Top 9 Delicious and Popular Local Foods In Kenya
Ugali is the most popular food in Kenya. Ugali is a staple starch cornmeal made with maize flour. Our fans like to take Ugali along with saucy beef, mushroom or fish stew, Sukuma wiki or green vegetable soup.
Kenyans like eating Pilau – absolutely delicious. Pilau meal consists of rice flavoured with spices cooked in stock meat, chicken or fish. Most Kenyan Pilau meals are made with goat meat.
3. Kenyan Chapati
Chapati is Kenyans’ favourite bread for most meals. Chapati is very easy to make. It is made with white flour, salt and oil. Kenyans eat Chapati for breakfast with tasty stew or kachumbari. A truly delicious meal!
Mukimo is a popular food in Kenya. This traditional delicacy is made with potatoes, peas, corn and onions. It is served at all major Kenyan events. Incredibly delectable!
Matoke is one of the staple dishes in Kenya. Matoke is known as a variety of green bananas. The meal is made with banana, which is cooked and mashed into a meal. It is served with flavoured sauce. Extremely tasty and mouth-watering!
6. Nyama Choma
Kenyans surely love their Nyama Choma. Nyama Choma is a grilled meat and it is barbecued over an open fire and usually eaten with Kachumbari. Utterly delicious!
Irio is a delicious local dish, which consists of potatoes, peas and green vegetables. Sometimes corn is added as an ingredient. Irio is sometimes served along with grilled steak – Nyama choma and the combination is normally called Nyama na Irio.
Githeri is a common Kenyan dish which mainly consists of maize and kidney beans. Maize and kidney beans are usually boiled and stewed. Githeri is nutritious and richly delicious.
Maharagwe – a delicious Kenyan Red Beans cooked in Coconut milk. This delicious meal is made with red beans and other spicy ingredient. Some people cook the red beans with chicken seasoning instead of coconut milk.
- The richness of Kenya culture and traditions
- Let's check out the best time to visit Kenya
- Kenya Immigration Services Suggests Useful Tips For A Wonderful Holiday In Kenya
- Entry Requirements For International Travelers To Travel To Kenya During The Covid-19 Pandemic
- An old friend in Kenya is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Africa - prepare to fall in love
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Diani Beach one of top 50 beaches worldwide according to new list
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 22 Useful Tips to have best trips in Kenya
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Top 5 Must See Places During Your Visit to Kenya
- Fly-SAX airline for Christmas launch in Kenyan domestic market
- British tourists evacuated from Kenya over Al Shabaab threat