Kenya visa requirements for German citizens - Fees & Services
Kenya visa requirements for German citizens: The process of traveling abroad is complicated, and it is even more difficult with some countries' e visa requirements. For those looking to visit Kenya, there are a few things you should know about Kenya visa requirements. In this article, we'll discuss the Kenya visa requirements for German citizens, as some of the country's specific immigration rules and regulations currently governing German passport holders can be a bit cumbersome.
Kenya visa for German citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from Germany?
In this article, the Kenya Immigration Services will also explain the Kenya e visa fees, services and types available for Germans, some tips to help you meet the Kenya e visa requirements for German citizens. After that, you can enjoy your trip to the fullest without worrying too much about the problems of the Kenya e visa application process anymore. Let's get started!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For German Citizens
- Germany is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for German passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, German citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
German citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in Germany or the nearest consulate.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for German citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, German applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid German passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the German passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for German citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For German Citizens Currently Available
Germans seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several different types of Kenya visas available for German citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for German citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the issued date and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to German citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for German citizens only allows a single-entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when Germans need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing German travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. German workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. With East Africa tourist eVisas allow Germans traveling around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, German tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
German citizens who wish to obtain a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulate or embassy of Kenya in Germany.
How To Apply A Kenya Visa For German Citizens Right From Your Home
Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including Germany.
Although the Government does not require German applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to send some documents to process your Kenya e visa application. Therefore, as German nationals applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to go to ensure a smooth process.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for German citizens online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- Flight tickets
- A scan of German passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the German applicant taken as recently as possible.
- German passport is valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that German travelers need to provide. These are listed below:
Kenya Tourist visa requirements
German travelers need to provide your travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for German citizens
Kenya Business visa requirements
Germans are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply Kenya e visa for German citizens by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as the passport number. German applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process.
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required.
- Step 3: German citizens can track the status of Kenya e visa application process at any time by checking Kenya e visa status on our website. German applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
German citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For German Citizens
Various types of Kenya visas are available, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fees for German citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya e visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for German citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for German citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa fee and Kenya Government fee.
- In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist German citizens while traveling to Kenya such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya and Kenya eSim.
More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for German citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for German citizens
Kenya e visa services for German citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering 3 options of Kenya e visa service for German citizens depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, German travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, German citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. Germans can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for German citizens here.
Consider to buy Kenya e visa with Kenyan travel insurance for German citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for German citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, German travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce such damages during the trip.
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that Kenya travel insurance is essential for German citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
German citizens can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Can apply for almost of necessary Kenya visas for German citizens at the Kenya embassy/consulate in Germany
On public holidays in Germany and Kenya, the Kenya embassy's offices in Germany may be closed.
Kenya embassy office hours in Germany
- From Monday to Friday; Morning: 09.00 - 12.30, Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00.
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Berlin, Germany
- Address: Markgrafenstr. 63, 10969 Berlin.
Link the consulate and embassy of Kenya in Germany here.
Note about Kenya e visas for German citizens
- German passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya.
- Please notice that German citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Germany Citizens FAQs
Yes. German passport bearers must possess a valid passport to have a trip to Kenya. Very few countries are exempted from Kenya visa requirements. People from nations with which Kenya has visa-waiver agreements are permitted entry into the country without a visa. They don't include Germany.
When it comes to safari tours in East Africa, most travelers immediately think of Kenya. It is among the best places to go on a safari if you are planning a trip to Africa. Before traveling to this country, German citizens need to obtain a Kenya visa.
The process of applying for a Kenya visa has been simplified thanks to Kenya's electronic visa system. Instead of queuing in a long line at the Embassy to apply for a visa, German travelers now can request a visa online from anywhere. A Kenya electronic visa functions as a regular visa, allowing German nationals to enter Kenya for many reasons such as tourism, medical treatment, transit, and business. The validity of an eVisa lasts 90 days from the issued date, with the duration of stay up to 90 days from the arrival date.
Kenya Immigration Services provides German citizens with reputable Kenya visa consulting services, helping them save a significant amount of time and money.
Yes. Citizens of the EU will need to possess a valid visa in order to travel to Kenya for safari tours or a beach vacation. The online visa system was launched in 2015 with the aim of speeding up the visa application process, making it easier for foreign citizens to obtain a visa to visit Kenya. From 2021, it is mandatory for EU travelers to have an eVisa to enter the country.
The application for a Kenya eVisa for German citizens is completed online which takes no longer than 15 minutes. German passport holders can apply for a Kenyan online visa if they meet all of the Kenya Visa requirements. The processing time for a Kenya eVisa will be between 05 business hours to 03 days if you apply on the Kenya Immigration Services portal.
- Step 1: The first step requests your name, address, passport number, and a few details about your trip to Kenya (visa type, the processing time,..). Note that the processing time option will determine how much your Kenya visa will cost.
- Step 2: Payment and revision are the components of the second step. You must be attentive when providing information since any inconsistency between your visa and your passport or ID card results in a travel document that is not legitimate. After that, the online payment for your visa application fee must be made.
- Step 3: Submit the visa application for review. Kenya Immigration Services provides you with 03 options for your visa processing time. With standard processing time, you can get your approved documents within 03 business days. Urgent service will help you receive your Kenya visa within 24 hours. Lastly, super urgent service is available for you in case you need your Kenya visa as fast as possible, typically in 05 business hours.
Frankfurt is approximately 6320 kilometers away from Nairobi. The duration of a nonstop flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Nairobi, Kenya is around 8 hours. Be prepared because the flight timings might alter depending on a variety of circumstances, including weather, wind speed, flight path, and air traffic congestion. German travelers must keep in mind that layover flights will always take longer than a non-stop flight because they will be landing and taking from at least one extra airport. In these circumstances, the layover location they select or the one their airline specifies will determine the length of the to Nairobi trip.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE