Kenya visa requirements for Brazilian citizens
Kenya attracts an increasing number of tourists each year. The African country saw more than 2 million tourists visit in 2018 – an annual increase of 31.6 percent and over half a million more people than the previous year, including Brazilian nationals – thanks to innovative marketing campaigns and the allure of its numerous natural wonders.
This is thanks to the country's many incredible sights and experiences. From six UNESCO World Heritage Sites to a number of Marine Parks on the Kenyan Coast, the African country has something for everyone.
Brazilian citizens visiting Kenya will require a visa to enter the country. You can obtain an electronic visa with your Brazilian passport.
This means that you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and kenyaimmigration.org can help you with the application process.
More information about the application process, Kenya e-visa requirements for Brazilian citizens, and everything you need to know about obtaining a Kenyan visa from Brazil can be found below.
1. Kenya e-visa for Brazilian citizens
If you're from Brazil, you need a visa to enter. You can, however, apply for a visa online rather than visiting an Embassy.
For those planning a trip to Kenya, applying for a visa is a simple process that can be completed entirely online and takes only 20 minutes.
The Kenya e-visa, introduced in 2015, is an electronic visa that allows you to enter the country in the same way that a consular visa does, but through an automated system.
The Kenya e-visa for Brazilian citizens is a single-entry visa that grants Brazilian citizens a stay of 90 consecutive days in Kenya.
Once issued, the Kenya e-visa is valid for use for 3 months and can be used to travel to Kenya from Brazil at any point within that period.
Why do you need a Kenya e-Visa for Brazilian citizens?
According to the Kenya visa policy, Brazilian citizens must apply for the Kenyan e-visa if they plan to visit Kenya for short stays for the following reasons:
- Medical care
- Seeing friends or relatives
Brazilian travelers visiting the country for other reasons (to live, work, or study, for example), or for longer stays than those permitted with an e-visa, must apply in person at Kenya Embassy in Brazil
Kenya visa types for Brazilian citizens:
Consider the length of your trip and whether you want to visit other countries while you're here before selecting the best e-Visa for you. There are 4 type of Kenya e-visa:
- Kenya tourist e-visa: If you intend to stay in Kenya for an extended period of time, consider applying for a Tourist e-Visa.You won't have to worry about your visa expiring too soon with this e-Visa. You will have 90 days after arriving in Kenya to travel, visit loved ones, or make new memories.
- Kenya business e-visa: Brazilians can apply for a Kenya business e-visa if they are visiting Kenya to do business-related activities. The approved Kenya e-visa permits citizens of Brazil a stay of up to 90 consecutive days from the arrival date in the country.
- Kenya transit e-visa: Travelers from Brazil can stay in Kenya for up to three days with our Transit e-Visa. It's an excellent choice for a lengthy layover.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the best e-Visa for Brazilian travelers who want to visit Kenya and other parts of East Africa. Brazilians can apply for an East African e-Visa here. With the East African e-Visa, you will be able to freely travel between Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya during your stay, with multiple entries permitted in all three countries. With this visa, you can visit three countries and stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for Brazilian citizens:
As you might expect, the online application process is less rigorous than the one required when visiting the Embassy. Nonetheless, you must obtain some documents and information. Here is what you need to provide:
- Valid Brazilian passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya e-Visa unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Kenya, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification.
- A scan of the information page of your passport
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is taken recently, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A return flight ticket – This is a required document at the immigration checkpoint. This way, you demonstrate that you do not intend to overstay in the country.
- Proof of accommodation – This could be a hotel reservation or an invitation letter from your Kenyan host.
- Travel itinerary – It does not have to include every activity you will partake in while in Kenya. However, it should include at least the cities you intend to visit.
- Business documents (for Business e-visa): to get qualified, you need to provide an invitation letter from your company's partner in Kenya, a company COI, and your information card (staff ID/business card).
- E-mail address – the Kenya e-Visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you have to print it out.
3. Kenya e-visa application for Brazilian citizens:
When applying for a Kenya e-visa, applicants will be asked questions about the information on their passports, such as their first and last names and place of birth, as well as details about their itinerary in Kenya, and information about their arrival and departure date in Kenya.
Those who want to request online travel authorization have plenty of time to fill out the form and double-check their answers. Finally, pay the electronic fee with a credit or debit card.
Travelers will then have to wait for the e-Visa to be processed. This normally takes three business days, but it can take longer during peak seasons, so applicants should plan ahead.
Note: It is important to note that when arriving at any of the permitted ports of entry, a printed copy of the Kenyan e-Visa must be presented.
Read more: How to get a Kenya visa online
4. Kenya e-visa fees for Brazilian citizens:
The total cost will be determined by the type of visa and how quickly you require the electronic visa. Kenyaimmigration.org gives you 03 options; keep in mind that the option you choose determines the cost of Kenya visas . You have the option of selecting one of the following:
- Normal: This is the most expensive option, but it also has the longest processing time. Within 03 business days, you will receive your Kenya e-Visa.
- Urgent: If you choose this option, things will move more quickly. Your application will be ready in 24 business hours
- Super urgent: this is the most expensive option that kenyaimmigration.org offers, but also the fastest. Your travel document is ready within just 05 business hours.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and time-saving trip when coming to Kenya, including Kenya travel insurance, Kenya travel Sim, and Car Pick-up service in Kenya.
Note: Payment of methods – We accept multiple methods of payment. You can use a debit or credit card, American Express, Visa Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE