Kenya visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens
South Sudanese planning a trip to Kenya for tourism do not need to go to the nearest Kenyan consulate to obtain a visa. If you have a South Sudanese passport, you can apply for a Kenyan e-Visa online through kenyaimmigration.org.
South Sudanese tourists with an electronic visa can spend up to 90 days exploring Kenya. The Kenya e-Visa application process is 100% online. South Sudanese can submit the request from home and receive the approved visa by email. Read on to find out the documents required to obtain a Kenya e-visa for South Sudanese citizens and how to apply online.
Kenya e-visa for South Sudanese citizens
1. Kenya e-visa for South Sudanese citizens:
Traveling to Kenya for the short term has become easier with the introduction of the Kenya e-Visa in 2015. Because South Sudanese citizens and other country nationals no longer need to apply in person at an embassy or consulate, the Kenya visa application process is entirely online.
Kenya e-visa is an official document that permits you to travel to and from Kenya. The Kenya e-visa is electronically linked to your passport. The Kenya e-visa for South Sudanese citizens permits a maximum stay of 90 days from the date of entry into the country.
South Sudanese visitors can enter Kenya using the Kenya online visa for the following reasons:
- Visiting family
All other types of trips, such as studying or medical treatment in Kenya and visits lasting more than three months, require South Sudan nationals to obtain a Kenya e-visa from the Kenya embassy in South Sudan.
Kenya visa types for South Sudanese citizens:
There are four types of Kenya e-visa, depending on the specific reason(s) why each individual of South Sudan plans on a trip to the country.
- Kenya transit e-visa: Kenya transit e-visas are only required and issued to people who transit through Kenya to other destinations for less than 72 hours.
- Kenya business e-visa: The Kenya e-Visa is valid if you are visiting Kenya for up to 90 days for permitted business activities.
- Kenya tourist e-visa: Do you need a longer stay? The Tourist e-Visa is an excellent option for you. In Kenya, you'll have plenty of time to relax, sightsee, and visit family and friends. After entering, you'll have 90 days to explore everything Kenya has to offer.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ideal e-Visa for those who want to immerse themselves in East African culture. The East Africa e-Visa allows you to stay in Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya for 90 days. You may also enter and exit Rwanda and Uganda as often as you like during your 90-day stay.
2. Kenya e-visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens:
Once you have been approved for a Kenya e-visa, you can begin applying online through kenyaimmigration.org. South Sudanese only need to provide a few items to get started. Here's what you'll need to bring:
- Having a South Sudanese passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of the trip. It should have at least two blank pages for immigration stamps upon entry and exit from Kenya.
- Passport photo – It must be of high quality and meet all of the criteria for the best passport photo.
- Email address – The email address will serve as a link between you and us. There, we will send you all updates on the status of your e-Visa, and if additional documents are required, we will notify you.
- Digital photos: All applicants must submit a digital resume.
- Roundtrip ticket - Kenya electronic visa only allows you to have a roundtrip flight.
- Travel plan - paper detailing the locations you will visit in Kenya
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel confirmation or letter from a host.
- Having an invitation letter and company COI permit you to take part in business trips in Kenya.
- You may be required to have an invitation letter and ID from your acquaintance in Kenya.
Kenya e-visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens
If the South Sudanese passport is about to expire, applicants must obtain a new passport before applying for a Kenya visa. Any South Sudanese applicant who is a dual national must travel to Kenya on the same document that was used for the e-Visa application. Furthermore, South Sudanese citizens who have more than one passport must use the same one when filling out the online application and traveling to Kenya.
3. How to get a Kenya visa for South Sudanese citizens:
South Sudanese travelers can get an online Kenya visa in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Fill in the online Kenya visa application form
Step 2: Pay the Kenya visa fee for South Sudanese citizens
Step 3: Download and Print out Kenya e-Visa
Read more: How to get Kenya online visa
South Sudanese applicants should check all information before submitting their requests. Any mistakes or missing information could lead to processing delays or even cause the Kenya visa for South Sudanese citizens to be rejected.
The processing of Kenya e-Visa is fairly quick. Most requests are processed within 24 to 72 hours. However, in case of unexpected delays, we recommend that travelers apply at least 4 working days in advance.
South Sudanese applicants who are approved will receive their Kenya tourist electronic visa in their email inbox. They can then print the visa, which is sent in PDF format, and present it when they arrive at a Kenyan port of entry.
4. Kenya e-visa fees for South Sudanese citizens:
Kenya e-visa fees for South Sudanese citizens
The cost of a visa to travel from South Sudan to Kenya varies depending on the type of visa and processing time. Electronic visa fees cover processing costs and are generally less expensive than traditional embassy visas.
South Sudanese travelers pay for the Kenya e-Visa securely online using a Credit/Debit Card, Visa, American, PayPal. South Sudanese citizens have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance to cover your medical fee when you accidently positive with Covid-19 because the fee may be costly when you are abroad.
By applying with kenyaimmigration.org, you’ll be able to choose one of the following processing options depending on how fast you want to get your e-Visa:
- Normal: it is an inexpensive alternative. And your e-Visa will be ready in 3 business days
- Urgent: by choosing this processing time, you’ll be able to receive your digital Kenya visa for South Sudanese citizens within 24 business hours
- Super urgent: This option is ideal for emergency situations where you need the e-Visa as soon as possible. We process the e-Visa in 5 business hours, but at a higher cost.
Last Update: 07/2022
From November 2022, South Sudan passport holders are eligible for Kenya e-visa and can apply for it online before arriving in Kenya.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE