Kenya visa requirements for Indian citizens - Fees and Services
- What is the Kenya e-Visa for Indian citizens?
- Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Indian Citizens Currently Available
- How to apply for Kenya visa from India
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Indian Citizens
- Apply for the necessary Kenya visa at the Kenya Embassy in India
Are you an Indian citizen who wishes to travel to other countries? Traveling abroad is a fantastic way to learn more about how other people live and can provide rewarding memories and experiences. Kenya is one of the most unique and interesting places in the world for visitors.
If you are an Indian citizen and planning for a trip to Kenya, you will need a visa to do so, and thanks to the development of technology in this age, it is now easier than ever to obtain a Kenya visa for Indian citizens following the introduction of the e-Visa for Kenya. The Visa application for Kenya from India can be proceeded 100% online.
Indian passport holders planning to visit Kenya for reasons of tourism, business, or other reasons can apply for a Kenya e-Visa.
To successfully receive your Kenya e-Visa, you should meet the Kenya e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens.
What is the Kenya e-Visa for Indian citizens?
The Kenya e-Visa for Indians is an electronic document that proves travelers have been granted permission to enter the country. This online visa application is quick, simple, and straight-forward that can make you feel comfortable.
Once approved, you will receive an email with a single-entry Kenya e-Visa and this document is also linked to your Indian passport electronically. An e-visa for Kenya from India allows holders to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
If you leave Kenya while on your trip and want to return, you will need to apply for a new electronic Visa. If you want to stay in Kenya for a longer period of time, you can extend your Kenya e-Visa, but the time of validation cannot pass 1 period of 90-day.
Kenya visa for Indian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from India?
On the day your e-Visa expires, Indian nationals should go to the immigration office in Nairobi. You will then be issued a new tourist visa that will allow you to stay in Kenya for an additional 90 days.
People who want to stay for more than 3 months or for any other reasons should contact the Kenya Embassy in India for visa information.
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens
Before beginning the application process, travelers should ensure that they meet the Kenya e- Visa requirements for Indian citizens. Visitors need just a few items to apply for a Kenya evisa from India:
An Indian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya.
- The passport must have at least two blank pages for immigration stamps upon entry and exit from Kenya.
- The applicant must present the confirmation page of the application, along with the applicant's date and signature, or the printout of the Kenyan e-visa, to the immigration officer at the airport.
- A passport-style and size photograph of the applicant in color.
- You would have to pay for Kenya visa fees through Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal.
- A current email address that will be linked to your application. This is where the final approved e-Visa in PDF format will be sent.
- A basic travel itinerary: Some travelers may be required to submit information about their travel plans, such as the cities they intend to visit and a copy of their hotel/accommodation information.
- A return ticket: Officers may request to see a return ticket (or an onward travel ticket) to ensure that the visitor does not overstay their visa.
- COVID-19 insurance (optional): not only for increasing the chance of getting approved, but to keep your benefit as well.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Indian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Indian Citizens Currently Available
Kenya's e-Visa only allows single entries; anyone requiring multiple entries must apply for a different type of Visa. There are various types of Visa available to Indian citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sight-seeing. To get a tourist e-Visa for Kenya from India, you just need to log on to Kenya e-Visa for Indian passport holders for application.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when you need to overlay in Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. A validation of this type is a maximum of 72 hours from the date of arrival.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. You will have 90 consequential days of Visa validation.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is new type of e-Visa, used for traveling around 3 countries: Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda. You will check-in at the entry point in Kenya and get stamped before going without concern.
How to apply for Kenya visa from India
According to Kenya's visa policy, you should apply for a Kenya e-Visa from India before traveling to this country.
The Kenya eVisa application process is entirely online. The form is simple to complete and only takes a few minutes. You can obtain a tourist visa online for Kenya from India in 3 steps.
Your Kenya eVisa application is typically processed within 72 hours of submission. Indian citizens are recommended to apply at least 4 days before take-off time to avoid unwanted situations. But if you are in hurry, do not worry because we have 3 kinds of e-Visa application service:
- Normal: used in most cases. You will get your approval in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in some special cases. You can get a Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergency cases. You can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
Travelers from India can choose to print or show their approved online visa to border officials.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for Indian citizens online
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Indian Citizens
There are different types of visas available in Kenya, each with a different number of entries and stay duration. The Kenya visa fee for India is solely determined by the type of visa you have chosen.
