digital photograph taken within the last six months.
- Return air ticket.
And the rest of the procedure depends on the type of e-visa that you apply for.
- For those who apply for a Kenya transit e-visa: Onward ticket. Because you will be in Kenya for less than 72 hours, you will need proof that you are traveling to another country.
- For those who apply for a Kenya tourist or business e-visa: the itinerary or proof of the invitation to come to Kenya and the information of the place that you stay in Kenya.
Please note that you must have a valid email address in order to receive Kenya e-Visa. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Canada?
The online process to apply for a Kenya e-visa from Canada is very simple. These are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: fill out the online form on our website, and then choose the best processing option for your e-Visa.
- Step 2: Double check your information and proceed to payment.
- Step 3: Check your provided email regularly to follow our guidelines to complete your application.
After you complete this step, you will be able to receive your e-visa via email.
Read more: How to get a Kenya online visa
3. How much does a visa cost in Kenya?
You will pay two types of Kenya e-visa fees when applying for a Kenya visa online from Canada: the Service Fee and the Government Fee. The method of payment can be: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal and wire transfer.
The cost of your Kenya visa also varies depending on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. If you are in urgent need of entering Kenya, we have a special team to support you to get Kenya e-Visa on time. In Particular, you can receive your e-visa within 24 hours or even 5 business hours. In exchange, you will pay an amount of the corresponding fee.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
To enter Kenya, Canadian citizens must obtain a visa before departing. Canadian travelers can apply for a visa online to Kenya which is more convenient and cost-effective than a traditional one. Canadian applicants must pay the Kenya visa fee before sending their application in for evaluation.
There are two different sorts of Kenya eVisa fees that Canadian nationals must pay to complete the process of applying for a visa from Canada: the Government Fee and the Service charge.
The Government fee is mandatory for all Canadian applicants who want to obtain a visa for their trip to this beautiful country. Canadian travelers should notice that the Government charge varies for the four distinct forms of Kenya eVisa. For instance, Canadian nationals requiring a Kenyan tourist or business visa must pay US$ 95.00 for the Government fee, while those applying for a Kenyan transit visa must pay US$ 65.00 for this fee and $150.00 for the East Africa visa.
The service fee, on the other hand, is charged depending on the processing timeframe that Canadian citizens choose for their visa application. In most cases, Canadian nationals can get their Kenya eVisa within 03 business days and they have to pay $59.00 for the service fee. For travelers who want to receive their visa sooner, within 24 hours, they need to pay an additional $79.00. Kenya Immigration Service also provides rush visa services that are suitable for Canadian residents who need their visa in just 05 hours with a fee of additional $99.00.
Yes. Canadian citizens who want to visit Kenya must obtain a visa before traveling because they are not on the exemption list of Kenya visas. To expedite and simplify the visa application process, the Kenyan Government has launched an electronic visa system for many countries in the world, including Canada. Travelers from Canada now can apply for a Kenya eVisa from anywhere using a smart device that is connected to the Internet. This way eliminates the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa as traditional.
- Tourist e-visa: This is a single entry visa issued to Canadian travelers whose purpose of the visit is to enjoy the landscapes and culture in Kenya. It permits a 90-day stay from the arrival date and can be extended.
- Business e-visa: granted for Canadian nationals who want to visit Kenya for business purposes. Holders of this visa can enter the country once and stay there for up to 90 days from the date of entry.
- Transit e-visa: Transiting through Kenya en route to other destinations are possible with transit eVisa. Canadian citizens can have a 03-day layover in Kenya and explore what this country has to offer.
- East Africa Tourist e-visa: is granted for Canadian residents who want to visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda on the same trip. This multiple-entry type of visa permits a total stay of 90 days in the three countries.
Once the visa is granted, it will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided in the application form. Canadian citizens should download and print out their Kenya eVisa after receiving it because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask them to present their valid visa along with their passport upon arrival.
Online Kenyan visa applications are simple and speedy. Canadian nationals just need to spend about 15 minutes completing the application form, providing some visa details and personal information. Before proceeding to the payment section, applicants should revise all the data provided in the form. This step is essential as any mistakes or unmatched information may be the causes of the delays or even cancellation of the visa application process.
- Normal processing time: Most Canadian applicants go for this option because it is the cheapest visa service available. With this option, they will get their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Canadians who do not have much time waiting for a Kenya eVisa should choose this option. The processing time for their visa is in 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: If Canadian nationals use this service, they can obtain their e-Visa result in just 05 hours.
A Kenya transit visa is granted to Canadian citizens who connect through Kenya to other countries for a period of no longer than 72 hours. This is a single entry visa and cannot be extended. There is no requirement to obtain a transit visa for those staying in the airport and waiting for the connecting flights.
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with some essential information: visa details and personal information.
- Step 2: Double check all the information provided to ensure that Canadian travelers entered the accurate details. After that, make an online payment for the transit visa fee using electronic payment methods (PayPal, American Express, Debit/ Credit Card) or Wire Transfer (transaction via the Bank of Cyprus).
- Step 3: Submit the visa application. Canadian travelers will get their transit eVisa in a maximum of 03 business days if they provide the correct information and enough required documents (passport, photo, and an onward flight ticket after 3 days). They should have a visa printout before departing to present to the Immigration Officer upon arrival.