Kenya eVisa requirements for Canadian Citizens
- Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Canadian Citizens Currently Available
- Apply Kenya Visa For Canadian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Canadian Citizens
Kenya visa for Canadian citizens: Traveling abroad can be tricky, and each country's e visa requirements can be even more complex. If you are planning to travel to Kenya, you need to learn more about Kenya visa requirements in advance. We will cover the Kenya visa requirements for Canadian citizens in this article. It is important to note that Canadian passport holders currently face some obstacles, such as Kenya's specific immigration rules and regulations that apply to Canadian passports.
Kenya visa for Canadian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from Canada?
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services will also explain the Kenya e visa fees, services, types and the Kenya e visa requirements for Canadian citizens available. These insights will provide a clearer understanding of how to obtain online Kenya visas from Canada as simplest and fastest as possible, after that you can fully enjoy your wonderful moments in Kenya without any worry. Let's begin!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
- Canada is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for Canadian passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, Canadian citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
Canadian citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in Canada or consulate nearest.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, Canadian applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid Canadian passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the Canadian passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Canadian Citizens Currently Available
Canadians seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several different types of Kenya visas available for Canadian citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to Canadian citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for Canadian citizens only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when Canadians need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing Canadian travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. Canadian workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist eVisas allow Canadians traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, Canadian tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
Canadian citizens needing a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for the necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulate or embassy of Kenya in Canada.
Apply Kenya Visa For Canadian Citizens Right From Your Home
Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including Canada.
Although the Government does not require Canadian applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application. Therefore, as Canadian nationals applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Apply a Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- Canadian passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of Canadian passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the Canadian applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that Canadian travelers need to provide. These are listed below:
Kenya Tourist visa requirements
Canadian travelers need to provide your travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for Canadian citizens
Kenya Business visa requirements
Canadians are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as the passport number. Canadian applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required
- Step 3: With system tab check Kenya e visa status allows Canadian citizens to track the status of Kenya e visa application process at any time. Canadian applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
Canadian citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Canadian Citizens
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa service fee for Canadian citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for Canadian citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa fee and Kenya Government fee.
- In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Canadian citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for Canadian citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
Lean about Kenya e visa fees for Canadian citizens
Kenya e visa services for Canadian citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 3 options of Kenya e visa service for Canadian citizens depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, Canadian travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, Canadian citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. Canadians can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for Canadian citizens here.
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenyan travel insurance for Canadian citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for Canadian citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, Canadian travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that travel insurance Kenya is essential for Canadian citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
Canadian citizens can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for necessary Kenya visa at Kenya embassy in Canada
Normally, the Kenya consulate/embassy office in Canada is open Monday to Friday.
Kenya consulate and embassy office hours in Canada
- From Monday to Friday
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00.
Consulate of the Republic of Kenya in Ottawa, Canada
- Address: 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario, KIN 6R4p
- On public holidays in Kenya and Canada, the Kenya consulate's offices in Canada may be closed.
Link the consulate and embassy of Kenya in Canada here.
Note about Kenya e visas for Canadian citizens
- Canadian passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that Canadian citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
To enter Kenya, Canadian citizens must obtain a visa before departing. Canadian travelers can apply for a visa online to Kenya which is more convenient and cost-effective than a traditional one. Canadian applicants must pay the Kenya visa fee before sending their application in for evaluation.
There are two different sorts of Kenya eVisa fees that Canadian nationals must pay to complete the process of applying for a visa from Canada: the Government Fee and the Service charge.
The Government fee is mandatory for all Canadian applicants who want to obtain a visa for their trip to this beautiful country. Canadian travelers should notice that the Government charge varies for the four distinct forms of Kenya eVisa. For instance, Canadian nationals requiring a Kenyan tourist or business visa must pay US$ 95.00 for the Government fee, while those applying for a Kenyan transit visa must pay US$ 65.00 for this fee and $150.00 for the East Africa visa.
The service fee, on the other hand, is charged depending on the processing timeframe that Canadian citizens choose for their visa application. In most cases, Canadian nationals can get their Kenya eVisa within 03 business days and they have to pay $59.00 for the service fee. For travelers who want to receive their visa sooner, within 24 hours, they need to pay an additional $79.00. Kenya Immigration Service also provides rush visa services that are suitable for Canadian residents who need their visa in just 05 hours with a fee of additional $99.00.
Yes. Canadian citizens who want to visit Kenya must obtain a visa before traveling because they are not on the exemption list of Kenya visas. To expedite and simplify the visa application process, the Kenyan Government has launched an electronic visa system for many countries in the world, including Canada. Travelers from Canada now can apply for a Kenya eVisa from anywhere using a smart device that is connected to the Internet. This way eliminates the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa as traditional.
- Tourist e-visa: This is a single entry visa issued to Canadian travelers whose purpose of the visit is to enjoy the landscapes and culture in Kenya. It permits a 90-day stay from the arrival date and can be extended.
- Business e-visa: granted for Canadian nationals who want to visit Kenya for business purposes. Holders of this visa can enter the country once and stay there for up to 90 days from the date of entry.
- Transit e-visa: Transiting through Kenya en route to other destinations are possible with transit eVisa. Canadian citizens can have a 03-day layover in Kenya and explore what this country has to offer.
- East Africa Tourist e-visa: is granted for Canadian residents who want to visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda on the same trip. This multiple-entry type of visa permits a total stay of 90 days in the three countries.
Once the visa is granted, it will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided in the application form. Canadian citizens should download and print out their Kenya eVisa after receiving it because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask them to present their valid visa along with their passport upon arrival.
Online Kenyan visa applications are simple and speedy. Canadian nationals just need to spend about 15 minutes completing the application form, providing some visa details and personal information. Before proceeding to the payment section, applicants should revise all the data provided in the form. This step is essential as any mistakes or unmatched information may be the causes of the delays or even cancellation of the visa application process.
- Normal processing time: Most Canadian applicants go for this option because it is the cheapest visa service available. With this option, they will get their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Canadians who do not have much time waiting for a Kenya eVisa should choose this option. The processing time for their visa is in 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: If Canadian nationals use this service, they can obtain their e-Visa result in just 05 hours.
A Kenya transit visa is granted to Canadian citizens who connect through Kenya to other countries for a period of no longer than 72 hours. This is a single entry visa and cannot be extended. There is no requirement to obtain a transit visa for those staying in the airport and waiting for the connecting flights.
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with some essential information: visa details and personal information.
- Step 2: Double check all the information provided to ensure that Canadian travelers entered the accurate details. After that, make an online payment for the transit visa fee using electronic payment methods (PayPal, American Express, Debit/ Credit Card) or Wire Transfer (transaction via the Bank of Cyprus).
- Step 3: Submit the visa application. Canadian travelers will get their transit eVisa in a maximum of 03 business days if they provide the correct information and enough required documents (passport, photo, and an onward flight ticket after 3 days). They should have a visa printout before departing to present to the Immigration Officer upon arrival.