Kenya visa requirements for Indian citizens - Fees and Services
- Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens
- Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Indian Citizens Currently Available
- Apply For A Kenya Visa For Indian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Indian Citizens
Kenya visa for Indian citizens: India is a country with a strong connection to the African continent. As such, many Indian citizens are interested in visiting Kenya for business, leisure, or humanitarian reasons. With the growing number of Indian citizens traveling to Kenya, it is important to understand the Kenya visa requirements for entry into the country.
Kenya Immigration Services will provide an overview of the Kenya visa requirements for Indian citizens and what documents you need to submit in order to apply online for a Kenya e visa from India.
Kenya visa for Indian citizens - How to get a Kenya e visa from India?
We will also discuss the Kenya e visa services and different types of Kenya visas that are currently available for Indian citizens, the Kenya e visa fees and processing time associated with the application process, as well as other important tips for ensuring a smoothest and fastest Kenya visa application for Indian citizens. Let's get started!
Let’s Check Kenya Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens
- India is not on the exempt country list for Kenya visas, so a Kenya visa is REQUIRED for Indian passport holders.
- Depending on the purpose and length of your stay in Kenya and the relevant documents available, Indian citizens can apply for the appropriate type of Kenya visa.
Indian citizens can apply for a Kenya visa in several ways:
- Kenya visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Kenya and can be acquired from the Kenya embassy in India or the nearest consulate.
- Applying online for a Kenya e visa for Indian citizens through our website.
To apply for a Kenya visa, Indian applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Kenya visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid Indian passport
- A scan of the biographical page of the Indian passport.
Check Kenya e visa requirements for Indian citizens
Need To Know All Types Of Kenya Visas For Indian Citizens Currently Available
Indians seeking to travel to Kenya will need to obtain the relevant Kenya visa in order to enter the country. There are several types of Kenya visas available for Indian citizens, depending on their travel purpose.
The most popular is the Kenya e visa for Indian citizens, which can be applied and obtained online before your trip. This type of Kenya visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and is suitable for people coming to Kenya for leisure, business, medical, or transit purposes.
Currently, there are four (04) types of Kenya e visa available to Indian citizens, depending on the purpose of the visit:
Kenya Tourist e visa
Mainly used for traveling and sightseeing purposes. Kenya tourist eVisa for Indian citizens only allows a single entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
Kenya Transit e visa
Used when Indians need to cross Kenya before taking another flight to a different country. Kenya transit eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing Indian travelers to have a short trip in Kenya for up to 03 days.
Kenya Business e visa
This is crucial for your work trip to Kenya. Indian workers will have 90 consecutive days in this country with a Kenya business e visa.
East Africa Tourist e visa
This East Africa tourist visa is one new type of Kenya e visa. East African tourist eVisas allow Indians to travel around 03 countries: Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this type of Kenya tourist eVisa, Indian tourists can visit these countries freely and remain there for a total of 90 days.
Indian citizens acquiring a multiple-entry Kenya visa are required to apply for a necessary Kenya visa at the nearest consulates or embassies of Kenya in India.
Apply For A Kenya Visa For Indian Citizens Right From Your Home
- Kenya e visa is an official online Visa system by the Kenya Government, launched in 2015 to allow citizens of eligible countries to enter Kenya legally, including India.
- Although the Government does not require Indian applicants to submit their documents at the Kenya embassy, they will ask you to scan some documents to process your Kenya e visa application.
Therefore, as Indian nationals applying for a Kenya eVisa, you should have certain documents ready to ensure a smooth process.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for Indian citizens online
Required documents to apply for a Kenyan visa include:
- Indian passport is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended arrival date in Kenya and has at least two pages for immigration stamps when entering and leaving Kenya
- A scan of the Indian passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address to receive notifications and Kenya visa approval information
- Passport photo of the Indian applicant taken as recently as possible.
In addition, depending on the type of Kenya e visa you apply for, there are some extra documents that Indian travelers need to provide.
About Kenya tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens
Indian travelers need to provide their travel itinerary. A hotel booking, flight tickets, or an invitation letter from a Kenyan host is also required to obtain a Kenya tourist visa for Indian citizens
About Kenya business visa requirements Indian citizens
Indians are required to provide an invitation letter from the company or invitation letter for business visits, a Certificate Of Incorporation of the company, and your staff ID card/Passport.
Apply for a Kenya e visa for Indian residents by following these steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Kenya e visa application form with basic information, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, as well as a passport number. Indian applicants should carefully check the accuracy of the information provided to avoid errors during the Kenya visa application process
- Step 2: Choose the payment method for the Kenya visa fees and provide some additional documents as required
- Step 3: Tab check Kenya e visa status on our website allows Indian citizens to track the status of the Kenya e visa application process at any time. Indian applicants will receive a Kenya e visa by email in a maximum of 03 business days.
Indian citizens should download and print out their Kenya e visa. Then bring your Kenya e visa with you to show the Kenya immigration officers upon arrival.
Learn More About Kenya Visa Fees And Services For Indian Citizens
There are various types of Kenya visas available to Indian passport holders, each with a different number of entries and staying time. Kenya visa fee for Indian citizens is solely determined by the type and service of your Kenya visa chosen.
Kenya e visa fee for Indian citizens
- To obtain a Kenya e visa for Indian citizens, you have to pay two kinds of fees, which are called the Kenya visa fee and the Kenya Government fee.
- More about how to make payment Kenya e visa fees for Indian citizens, and Kenya visa services cost here.
In addition, Kenya Immigration Services currently also provide other package services to assist Indian citizens while traveling to Kenya, such as Kenya travel insurance, Car pick-up service in Kenya, and Kenya eSim.
