Kenya eTA requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Taiwanese visitors must first obtain a Kenya eTA from Taiwan in order to visit Kenya. Fortunately, the Kenyan Government launched a program called Kenyan eTA, which makes it easier for citizens from more than 150 countries to visit the country.
The Kenyan eTA process enables Taiwanese citizens to obtain a Kenya tourist eTA without visiting a local embassy, having an in-person interview, or filling out a mountain of paperwork. The procedure takes less than an hour, and applicants can expect their eTA in less than 72 hours.
To successfully receive your Kenya eTA, you must follow the Kenya eTA requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Kenya eTA for Taiwanese citizens
1. Kenya eTA for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese nationals who wish to travel to Kenya must obtain a eTA before entering the country.
The Republic of Kenya introduced the eTA for Kenya in 2015. It is an online eTA that allows for short-term travel to the country. Taiwanese citizens can apply for and use an eTA to visit Kenya for a variety of reasons, including tourism, business, religious travel, medical treatment, and family visits. The eTA application process takes less than 30 minutes and can be completed from the comfort of their own homes.
The Kenya eTA for Taiwanese citizens is valid for 90 days from the issued date.
If you are planning to travel to the country for other reasons, such as relocation, work, or study, you are required to visit at Kenya embassy in Taiwan
Type of Kenya eTA:
There are currently four types of Kenya eTA:
- Kenya transit eTA: This is a special eTA issued for people who have connections to other destinations through Kenya for a period of no more than 72 hours.
- Kenya tourist eTA: You must have a tourist eTA to enter the country for sightseeing or visiting friends or relatives. The eTA is valid for a longer period of time than the transit eTA. The validity of this eTA is three months from the issued date with a single entry. During this time, you are free to explore this amazing world filled with rare animals and natural landscapes. To apply for a tourist eTA, you must first prepare a copy of your passport and a photo.
- Kenya business eTA: is intended for people who want to participate in business-related activities such as attending exhibitions, meeting with partners in Kenya, looking for business opportunities, etc... This type of eTA allows Taiwanese nationals to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date with one entry allowance.
- East Africa eTA: This eTA is for travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, with Kenya being the first stop on the journey. You can visit three countries multiple times as you wish during the eTA validity period and stay for up to 90 days with this eTA.
2. Kenya eTA requirements for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese applicants must meet certain Kenya eTA requirements for Taiwanese citizens in order to apply for a Kenya eTA online:
- A valid Taiwanese passport with at least 06 months validity from the date the traveler arrives in Kenya. At least 02 blank passport pages for entry/exit stamps are required.
- A scan of your passport’s biographical page: Scan and submit your passport photo with your application.
- A recently digitized color photograph was taken within the last six months
- A ticket indicating the Taiwanese traveler's next destination (or a return ticket home) from Kenya.
- A valid email address where the traveler can receive updates on the status of their Kenya eTA.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from the host in Kenya.
- Business documents (for Business eTA): To apply for this type of eTA, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
Kenya eTA requirements for Taiwanese citizens
3. How to get a Kenya eTA for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese citizens can get a eTA for Kenya online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online Kenya eTA application form with necessary information about eTA application and themselves.
- Step 2: Pay the Kenya eTA fees for Taiwanese citizens
- Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya eTA
Read more: How to get Kenya online eTA
Taiwanese visitors who are ready to apply can do so online by filling out the Kenyan eTA application, which should take less than 30 minutes.
On the Kenya online eTA application for Kenya from Taiwan, tourists from Taiwan will be asked to provide their personal information including their personal details (full name, contact information, passport number, etc.), and eTA information (type of eTA, processing time, port of arrival),.
Before submitting the application, all Taiwanese applicants should double-check their answers to ensure that all of the information provided is correct. Errors or typos can cause the application's processing to be delayed or even denied.
Kenya eTA processing time for Taiwanese visitors
The Kenyan eTA processing time for Taiwanese citizens is typically between 05 and 72 hours.
Applicants in Taiwan may have to wait longer for their Kenya eTA in rare cases, such as high demand or public holidays. As a result, we advise all travelers to apply for their Kenya eTA well in advance (at least 07 days before the travel date) in order to enjoy a stress-free vacation.
Once their eTA application has been approved, the applicant from Taiwan will receive their eTA via email. Travelers must print out their approved Kenya eTA and present it to border officials when arriving from Taiwan in order to enter Kenya.
4. Kenya eTA fees for Taiwanese citizens:
Kenya eTA fees for Taiwanese citizens
The Kenya eTA fees depend on several factors. The cost of various types of eTA varies. Tourist eTA are typically less expensive than embassy-issued eTA.
Kenya eTA fees for Taiwanese citizens vary depending on whether they choose priority or standard processing and the type of eTA. On the payment page, the total cost is calculated, and applicants pay the fees securely online from Taiwan using a Credit/debit card, eTA card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
To apply for a Kenya eTA online from Taiwan, you have to pay two (02) kinds of eTA fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
Kenya Immigration Services has created three options for the processing time of eTA applications. To put together the best trip, you can choose a type of processing that fits your budget and time constraints.
- Normal: This is possibly your most affordable option. If you have a few days free before your departure, you should be able to get your eTA at a very reasonable price. (03 business days)
- Urgent: This option will cost slightly more than the other standard option, but you will be guaranteed a speedy eTA process. (within 1 business day)
- Super urgent: If you need to leave for your trip right away, this is the best option for you. This option will provide you with your eTA the quickest. (05 business hours)