Dive Into Kenya’s Attractions: Hidden Gems Worth Exploring
Kenya attractions: Are you planning a trip to Kenya and looking for unique and off-the-beaten-path attractions to explore? Look no further! Kenya is home to numerous hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered.
From secluded beaches and hidden waterfalls to ancient ruins and vibrant markets, there is something for everyone in this East African country. Join us on a journey as we dive into Kenya's attractions and uncover the hidden gems that make this country a truly magical destination.
The Kenya tourist attractions dazzle all who visit, and viewing the country's abundant wildlife tops the list of places to visit. Let’s see!
- Overview Of Kenya Tourist Attractions
- The Main Tourist Attraction In Kenya Should Be On Your Bucket List
- Useful Information For Planning Your Trip To Visit Kenya Tourist Attractions
Overview Of Kenya Tourist Attractions
Located in East Africa alongside the Indian Ocean, Kenya is a diverse tourist spot in Africa that offers a range of exciting experiences. While the top attraction is embarking on a safari adventure in world-renowned parks like the Masai Mara National Reserve, there are also other fascinating places to visit in this East African country. Some of the popular Kenya tourist destinations include charming beaches, coral reefs, and ancient Swahili settlements along the Indian Ocean coastline.
Not only that, Kenya hosts an abundance of wildlife, with the Maasai Mara and its wildebeest migration being the most famous of the lot. Additionally, tourists can marvel at the snow-covered peaks of Africa's two highest mountains as another must-see attraction in Kenya.
The Main Tourist Attraction In Kenya Should Be On Your Bucket List
It's no wonder that Kenya is a popular destination for tourists from around the world. The country is home to many exciting tourist attractions, including world-famous safari parks, coastal treasures, and historical sites that showcase the rich cultural heritage of the region.
So, here’s a list of some of the main tourist attractions in Kenya that you must not miss during your next trip to this African jewel.
1. Fort Jesus In Mombasa
The Old Port of Mombasa island is one of the top tourist attractions in Mombasa and is watched over by the imposing Fort Jesus. Its remarkable architecture and the vast collection of artifacts make it an intriguing place to visit. Originally constructed between 1593 and 1596, the weathered fortress serves as a significant reminder of the first European power to assert control over trade in the Indian Ocean.
Although the fort's square shape and four bulwarks at the corners are exemplary of Portuguese Renaissance architecture, the majority of the labor, materials, and expert masonry techniques were likely contributed by local Swahili people. Most visitors' favorite experience was wandering through the vibrant Old Town nearby, which is one of the top tourist attractions in Mombasa.
2. Lake Nakuru National Park
Lake Nakuru National Park, located in Central Kenya, is famous for its large flocks of flamingos on the soda lake that spans nearly a third of the park area. The lake was established in 1961 and boasts more than 450 species of birds and wildlife as diverse as lions, leopards, boars, water antelopes, pythons and white rhinos.
The topography of Lake Nakuru National Park varies from vast grasslands bordering the lake to rugged cliffs and forests. In addition, the lake also contributes to the protection of Africa's largest euphorbia candle forest, providing a striking structural contrast to the arid surroundings.
Lake Nakuru National Park is famous for its large flocks of flamingos on the Soda Lake
3. Lake Naivasha
Whenever mentioning Kenya, visitors cannot help but mention Lake Naivasha. Lake Naivasha is one of the top Naivasha tourist attractions, and a haven for birders. Located at the highest point of the Great Rift Valley, this national park's reflective waters stretch out almost endlessly and attract more than 450 species of birds and several species of big cats. Lake Naivasha is home to more than a million flamingos, which often flock here to enjoy the abundant algae.
Just a two-hour drive from Nairobi, Lake Naivasha is an attractive choice for a day getaway or an ideal place for a weekend getaway. In addition to the main Lake Naivasha attractions, the beautiful lake shore can also be seen by zebras, water antelopes and sizable pythons slithering through dense forests.
Lake Nakuru's giant pink flamingos are another popular Kenya attraction in the area, making for great photo opportunities.
Lake Naivasha is one of the top Naivasha tourist attractions and a haven for birders
4. Malindi Beach
Malindi is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Kenya sightseeing. This beautiful beach town on the Kenyan coast offers a unique blend of old-world charm and modern tourist attractions in Kenya.
With a rich trading history, Malindi is a melting pot of cultures and cuisines, making it a great place to explore for foodies and culture enthusiasts alike. Visitors can relax on the white sands of Watamu Beach, explore the coral reefs of Malindi and Watamu Marine National Parks, and learn about the town's Swahili history in the 12th-century old town. Malindi Beach offers plenty of free activities, so there's no need to break the bank while enjoying all that this hidden gem has to offer.
