Kenya eVisa requirements for Canadian Citizens
Since 2015, travelers from Canada are able to apply online for an e-Visa to Kenya. Citizens of Canada can use this electronic travel document to enter Kenya for several purposes for up to 90 days.
In this article, Canadian travelers can find all the necessary information about the Kenya e-Visa requirements for Canadian Citizens, visa fees, and how to apply.
1. Kenya e-Visa for Canadian citizens:
If you are a Canadian citizen who wants to travel to Kenya for tourism, medical reasons, or business, you can apply for a Kenya e-Visa.
The Kenya e-Visa application is completed entirely online. The form is simple to complete and submit, and it only takes a few minutes. The electronic visa allows for a quick and simple application process that eliminates the need for travelers to visit a Kenya embassy in Canada.
When the Kenya e-Visa for Canadian citizens is approved, the authorization is electronically linked to your Canadian passport.
How long could Canadians stay in Kenya?
The Kenya e-Visa holders with purpose of travel, business or visit family and friends are allowed to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
If Kenya is your connecting country to your final destination, a single transit visa will allow you to pass through without having stayed in Kenya for 72 hours.
Once inside the country, the visa can be extended for another 90 days.
The Kenya e-visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Canadian citizens have three months to enter Kenya one time from the day they receive the approved visa.
2. What are the Kenya e-Visa Requirements for Canadian citizens?
What's great about traveling to Kenya is that visas don't take much time or effort to apply online. To enter Kenya, a Canadian citizen must meet the minimum Kenya visa requirements set by the Kenyan government.
The basic Kenya e-Visa requirements for Canadian citizens are:
- Valid Canadian passport: - Canadian national passport must be valid for 6 months after your arrival in Kenya.
- Digital photograph taken within the last six months.
- Return air ticket.
And the rest of the procedure depends on the type of e-visa that you apply for.
- For those who apply for a Kenya transit e-visa: Onward ticket. Because you will be in Kenya for less than 72 hours, you will need proof that you are traveling to another country.
- For those who apply for a Kenya tourist or business e-visa: the itinerary or proof of the invitation to come to Kenya and the information of the place that you stay in Kenya.
Please note that you must have a valid email address in order to receive Kenya e-Visa. How to apply for a Kenya visa from Canada?
The online process to apply for a Kenya e-visa from Canada is very simple. These are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: fill out the online form on our website, and then choose the best processing option for your e-Visa.
- Step 2: Double check your information and proceed to payment.
- Step 3: Check your provided email regularly to follow our guidelines to complete your application.
After you complete this step, you will be able to receive your e-visa via email.
Read more: How to get a Kenya online visa
3. How much does a visa cost in Kenya?
You will pay two types of Kenya e-visa fees when applying for a Kenya visa online from Canada: the Service Fee and the Government Fee. The method of payment can be: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal and wire transfer.
The cost of your Kenya visa also varies depending on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. If you are in urgent need of entering Kenya, we have a special team to support you to get Kenya e-Visa on time. In Particular, you can receive your e-visa within 24 hours or even 5 business hours. In exchange, you will pay an amount of the corresponding fee.