Kenya visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Taiwanese visitors must first obtain a Kenya visa from Taiwan in order to visit Kenya. Fortunately, the Kenyan Government launched a program called Kenyan e-visa, which makes it easier for citizens from more than 150 countries to visit the country.
The Kenyan e-visa process enables Taiwanese citizens to obtain a Kenya tourist visa without visiting a local embassy, having an in-person interview, or filling out a mountain of paperwork. The procedure takes less than an hour, and applicants can expect their e-visa in less than 72 hours.
To successfully receive your Kenya e-Visa, you must follow the Kenya e-Visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Kenya e-visa for Taiwanese citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese nationals who wish to travel to Kenya must obtain a visa before entering the country.
The Republic of Kenya introduced the e-visa for Kenya in 2015. It is an online visa that allows for short-term travel to the country. Taiwanese citizens can apply for and use an e-visa to visit Kenya for a variety of reasons, including tourism, business, religious travel, medical treatment, and family visits. The e-visa application process takes less than 30 minutes and can be completed from the comfort of their own homes.
The Kenya Visa for Taiwanese citizens is valid for 90 days from the issued date.
If you are planning to travel to the country for other reasons, such as relocation, work, or study, you are required to visit at Kenya embassy in Taiwan
Type of Kenya e-visas:
There are currently four types of Kenya eVisa:
- Kenya transit visa: This is a special visa issued for people who have connections to other destinations through Kenya for a period of no more than 72 hours.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: You must have a tourist e-Visa to enter the country for sightseeing or visiting friends or relatives. The visa is valid for a longer period of time than the transit visa. The validity of this visa is three months from the issued date with a single entry. During this time, you are free to explore this amazing world filled with rare animals and natural landscapes. To apply for a tourist e-Visa, you must first prepare a copy of your passport and a photo.
- Kenya business e-visa: is intended for people who want to participate in business-related activities such as attending exhibitions, meeting with partners in Kenya, looking for business opportunities, etc... This type of e-visa allows Taiwanese nationals to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date with one entry allowance.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa is for travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, with Kenya being the first stop on the journey. You can visit three countries multiple times as you wish during the visa validity period and stay for up to 90 days with this visa.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese applicants must meet certain Kenya visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens in order to apply for a Kenya visa online:
- A valid Taiwanese passport with at least 06 months validity from the date the traveler arrives in Kenya. At least 02 blank passport pages for entry/exit stamps are required.
- A scan of your passport’s biographical page: Scan and submit your passport photo with your application.
- A recently digitized color photograph was taken within the last six months
- A ticket indicating the Taiwanese traveler's next destination (or a return ticket home) from Kenya.
- A valid email address where the traveler can receive updates on the status of their Kenya e-visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from the host in Kenya.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): To apply for this type of e-Visa, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Kenya e-visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
3. How to get a Kenya e-visa for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese citizens can get a visa for Kenya online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online Kenya visa application form with necessary information about visa application and themselves.
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya visa fees for Taiwanese citizens
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
Taiwanese visitors who are ready to apply can do so online by filling out the Kenyan e-visa application, which should take less than 30 minutes.
On the Kenya online visa application for Kenya from Taiwan, tourists from Taiwan will be asked to provide their personal information including their personal details (full name, contact information, passport number, etc.), and visa information (type of visa, processing time, port of arrival),.
Before submitting the application, all Taiwanese applicants should double-check their answers to ensure that all of the information provided is correct. Errors or typos can cause the application's processing to be delayed or even denied.
Kenya e-visa processing time for Taiwanese visitors
The Kenyan e-visa processing time for Taiwanese citizens is typically between 05 and 72 hours.
Applicants in Taiwan may have to wait longer for their Kenya e-visas in rare cases, such as high demand or public holidays. As a result, we advise all travelers to apply for their Kenya e-visa well in advance (at least 07 days before the travel date) in order to enjoy a stress-free vacation.
Once their e-Visa application has been approved, the applicant from Taiwan will receive their e-Visa via email. Travelers must print out their approved Kenya e-visa and present it to border officials when arriving from Taiwan in order to enter Kenya.
4. Kenya e visa fees for Taiwanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa fees for Taiwanese citizens
The Kenya e-visa fees depend on several factors. The cost of various types of visas varies. Tourist e-Visas are typically less expensive than embassy-issued visas.
Kenya e visa fees for Taiwanese citizens vary depending on whether they choose priority or standard processing and the type of visa. On the payment page, the total cost is calculated, and applicants pay the fees securely online from Taiwan using a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
To apply for a Kenya visa online from Taiwan, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
Kenya Immigration Services has created three options for the processing time of visa applications. To put together the best trip, you can choose a type of processing that fits your budget and time constraints.
- Normal: This is possibly your most affordable option. If you have a few days free before your departure, you should be able to get your visa at a very reasonable price. (03 business days)
- Urgent: This option will cost slightly more than the other standard option, but you will be guaranteed a speedy visa process. (within 1 business day)
- Super urgent: If you need to leave for your trip right away, this is the best option for you. This option will provide you with your Visa the quickest. (05 business hours)