5. Amboseli National Park
Kenya boasts a wide range of attractions in addition to the popular safari parks. Along the coast, visitors can engage in activities such as snorkeling and diving among the rich coral reefs, lounge on picturesque beaches and soak up a unique blend of culture and cuisine found in Mombasa and Malindi.
Farther east, Mount Kenya attraction offers hiking and trout fishing opportunities in crystal clear streams, while Hell's Gate National Park features natural geysers and hot springs as well as bottle caves. For a glimpse into Kenya's colonial history, visitors can explore Nairobi and visit locations featured in the movie “Out of Africa”.
6. Maasai Mara National Reserve
The Mara is a National reserve situated in the northern extension of the Serengeti, sharing a border with Tanzania. This reserve is popular for its wildlife corridor that connects the two countries, and it is home to a remarkable spectacle called the Great Migration, which happens from July to October. Maasai Mara National Reserve is considered home to herds of wildebeest, zebra and Thomson's antelope moving back and forth from the Serengeti.
In addition, the Mara River is home to many species of hippos and crocodiles. The park is also famous for offering exceptional opportunities to spot predators, such as lions, cheetahs and leopards, especially during the dry months of December through February.
Maasai Mara National Reserve famous for offering exceptional opportunities to spot predators
7. Lamu Island
Lamu Island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located northeast of Mombasa. When traveling to Lamu Island, visitors will admire architectural designs from the Arab world, Europe and India, featuring exquisitely carved wooden doors and coral stone buildings, courtyard, patio and hidden terrace.
A visit to Lamu Island is like traveling back in time, when sailing ships dominated the harbor, motor vehicles were scarce and donkeys still roamed the streets as they have done for centuries. In addition to cultural treasures, Lamu Island also boasts Shela Beach, considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Africa. Visitors can soak up the sun or engage in more adventurous activities. The island has also become a popular destination for kitesurfing thanks to its shallow and spacious waters near the village of Shela, which is ideal for studying.
Lamu Island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located northeast of Mombasa
Useful Information For Planning Your Trip To Visit Kenya Tourist Attractions
Visiting Kenya attractions is an adventure of a lifetime, but planning ahead is key to making the most of your trip. When it comes to Kenya sightseeing, it's important to note that travelers are required to apply for a Kenya e visa. It's recommended to use a reliable Kenya visa service to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
At Kenya Immigration Services, easy-to-use online platform that facilitates Kenya e visa applications, along with assistance accessible throughout the online Kenya visa application process from anywhere. Our competent team ensures swift and accurate Kenya visa processing, with a high rate of approval. Feel free to contact us anytime you need!
In addition, travelers should also research the local weather and culture of the areas you plan to visit to make sure you're respectful and prepared. Kenyan cuisine is also an important part of the cultural experience that you should try. Please prepare carefully to have a satisfactory trip to Kenya.
- Beyond Boundaries: Unforgettable Experiences Await In Kenya Travel
- Journey Through The Best Restaurants In Kenya For Food Lovers
- Kenya Food - Exploring The Spice Of Life In Kenya Cuisine
- Discovering The Natural World Of Kenya On A Wildlife Safari
- Everything About Kenyan Embassies And Consulates To Apply For A Kenya Visa
- Learn How To Check Kenya Electronic Visa Status Anytime Through Kenya Immigration Services Website
- Learn How To Apply For A Kenya Visas Online - Get A Kenya Electronic Visa From Anywhere
- Discovering Kenya Visa Fees And Kenya Travel Services For A Memorable Trip
- Learn About Kenya Visa Application & Kenya Visa Processing Time For Foreign Tourists
- The Best Kenya Travel Insurance For Tourist - Maximum Self Protection With Travel Insurance Kenya
- Learn More About Kenya Visa Types For International Travelers
- Learn About Kenya Visa Requirements For International Travelers
- The richness of Kenya culture and traditions
- Let's check out the best time to visit Kenya
- Kenya Immigration Services Suggests Useful Tips For A Wonderful Holiday In Kenya
- Entry Requirements For International Travelers To Travel To Kenya During The Covid-19 Pandemic
- An old friend in Kenya is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Africa - prepare to fall in love
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Diani Beach one of top 50 beaches worldwide according to new list
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 9 Delicious and Popular Local Foods In Kenya
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 22 Useful Tips to have best trips in Kenya
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Top 5 Must See Places During Your Visit to Kenya
- Fly-SAX airline for Christmas launch in Kenyan domestic market
- British tourists evacuated from Kenya over Al Shabaab threat