Kenya e-visa requirements for Cuban citizens
Obtaining a visa to visit Kenya is now a much simpler process, thanks to the country's officials developing an online travel authorization system that allows eligible nationals to apply for a visa by filling out an online application form at Kenya Immigration Services.
Cuban nationals are among those who can apply for an electronic visa to enter Kenya and complete the entire process online. The Kenya electronic visa application will save Cuban nationals from having to visit embassies or consulates. Instead, they can start the process at any time and from any location around the world; all they need is a working internet connection and all of the necessary documents.
See more information about the Kenya e-visa requirements for Cuban citizens in this article.
Kenya e-visa for Cuban citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Cuban citizens:
Citizens of over 150 countries around the world are currently eligible to travel to Kenya with an electronic visa, also known as the Kenya e-visa, including Cuban citizens. Kenya's e-visa application process is quick and easy. Cuban applicants do not need to go to the Kenya embassy or attend an interview.
The Kenya e-Visa, introduced in 2015, is an authenticated document allowing entry into India thanks to an electronic link in your passport. This online document functions similarly to a paper visa in that it allows you to enter the country, but unlike the traditional visa, you do not need to visit the embassy to obtain it.
A Kenyan visa can be obtained online for tourism, business, and transit. Cubans must specify the purpose of their visit on the application form. The Kenya e-visa for Cuban citizens is valid to use and enter Kenya for 90 days from the date of issue. This visa is only valid for one entry. Simply reapply online for multiple trips to Kenya.
Cuban travelers who want to visit Kenya for other purposes which are not mentioned above, you must contact the Kenya embassy or consulate. The closest diplomatic mission for most Cuban is the Kenya embassy in Cuba.
Type of Kenya e-visa:
The type of visa required varies according to the purpose of the visit and the length of stay. Each visa serves a distinct function. The various types are as follows:
- Kenya transit e-visa: Cubans who wish to travel to another country but must stop in Kenya to transit must obtain a transit visa. The Kenya transit e-visa for Cuban citizens is valid for 90 days, permitting a 3-day stay in Kenya and is issued at the entry port's immigration office. This visa is not valid for tourism, business, or any other purpose other than transition.
- Kenya business e-visa: For Cubans who intend to conduct business in Kenya, the Kenyan government issues a separate type of travel authorization. It has a validity of 90 consecutive days. Travelers are allowed to stay in the country for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: When you apply for a Kenya tourist visa for Cuban citizens, you will be granted 90 days of validity and permitted to stay in Kenya for 90 days from the date of arrival.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa is a joint tourist visa that allows you to visit the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda for tourism purposes.You can visit three countries and stay for up to 90 days with this visa.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Cuban citizens:
Before applying for a Kenya e-visa for Cuban citizens, applicants must meet a few simple requirements and ensure that there are no gaps or missing documents in their profile. Cuban nationals must have the following documents and items on hand:
- Cuban passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- There should be at least two blank pages inside the passport for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Kenyan border.
- A scan of the information page of your passport - After filling out the application, we will ask you to submit it via email.
- Passport-style photograph of the applicant.
- An email address – To receive updates on the status of their Kenya electronic visa and its eventual approval, applicants must have a valid email address.
- Proof of travel: This could be an email confirmation from your hotel reservation, a flight confirmation, an invitation or referral letter, or a travel itinerary.
- An invitation letter and company COI from your company partner in Kenya will be required if you are applying for a business e-visa.
- For tourist e-visa - Applicants must submit the ID Host and invitation letter from relatives or friends living in Kenya.
Kenya e-visa requirements for Cuban citizens
The Cuban passport must be valid for at least 6 months prior to the planned date of arrival in Kenya. Candidates whose travel documents are about to expire must renew them before applying for a Kenya e-visa. Cubans wishing to travel to Kenya in 2022 must check which COVID-19 health documents are required.
3. How to get a Kenya visa for Cuban citizens:
The application is straightforward and simple to fill out. Each traveler must submit a separate application. However, it is possible for Cubans to help their family members or friends to apply for a Kenya e-Visa, as long as they provide the information and documents required.
To avoid complications in the review process, Cuban applicants must answer all questions in the online questionnaire as truthfully as possible. Applications that are missing documents or present incorrect or incomplete information may be delayed or even rejected.
Applicants are asked to provide their essential personal and Cuban passport information, including:
- Full name, date of birth, nationality, and gender
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Kenya
Once they confirm that the data given in the form is fully correct, Cuban applicants are required to pay the Kenya e-Visa fee. Payment is done through a secure online system using a debit or credit card, Visa, American, PayPal.
Kenya e-Visa processing time for Cuban citizens:
Kenya e-visa for Cuban citizens is typically processed as soon as the applicant submits the form. However, Cubans should be aware that the process can take up to 24 hours. Delays can occur due to factors such as application form errors and omissions, high demand, or national holidays.
The processing time to obtain a Kenya e-visa will take approximately 1 to 3 working days. You may get the e-visa result sooner depending on which processing time you want to choose. However, we suggest that travelers should apply at least 4 working days in advance.
4. Kenya visa fees for Cuban citizens:
Kenya e-visa fees for Cuban citizens
The Kenya e-visa fee for Cuba may vary depending on the type of visa. Electronic visas are typically less expensive than embassy-issued visas. The Kenya e-Visa fee consists of a government fee and a service fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance. This type of insurance will cover all your related medical treatment fees when you are abroad.
Kenya service fees vary depending on how quickly you need your visa; we provide three processing time frames of Kenya Immigration Services:
- Normal: Within three business days, your application will be processed. This is the cheapest option.
- Urgent: This option will have your visa ready within just 24 business hours, but you will be charged more.
- Super urgent: By applying with this processing option, you receive your Kenya e-visa in only 5 business hours.
Besides, Kenya immigration services also provide service packages to help customers have a great trip and ensure safety such as travel health insurance to Kenya, Kenya eSim cards, Car Pick-up service in Kenya.