Learn about Kenya e visa fees for Indian citizens
Kenya e visa services for Indian citizens
Kenya Immigration Services is currently offering three (03) options of Kenya e visa services for Indian citizens depending on your needs.
Normal Kenya e visa service
Used in most cases, Indian travelers will get a Kenya eVisa approval in a guaranteed maximum of 03 business days.
Urgent Kenya e visa service
Used in some special cases, Indian citizens can get this Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours
Super Urgent Kenya e visa service
This is the fastest Kenya visa service available, used in emergency cases. Indians can get a Kenya eVisa in a guaranteed maximum of 05 business hours
Apply for a Rush Kenya e visa for Indian citizens here.
Consider buying Kenya travel insurance with Kenya e visa for Indian citizens
Although Kenya travel insurance is not one of the mandatory Kenya visa requirements for Indian citizens, it is an essential recommendation for your trip from the Kenya Government.
- When visiting a country like Kenya, Indian travelers should be ready for unforeseen events such as trip cancellation or interruption, accident, sickness, or loss of baggage. The Kenya travel insurance will help you partially reduce damages during the trip.
- Kenya Immigration Services believe that Kenya travel insurance is essential for Indian citizens to have peace of mind and enjoyment of their trip to Kenya.
Indian citizens can take benefits and Kenya travel insurance information here.
Apply for the necessary Kenya visa at the Kenya Embassy in India
On public holidays in India and Kenya, the Kenya consulate/embassy's offices in India may be closed.
High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in New Delhi, India
- Address: 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, 110057
- Link the consulates and embassies of Kenya in India here.
Kenya consulate/embassy office’s hours in India
- Morning: 09.00 - 12.30
- Afternoon: 13:30 - 16:00
Normally, the Kenya High commission office in India is open Monday to Friday.
Note about Kenya e visas for Indian citizens
- Indian passports must be valid for at least six (06) months to enter Kenya
- Please notice that Indian citizens need to download and print out your Kenya e visa, then bring it with you to show the Kenya Immigration officers upon arrival.
Kenya Visa Requirements for India Citizens FAQs
Yes. Kenya is one of the world's most unique and interesting tourist destinations that attract many tourists from India every year. The Indian market is a crucial factor in the restoration of Kenya tourism when the number of Indian travelers to Kenya increases in 2021.
Kenya is renowned for its breathtakingly beautiful tourist attractions and enjoyable safari experiences. With its national parks and game reserves, Kenya is a top travel destination for those interested in wildlife and adventure.
Indian passport holders must obtain a visa to enter Kenya. Previously, Indian travelers must apply for a regular visa at the Embassy or Consulate. Since 2015, the Kenyan Government has launched electronic visas, making travel to Kenya more trouble-free and faster than ever before. Indians can use an electronic visa to enter the country for various reasons including tourism, short-term business, and medical purposes.
Indian travelers are able to apply for a Kenya visa online by filling out an application form, submitting some required documents, and making payment for the visa fee. It should take no more than 15 minutes to complete the visa application procedure on the Kenya Immigration Service website. Importantly, Indian applicants should check the Kenya e-visa requirements for Indians to prepare enough necessary documents beforehand
- An Indian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A flight ticket (If any)
- Kenya tourist e-visa: this e-visa type is granted for tourism-related purposes. Holders of this visa are allowed to enter the country once with a period of stay up to 90 days from the date of their arrival in Kenya.
- Kenya business visa: Indian nationals who visit Kenya for business activities should apply for this visa. They can remain in the country for up to 90 days with a Kenya business visa.
- Kenya transit visa: is issued for transit purposes only. Indian travelers using this visa to enter Kenya will have a 03-day stay there.
- East Africa Tourist e-visa: This special kind of visa allows Indians to visit 03 countries in total: Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda, with a starting point in Kenya. This multiple entry visa allows travelers from India to enter these countries as many times as they wish and stay there for 90 days.
No. You must enter Kenya with your valid eVisa so that the Immigration Officer at the border checkpoint can check it upon your arrival. Entering the country without a visa is considered unlawful. In this case, you will be removed from the country or even kept in prison.
- Step 1: Fill in the application form, providing visa details (number of visa, type of visa, processing time,..) and personal information (full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number)
- Step 2: Review all the data provided in the previous step. In this step, you will be required to make the online payment for the visa application fee.
- Step 3: Submit the application and wait for the result in a maximum of 03 business days. You can also expect to receive your Kenya eVisa sooner if you choose the urgent or super urgent visa service.
If Indians apply online for a Kenya eVisa on Kenya Immigration Services, they should submit the application form at least a week before their departure date from India. The eVisa is implemented by the Kenyan Government to help Indian citizens expedite the visa application process, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate. The processing time of visa applications is divided into 03 types:
- Normal: The Kenya eVisa is granted within 03 business days.
- Urgent: The processing time is faster. Indian applicants can get their eVisa within 24 hours using this type of service.
- Super Urgent: This is the highest priority in the application process that can help Indian citizens get their e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Indian travelers can obtain a visa online on Kenya Immigration Services which is more time-saving and economical than a regular visa. Before submitting their visa application for review, Indian applicants must pay the Kenya visa fee. There are 02 types of Kenya visa fees that they must pay: the Government Fee and the Service charge.
- Standard: This service is used in most cases. Indian applicants can receive their visa approval in a maximum of 03 business days. They need to pay only $59.00 for this service.
- Urgent: Indian travelers have to pay a higher fee to use this service as it guarantees your visa to arrive in just 24 hours. An additional $79.00 will be charged for this service.
- Super Urgent: This service allows Indian citizens to receive their visa within 05 hours with a fee of extra $99.00