To obtain a Kenya visa for Indian citizens, applicants have to pay two kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Indian citizens while traveling to Kenya, such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya, and Kenya eSim.
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for Indian citizens
Apply for the necessary Kenya visa at the Kenya Embassy in India
On public holidays in India and Kenya, the Kenya consulate/embassy's offices in India may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in New Delhi, India
- Address: 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, 110057
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in India
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya High commission office in India is open Monday to Friday.
Kenya Visa Requirements for India Citizens FAQs
Yes. Kenya is one of the world's most unique and interesting tourist destinations that attract many tourists from India every year. The Indian market is a crucial factor in the restoration of Kenya tourism when the number of Indian travelers to Kenya increases in 2021.
Kenya is renowned for its breathtakingly beautiful tourist attractions and enjoyable safari experiences. With its national parks and game reserves, Kenya is a top travel destination for those interested in wildlife and adventure.
Indian passport holders must obtain a visa to enter Kenya. Previously, Indian travelers must apply for a regular visa at the Embassy or Consulate. Since 2015, the Kenyan Government has launched electronic visas, making travel to Kenya more trouble-free and faster than ever before. Indians can use an electronic visa to enter the country for various reasons including tourism, short-term business, and medical purposes.
Indian travelers are able to apply for a Kenya visa online by filling out an application form, submitting some required documents, and making payment for the visa fee. It should take no more than 15 minutes to complete the visa application procedure on the Kenya Immigration Service website. Importantly, Indian applicants should check the Kenya e-visa requirements for Indians to prepare enough necessary documents beforehand
- An Indian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A flight ticket (If any)
- Kenya tourist e-visa: this e-visa type is granted for tourism-related purposes. Holders of this visa are allowed to enter the country once with a period of stay up to 90 days from the date of their arrival in Kenya.
- Kenya business visa: Indian nationals who visit Kenya for business activities should apply for this visa. They can remain in the country for up to 90 days with a Kenya business visa.
- Kenya transit visa: is issued for transit purposes only. Indian travelers using this visa to enter Kenya will have a 03-day stay there.
- East Africa Tourist e-visa: This special kind of visa allows Indians to visit 03 countries in total: Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda, with a starting point in Kenya. This multiple entry visa allows travelers from India to enter these countries as many times as they wish and stay there for 90 days.
No. You must enter Kenya with your valid eVisa so that the Immigration Officer at the border checkpoint can check it upon your arrival. Entering the country without a visa is considered unlawful. In this case, you will be removed from the country or even kept in prison.
- Step 1: Fill in the application form, providing visa details (number of visa, type of visa, processing time,..) and personal information (full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number)
- Step 2: Review all the data provided in the previous step. In this step, you will be required to make the online payment for the visa application fee.
- Step 3: Submit the application and wait for the result in a maximum of 03 business days. You can also expect to receive your Kenya eVisa sooner if you choose the urgent or super urgent visa service.
If Indians apply online for a Kenya eVisa on Kenya Immigration Services, they should submit the application form at least a week before their departure date from India. The eVisa is implemented by the Kenyan Government to help Indian citizens expedite the visa application process, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate. The processing time of visa applications is divided into 03 types:
- Normal: The Kenya eVisa is granted within 03 business days.
- Urgent: The processing time is faster. Indian applicants can get their eVisa within 24 hours using this type of service.
- Super Urgent: This is the highest priority in the application process that can help Indian citizens get their e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Indian travelers can obtain a visa online on Kenya Immigration Services which is more time-saving and economical than a regular visa. Before submitting their visa application for review, Indian applicants must pay the Kenya visa fee. There are 02 types of Kenya visa fees that they must pay: the Government Fee and the Service charge.
- Standard: This service is used in most cases. Indian applicants can receive their visa approval in a maximum of 03 business days. They need to pay only $59.00 for this service.
- Urgent: Indian travelers have to pay a higher fee to use this service as it guarantees your visa to arrive in just 24 hours. An additional $79.00 will be charged for this service.
- Super Urgent: This service allows Indian citizens to receive their visa within 05 hours with a fee of extra $99.00